Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:59:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie wanting to get into mining. Needs help!  (Read 1739 times)
Cire3 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:34:59 AM

Not sure making one dollar a day is worth it. Would I be better of just trying out the S3 or go for something like the Spondoolie SP20 Where I'd be making a little more.

Honestly if I were you I think you need to do a little more research.  I would HIGHLY recommend not ordering till you have done a little more, just seems a lot of questions.  They are valid questions but I suggest getting researching before you do any ordering.

I suggest looking up your exact electricity cost (include taxes/fees).   After that look at ROI, research it at different percentages.   Try different miners at ROI it is good practice if noting else.   After all that... research miners a little more.   Assuming you do all that then come back.  Decide if your doing for profit or learning.... and see if that is possible.   

Then start looking at buying.  It easily could take day's to go through all of this, there is no need to rush decision.

Okay, I know already that I want to do this for profits, and to learn. Mainly for profit. I'm just researching other miners and my electric I'll get back to you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Idz4dealz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:05:08 AM

Hi I'm also Noob to mining.
I have a small USB antminer that although not profitable I can take it with my laptop...Portable means I end up plugging it in everywhere. Got me more interested and learned a little on the way. I do have some computer equipment that sure is helpful for mining (Old servers etc but living in UK not sure would be economical to ship. Good luck 

If anyone from the UK, Wales especially is interested in setting up mining equipment/networking please drop me a msg

https://www.betcoin.ag?r=169495 If you like gambling or not no pressure but I use betcoin and find networking there of considerable help too.

IDZ
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:07:45 AM

Not sure making one dollar a day is worth it. Would I be better of just trying out the S3 or go for something like the Spondoolie SP20 Where I'd be making a little more.

Honestly if I were you I think you need to do a little more research.  I would HIGHLY recommend not ordering till you have done a little more, just seems a lot of questions.  They are valid questions but I suggest getting researching before you do any ordering.

I suggest looking up your exact electricity cost (include taxes/fees).   After that look at ROI, research it at different percentages.   Try different miners at ROI it is good practice if noting else.   After all that... research miners a little more.   Assuming you do all that then come back.  Decide if your doing for profit or learning.... and see if that is possible.   

Then start looking at buying.  It easily could take day's to go through all of this, there is no need to rush decision.

Okay, I know already that I want to do this for profits, and to learn. Mainly for profit. I'm just researching other miners and my electric I'll get back to you!

My suggestion would be, don't go for new miners, buy second hand miners and run them, as you will get those miners cheaper and will ROI even much faster compared to buying new miners. Remember, what I have known till now is, any miner that you buy works best just for 1 full year, so research and then buy.
Bitspenser

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:19:39 AM

My suggestion would be, don't go for new miners, buy second hand miners and run them, as you will get those miners cheaper and will ROI even much faster compared to buying new miners. Remember, what I have known till now is, any miner that you buy works best just for 1 full year, so research and then buy.

I agree with buying old miners. But not because they will ROI faster. Both new and old miners are difficult to ROI if your electricity price is higher than $0.15 kWh. The old miners are cheaper, you will lose less.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: