Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly"  (Read 108354 times)
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:40:10 AM

shortly might mean in 2017 or 2018 Roll Eyes Smiley))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:12:26 PM

Shortly means less than a month boys Tongue.

Stop being like Blizzard lol!
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:42:25 PM

Shortly means less than a month boys Tongue.

Stop being like Blizzard lol!

actually blizzard releases are pretty much when they say they will  :_) legion is due out in Sep this year. jk but it is. but i do renumber those missed wow expac releases,or leaks that never happen, as for there other games, can't say don't play them.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:48:40 PM

So they have to release a miner sometime in the next 3 weeks? Since they took that 1 BTC bet with Kilo ?

1 BTC is nothing compared to their sales so even if they lose the bet it was damn worth it.

jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:06:42 PM

This just in, Bitfury has tied the release date and sales of their 16nm miners to when Valve releases Half-Life 3, we should see them "any day now"!

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!

I could not agree more.
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:15:55 PM

This just in, Bitfury has tied the release date and sales of their 16nm miners to when Valve releases Half-Life 3, we should see them "any day now"!

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!

I could not agree more.

Without a grid-tie, you need a huge batterybank.
Or are you only going to mine during sun hours? Or are you going to manually connect the miners to the grid when the sun goes down? Tongue
Batteries are expensive!

PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:46:36 AM

Roll Eyes

I could not agree more.

Without a grid-tie, you need a huge batterybank.
Or are you only going to mine during sun hours? Or are you going to manually connect the miners to the grid when the sun goes down? Tongue
Batteries are expensive!

So is paying endlessly increasing (due to rate increases) electrical bills.

Where I am, my electrical coop(s) are real crooks. They managed to get into law a requirement for the owner to have a liability insurance policy. The cost of the policy exceeds even the maximum revenue stream for selling power back (+ net excess generation metering) as an IPP (Independent Power Producer 40 KW nameplate capacity or less) under the Minnesota Statute. If you exceed 40Kw nameplate capacity generation you're classified just as they are and have to negotiate a contract, typically at the "avoided cost rate". Which is the lowest priced rate class, and here, about $0.005 per Kwh (That's 1/2 cent per Kwh). They sell regular service power to the retail customer @ $0.1235. Hence my crook comment.

I decided long ago (1999) that it would be a cold day in Hell and the little devils would go skating when they got 1 miliwatt from me. F'em if they can't take a joke.

Oh, and yes, I have a sizable battery bank of U.S, Battery L16HC XC2's (20 Hour Rate: 420) and ~150 lbs each. The first batch of these wore out after 10 years of service, I abused them, else I'd a got 15 years out them. http://usbattery.com/products/6-volt-batteries/us-l16hc-xc2/ Best "bang-for-the-buck".

To avoid the insurance cost, I run a "hybrid" system. Solar charges the batteries (and a little AirX, which is really just a toy comparatively). If the solar charging system comes up short for the day, I have a Morningstar relay driver that senses battery voltage and turns on some high current (100A each) RV power converters (battery chargers http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8MC45E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00) feed by off peak power ($0.048 per Kwh) at night. At 8:30 AM it turns them off in preparation for another solar charging day. This is by far cheaper than running a gas/diesel fueled generator (and a hell of a lot quieter) for "make up" power/charging. The size of the bill at the end of each month is indicative of how "sun shiny" the month was. After 17 years I can pretty much predict what next months bill will be. Even with the converter and inverter losses it's still way cheap power. And I have the peace of mind that everything electrical on the property is UPS'ed.

I've rambled off topic long enough.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 08:03:35 AM

Where I am, my electrical coop(s) are real crooks. They managed to get into law a requirement for the owner to have a liability insurance policy. The cost of the policy exceeds even the maximum revenue stream for selling power back (+ net excess generation metering) as an IPP (Independent Power Producer 40 KW nameplate capacity or less) under the Minnesota Statute. If you exceed 40Kw nameplate capacity generation you're classified just as they are and have to negotiate a contract, typically at the "avoided cost rate". Which is the lowest priced rate class, and here, about $0.005 per Kwh (That's 1/2 cent per Kwh). They sell regular service power to the retail customer @ $0.1235. Hence my crook comment.

I decided long ago (1999) that it would be a cold day in Hell and the little devils would go skating when they got 1 miliwatt from me. F'em if they can't take a joke.

Oh, and yes, I have a sizable battery bank of U.S, Battery L16HC XC2's (20 Hour Rate: 420) and ~150 lbs each. The first batch of these wore out after 10 years of service, I abused them, else I'd a got 15 years out them. http://usbattery.com/products/6-volt-batteries/us-l16hc-xc2/ Best "bang-for-the-buck".

To avoid the insurance cost, I run a "hybrid" system. Solar charges the batteries (and a little AirX, which is really just a toy comparatively). If the solar charging system comes up short for the day, I have a Morningstar relay driver that senses battery voltage and turns on some high current (100A each) RV power converters (battery chargers http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8MC45E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00) feed by off peak power ($0.048 per Kwh) at night. At 8:30 AM it turns them off in preparation for another solar charging day. This is by far cheaper than running a gas/diesel fueled generator (and a hell of a lot quieter) for "make up" power/charging. The size of the bill at the end of each month is indicative of how "sun shiny" the month was. After 17 years I can pretty much predict what next months bill will be. Even with the converter and inverter losses it's still way cheap power. And I have the peace of mind that everything electrical on the property is UPS'ed.

I can completely understand this from a be self sufficient / increasing tarrif prices / silly regulations point of view but.... Have you ever done the maths on the total outlay and running / maintenance cost compared to just buying power from the electricity company?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
hack4love

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 04:08:39 AM

is this company just make chips 

so what we can do with this as normal  buyer do they make mining hardware
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:58:18 AM

I can completely understand this from a be self sufficient / increasing tarrif prices / silly regulations point of view but.... Have you ever done the maths on the total outlay and running / maintenance cost compared to just buying power from the electricity company?

Rich

"... total outlay and running / maintenance cost compared to just buying power from the electricity company?"

Yes, since 1998. I re-evaluate every 6 months or so.

Initially in 1999 the power company gave me an estimate of $20,000+ to run in power to my place (I'm almost a 1/4 mile off the main road and I'm the only customer on my road, which I own). As a submariner (nuc powered) I had been investigating being self sufficient since the late 70's. So needless to say instead of giving them 20 grand I spent it on RE hardware (batteries, solar, wind, genny's, etc.). In Decmber of 2005 I "bit the bullet" and had them connect me to the grid (at a cost of ~$5,000). At the time regular service was $0.055/KWh and off peak was $0.028. I still generated most of the power and bought small amounts from them during peak demands (water heater, electric stove). Then 3 years ago got into BTC mining and became a heavy power purchaser (~$2,500/Month). Recently my power coop announced rate hikes as a result of the EPA's "carbon tax" (CPP Clean Power Plan). This initiated, and is still ongoing, a research endeavor regarding the future pricing and availability of electrical power. Basically my research and analysis to date indicates that within the next 5-10 years electricity will become a luxury item, nationwide. Priced out of the reach for low and middle income wage earners. My renewed self generation fervor revolves around "getting in front of" an impending decrease in quality of life. Survival.

A properly designed renewable generation system, OVER TIME, will always be cheaper (and OBTW better for the environment) than buying power from an external source. For one simple reason, You're buying power with today's dollars and "locking in" your cost / KWh over the life of the system (15-30 years). As such I am NOT a fan of tax incentives, rebates, or other incentives. Those can disappear and have disappeared with the stroke of a pen and public opinion. An improperly designed system will never break even/pay for it's self. It's real easy to design a system wrong and are typically the systems that fossil fuel generation company's like to broadcast about.

I'm a fan of a particular kind of nuclear power not currently operating here in the US. Thorium fuel cycle molten salt reactors. Having lived for 12 years less than 250 feet away from the core of a LWP (light water pressure) reactor (Nuclear powered submarine) my previous statement comes from experience. LWP's are a problem looking for a place/time to happen. Checkout: http://www.ted.com/talks/kirk_sorensen_thorium_an_alternative_nuclear_fuel

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:23:49 AM

Where the hell is that like button??  Rock on PlanetCrypto  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 04:02:14 PM

I'm looking into the Tesla Powerwall batteries for my 21kw system.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:36:41 AM

If you are talking about the wall mounted space age looking ones..I have buddies who have batteries for solar farms
and if I remember right a current 'ugly' set of such you can get twice the capacity for 1/2 the $$$

(but they don't hang on the wall and are kinda ugly)

same stuff thou if I remember the convo

just a thought so do your research

as to the feasibility of your plan I leave that to others..the above just 'jog'd' my memory of this coming up in chat with some folk

on the release of this wall mounted battery device by tesla at least what you supposedly can get bang for your buck equivlent

good luck whichever

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:04:35 AM

If you are talking about the wall mounted space age looking ones..I have buddies who have batteries for solar farms
and if I remember right a current 'ugly' set of such you can get twice the capacity for 1/2 the $$$

as to the feasibility of your plan I leave that to others..the above just 'jog'd' my memory of this coming up in chat with some folk

on the release of this wall mounted battery device by tesla at least what you supposedly can get bang for your buck equivlent

good luck whichever

Agreed. In a house (which doesn't move around much) there is no better bang for the buck than either a T105 or L16 based bank.

That said I run 12-370's and 12-400's in my shed because I was too lazy to build a battery box to vent them properly. Don't be like me.
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:56:46 AM

tesla prices and products are like apple prices and products

where is that "soon" bitfurry miner?!?!?!
Akarabzie

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:32:40 PM

good luck whichever

Agreed. In a house (which doesn't move around much) there is no better bang for the buck than either a T105 or L16 based bank.

That said I run 12-370's and 12-400's in my shed because I was too lazy to build a battery box to vent them properly. Don't be like me.

I'm just going to leave this here....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk50IuWXg-c

$300 Tesla Powerwall for the DIY'er

☷☷☷☷☷☷☰☰☰☰ WAVESTHE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEEDWAVES ☰☰☰☰☷☷☷☷☷☷
DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGEBTC & FIAT GATEWAYSCOMMUNITY ASSETSICOs/LPOS
▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬JOIN WAVES COMMUNITY PORTAL▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:44:21 PM

I'm just going to leave this here....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk50IuWXg-c

i have a problem with that fella and his "power wall" there is no over/under charge protection to any of them 18650 cells
fuse wire is OK for killing off shorts, but its no charge protection, now, all them cells packed in that small place, i can see a chain reaction happening when one goes off, he didn't want his house did he?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:04:50 PM

i have a problem with that fella and his "power wall" there is no over/under charge protection to any of them 18650 cells
fuse wire is OK for killing off shorts, but its no charge protection, now, all them cells packed in that small place, i can see a chain reaction happening when one goes off, he didn't want his house did he?
Sounds like the DreamLiner battery fires waiting to happen at home...
Using salvaged Li cells from eBay?  Roll Eyes oh good god... unknown (real) makers and true ratings vs as-marked along with unknown lifetime left in them...  All makes for a safety and charging nightmare!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:08:43 AM

Using salvaged Li cells from eBay?  Roll Eyes oh good god... unknown (real) makers and true ratings vs as-marked along with unknown lifetime left in them...  All makes for a safety and charging nightmare!
And since lithium fires bring their own oxygen to the party it will be.... funny.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 12:16:01 AM

And since lithium fires bring their own oxygen to the party it will be.... funny.

Ever added water to lithium? When the fire department goes to put that fucker out the reaction will be something of awe!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: