Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:55:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My transaction is stuck! Any suggestions??  (Read 1049 times)
icezer0z (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:51:08 PM

Transaction ID:  380583b2fdc364e3be1633653aac433f6e91989b4e10f713958c1eeedf95263a

I sent .25 BTC to 3H87TdipGzUjyx6huxJktjVSesRauYxYij

https://blockchain.info/tx/380583b2fdc364e3be1633653aac433f6e91989b4e10f713958c1eeedf95263a

Its stuck not sure what is going on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 09:09:08 PM

Transaction ID:  380583b2fdc364e3be1633653aac433f6e91989b4e10f713958c1eeedf95263a

I sent .25 BTC to 3H87TdipGzUjyx6huxJktjVSesRauYxYij

https://blockchain.info/tx/380583b2fdc364e3be1633653aac433f6e91989b4e10f713958c1eeedf95263a

Its stuck not sure what is going on?

Low fee, keep bitcoin core open and it will confirm eventually.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
funkydog

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:09:43 PM

Your fees are too low meaning you have to wait for it... keep your core open
icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:16:50 PM

Ok thanks, I was a bit nervous

icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:20:04 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 09:30:24 PM by icezer0z

Ok one thing I do not understand is this:

Transaction sum:0.54714409

Why is my transaction sum 0.54714409 when I only sent 0.25 ?

http://blockr.io/tx/info/380583b2fdc364e3be1633653aac433f6e91989b4e10f713958c1eeedf95263a

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:21:58 PM

For anyone who does not know...
Bitcoin fees are voluntary and not required. However, miners keep the fees for including transactions in blocks as payment for service. They can choose which transactions to include and, of course, are more likely to go for those that include a fee. Tx's with no fee will almost certainly be in a block eventually. Those with high fees are often prioritized. In the big picture the fee gravitates toward the lowest profitable amount.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:24:06 PM

Ok one thing I do not understand is this:

Transaction sum:0.54714409

Why is my transaction sum 0.54714409 when I only sent 0.25 ?

http://blockr.io/tx/info/380583b2fdc364e3be1633653aac433f6e91989b4e10f713958c1eeedf95263a
I think you are looking at "change". A weird aspect of BTC. You will be sent back your change and all will be good.

Read this! https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change

icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:25:20 PM

Bitcoin fees are voluntary and not required. However, miners keep the fees for including transactions in blocks as payment for service. They can choose which transactions to include and, of course, are more likely to go for those that include a fee. Tx's with no fee will almost certainly be in a block eventually. Those with high fees are often prioritized. In the big picture the fee gravitates toward the lowest profitable amount.  

When I sent my transaction I set the slider towards the middle because I wanted it to be quicker

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 09:48:44 PM

When I sent my transaction I set the slider towards the middle because I wanted it to be quicker

Yes, the fee is not terribly low. My estimate for 18 blocks shows 12553 satoshi/kb currently though. This can happen as the information core uses to predict the fee is based on the past. The future might look different. We just have a lot of transactions waiting for a confirmation currently.

Note: I did a reboot 12/12

Edit: while we are chatting away, the TX is confirmed (4 currently).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:02:29 PM

Yes, the fee is not terribly low. My estimate for 18 blocks shows 12553 satoshi/kb currently though. This can happen as the information core uses to predict the fee is based on the past. The future might look different. We just have a lot of transactions waiting for a confirmation currently.

OK thanks for the explanation, it did confirm just took a few hrs.  I still am confused why it appeared like 2 separate transactions were taking place (my 5th post)

funkydog

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

OK thanks for the explanation, it did confirm just took a few hrs. I still am confused why it appeared like 2 separate transactions were taking place (my 5th post)

Try to look at it this way... When the output of any transaction was used as the input of another transaction then it is seen as 1 part -> try to look at it as 1 bill (paper money). So you gave that bill but that bill was worth more than the amount you wanted to send. So you gave the bill and got change in return.

It's like you had a 20 dollar bill and only that in your pocket and needed to pay $15 so you gave the $20 and got $5 back.
icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:40:34 PM

OK thanks for the explanation, it did confirm just took a few hrs. I still am confused why it appeared like 2 separate transactions were taking place (my 5th post)

Try to look at it this way... When the output of any transaction was used as the input of another transaction then it is seen as 1 part -> try to look at it as 1 bill (paper money). So you gave that bill but that bill was worth more than the amount you wanted to send. So you gave the bill and got change in return.

It's like you had a 20 dollar bill and only that in your pocket and needed to pay $15 so you gave the $20 and got $5 back.

Ok thanks funkydog, I am going to read up on this but now I have a better picture of the process.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:52:42 PM

Ah, Glad to see it all worked out. You did everything right, just backed up I guess.

foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:03:03 PM

If you rush to get your transaction confirmed in next block, you can check here cointape.com and get the ideas what is the minimum fees that should be paid for getting your tansaction included in next block!
funkydog

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:07:10 PM

If you rush to get your transaction confirmed in next block, you can check here cointape.com and get the ideas what is the minimum fees that should be paid for getting your tansaction included in next block!

Bad Gateway ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: