Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62721 times)
raku

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:10:28 PM

Holding golds is a bit risky because you should hold them physically somewhere and requires a safe place, but bitcoin is something "virtual" and it require  just a pc or laptop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enterprevic

Activity: 86

Healthpromag.com

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:17:27 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

I think the country that has been spending a fortune on gold lately is Russia I read article somewhere that the president has been buying and storing tonnes of gold bars over the year although I do not know what its meant to do. Maybe staboilize the rubles against the dollar since the price of one ruble to dollar is kinda high

BillyTalent

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

I think the country that has been spending a fortune on gold lately is Russia I read article somewhere that the president has been buying and storing tonnes of gold bars over the year although I do not know what its meant to do. Maybe staboilize the rubles against the dollar since the price of one ruble to dollar is kinda high

The Russian government sometimes makes very unpredictable actions. If bitcoin was legalized in Russia, maybe the government did not buy gold bars. I prefer to keep my capital in bitcoins, because it is much more profitable than gold
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:51:25 PM

I can say that holding bitcoin is more profitable than holding gold. There are many comparisons in Internet that says holding bitcoin is better than holding gold.

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1159

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:52:31 PM

Holding of btc would better as compare to fiat , Because First it has no fix price and on the top its price change every minute and every moment.
You can sell it anytime and whenever you want. You can store your bitcoin on your wallet but its hard to store gold. I don't think we can earn much as compare to bitcoin  and earning from gold is slow and steady.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Mukulislam

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:47:56 PM

Bitcoin is not here to fight gold. Bitcoin is here to compete with FIAT. Actually Bitcoin and gold are very similar as many view bitcoin as digital gold.Gold is a solid but barely profitable investment
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:51:48 AM

For our generation we are getting a huge advantage.We can hold both gold and bitcoin and earn a huge amount of money from it.For me holding gold and holding btc is the same
I don’t think so that holding of bitcoin and holding of gold are the same things. In fact, there is a huge difference in both of them. For me, holding of gold is a good option but it cannot help you earn any significant kind of profit as the market value of gold is almost stable.

On the other hand, holding of bitcoin actually means that you are going to have much more money than you actually investment after sometime.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:22:59 AM

That is why. If we take hold of gold, we will only be controlled by Central banks which certainly hold gold in large quantities. Whereas in bitcoin, no one controls because bitcoin is spread to various parties around the world with limited supply. Bitcoin is a more potential investment trend as money tree better than gold.
Bitcoin being decentralized is effective in every other aspect. You can have more bitcoins in your wallet and no one knows about it. You invest in gold and holding it, and all your neighbors know how much value you have stored. Jokes apart, bitcoin have more potential to produce profits than this gold. So better is to make bitcoin hold for a long time. Gold is not that much profitable.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:27:00 AM

I prefer to withhold bitcoin rather than gold, because the availability of gold more than bitcoin, while the market demand of bitcoin is very high it is obviously very beneficial for those who hold the bitcoin balance.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:30:29 AM

holding bitcoin is more advantageous than holding gold, bitcoin is very advantageous because bitcoin has very limited availability while its very high demand can be a trigger overchart of bitcoin prices and favorable for those who have bitcoin.
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:47:03 AM

Holding bitcoins for long term would be more profitable in compare to holding of gold as no one knows how higher price of bitcoins can go in future comparatively gold is stable and won't go too high even if you hold too long so to get huge profits in long term I think holding bitcoins is the right choice.
Maslate

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:27:08 AM

Holding bitcoins for long term would be more profitable in compare to holding of gold as no one knows how higher price of bitcoins can go in future comparatively gold is stable and won't go too high even if you hold too long so to get huge profits in long term I think holding bitcoins is the right choice.
Based on the price movement of bitcoin now we can easily tell that bitcoin is more profitable, however this is a question of consistency,
are we confident enough that bitcoin will continue to rise? it's called a high risk investment for a reason why gold is stable and anyone can make money if he invested a decent amount of money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:46:09 AM

Nowadays it's clearly looks like more people are more focused on bitcoin than gold, because it advantages and its profits are more and more felt by many people in this world. The value that tends to keep increasing from time to time, of course this would be more attractive to many people to invest in bitcoin (holding bitcoin).
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:03:33 AM

I think currently bitcoin users will not be able to match the gold users because gold is very long known to people. besides that gold also has a physical that can be carried wherever we want while bitcoin does not have physical, therefore people very much use gold from bitcoin.

Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:12:06 AM

Nothing seem to be comparable, bitcoin depend on a network, gold simply doesn't, gold exists from thousands of years, Gold at least is legalized by all governments. in other side, bitcoin is a digital currency that can be banned by countries in any day, since governments really don't understand it.
Moonrunner

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:06:13 AM

BTC will give you more profit because it grows like a very big mountain and gold grows very slow it is very hard to compare those two i do not understand why people compare those because gold is something you can were and bitcoin is online money.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:36:18 PM

Nothing seem to be comparable, bitcoin depend on a network, gold simply doesn't, gold exists from thousands of years, Gold at least is legalized by all governments. in other side, bitcoin is a digital currency that can be banned by countries in any day, since governments really don't understand it.

Yes they are just completely not comparable except their value in fiat currency terms. It's better to store both of them and diversify your funds in order to stand a chance of profiting from either of them that soars in future.
Vaculin

Activity: 2884
Merit: 612

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:57:56 PM

BTC will give you more profit because it grows like a very big mountain and gold grows very slow it is very hard to compare those two i do not understand why people compare those because gold is something you can were and bitcoin is online money.
I agree.Holding bitcoin is more profitable than just holding gold.Its price is very progressive everyday unlike gold that is constant in value,or maybe increasing in value but not too fast compared to bitcoin.I honestly store gold too and i always wear it,but i am giving more importance in storing bitcoin because i know for sure it will give me the best profit more than what i expected.
absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:00:07 PM

Based on the price movement of bitcoin now we can easily tell that bitcoin is more profitable, however this is a question of consistency,
are we confident enough that bitcoin will continue to rise? it's called a high risk investment for a reason why gold is stable and anyone can make money if he invested a decent amount of money.
What if BTC becomes stable too after reaching a certain point like 10k $? I wouldn't even like to think that holding or investing on gold over BTC . BTC might be unstable and hence have high risk associated with it but I would still go for BTC everytime .

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:35:15 PM

For our generation we are getting a huge advantage.We can hold both gold and bitcoin and earn a huge amount of money from it.For me holding gold and holding btc is the same
I don’t think so that holding of bitcoin and holding of gold are the same things. In fact, there is a huge difference in both of them. For me, holding of gold is a good option but it cannot help you earn any significant kind of profit as the market value of gold is almost stable.

On the other hand, holding of bitcoin actually means that you are going to have much more money than you actually investment after sometime.
I must appreciate your logic of reasoning but the fact is holding of gold is still far better than that of holding of bitcoin. It is because of the reason that gold is having a very stable market price and there are very less chances of getting any kind of loss while holding your gold. On the other, bitcoin is volatile in nature and you never know what will happen in the coming days. So think well before making any decision.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: