Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Chip Cements BitFury as Industry Leader in Energy Efficiency  (Read 2551 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 01:07:17 PM

New Chip Cements BitFury as Industry Leader in Energy Efficiency

SAN FRANCISCO & TBILISI, Georgia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BitFury Group, the leading Bitcoin Blockchain infrastructure provider and transaction processing company in the world today announced mass-production of its full-custom design 16nm Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Chip, which will bring unmatched energy efficiency to the Bitcoin network.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151216005453/en/BitFury-Announces-Mass-Production-Fastest-Effective-16nm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flikflak

Activity: 408
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

Well, those chip-specs are impressive -> 0.07 - 0.055 J/GH... I'd like to belive that. It would be 4-5 times more efficient than an S7/Avalon6 -> which is doubtful...
Keep in mind, that those are still chip specs. Even the 1384 (S5) chip-specs are at 0.448-0.249 J/GH depending on its Vcore.

So in a fully equipped mining-rig we can expect about 0.12-0.14 J/GH @ wall.

We will see
sobe-it

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:23:15 PM

Interesting times ahead..... feel bad for those who are buying gear at top price. Diff is climbing and with chips like this comming into play it will continue to climb fast and halving is around the corner.

also if you figure worst .1 watts per ghs at miner level and clock it at 80 ghs would pull 8 watts...... pffft a 50-100 ghs stick miner.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:35:56 AM

the halving will have a great impact on the value and the efficiency not so much, because right now the ratio between consumption and earning is something like 1/10, the consumption is already very low for a single s7($45 per month) while the earning is around $400

having more efficiency will not change much at this point already let alone with future better efficiency...cheap electricity count more
Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:08:07 PM

the halving will have a great impact on the value and the efficiency not so much, because right now the ratio between consumption and earning is something like 1/10, the consumption is already very low for a single s7($45 per month) while the earning is around $400

having more efficiency will not change much at this point already let alone with future better efficiency...cheap electricity count more

What is your assumption of electricity price here to make the cost of mining to be $45 per month?
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

Could you guys explain or refer to somewhere where I can learn more about this you call "the halving"? Thanks!
sobe-it

Activity: 453

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 03:09:21 PM

Could you guys explain or refer to somewhere where I can learn more about this you call "the halving"? Thanks!

quick and easy:

The reward for finding a block is reduced by half of what it currently is (25) and continues to lessen by half roughly every 4 years, calculated by the number of blocks mined (210,000). Which is why the difficulty changes to adapt the network hash rate to block times of 10 minutes to control supply.

The long read: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:06:20 AM

What is your assumption of electricity price here to make the cost of mining to be $45 per month?

at 0.05 per electricity and a consumption of 1200w per hours, with a s7 you have $45 per month in total

just do the math, 1200w per hour are 30kw a day, x 0.05 x 30 is $45
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:00:26 AM

wow with this, there will be major shakeups in the mining industry
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:31:48 AM

By the time it's integrated into a end-user device we'll be looking at Q2.  We have to wait this out for more info.
Erickson

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:53:53 AM

btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:27:10 PM

no way am I buying anytime soon until we get rigs with these. Current asics will already be boat
anchors soon enough nevermind this driving difficulty through the roof.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1708

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:12:09 PM

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in guerilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, KnCMiner 
details here
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=28005.0

At first I assumed he was some spammer but he is talking about KNC Miner. Wonder why all the hate,

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:08:42 PM

I still think that BITMAIN's equipment is far better and far cheaper that BitFury hardware.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:42:48 AM

Go read up on how bitcoin is generated. Long story short, ever approximately 10 minutes a block is found that cotains x number of new bitcoins. It started with 50 and every certain blocks(which i forgot)  this amount halves.
Fanpant

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 10:00:52 AM

Does anybody know when 16nm chips are coming? Some producers want to deliver in January 2016 but is there any proof that the 16nm are available?
I can't find any information here.

Okay, it says first quarter of 2016. But not January. So I think it seems to be not doable.

I read somewhere that the new chip will come out March 2016. Bitmain will also introduce a similar spec miner around that time.
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 07:26:21 AM

Does anybody know when 16nm chips are coming? Some producers want to deliver in January 2016 but is there any proof that the 16nm are available?

Okay, it says first quarter of 2016. But not January. So I think it seems to be not doable.

I read somewhere that the new chip will come out March 2016. Bitmain will also introduce a similar spec miner around that time.

Woohoo, where did you read that? I am interested in bitmaintech new spec Smiley. antminer s8 incoming?

mesimpleme

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:48:55 AM

Woohoo, where did you read that? I am interested in bitmaintech new spec Smiley. antminer s8 incoming?

Likely, but at what cost? Difficulty is skyrocketing, it takes a lot for Chip otttenere profit ...Wink
btcbilly

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:59:35 AM

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in guerilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, KnCMiner 
details here
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=28005.0

At first I assumed he was some spammer but he is talking about KNC Miner. Wonder why all the hate,

Lol what was he responding to on this? I cant find it but it makes me laugh lol
wonder if he is from bitfury if he is going to shit fury
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: