Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AntMiner S5 won't even show ASIC status. WTF?  (Read 529 times)
shiftyourparadigm (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:39:44 AM

So, like a lot of you using used equipment to start your own opps, I bought an S5 off ebay. It connects to the router and to the pool, except it isn't mining. Upon closer examination, the ASIC Status section (oooo oooo, XXXX XXXX or ---- ----) doesn't show me any information about the ASIC. What's going on here? I already tried a hard reboot and securing all wire connections. Also, I'm using a Corsair 750M PSU. Thank you, mining community!

http://imgur.com/FQ8rXmF
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:46:26 AM

So, like a lot of you using used equipment to start your own opps, I bought an S5 off ebay. It connects to the router and to the pool, except it isn't mining. Upon closer examination, the ASIC Status section (oooo oooo, XXXX XXXX or ---- ----) doesn't show me any information about the ASIC. What's going on here? I already tried a hard reboot and securing all wire connections. Also, I'm using a Corsair 750M PSU. Thank you, mining community!

http://imgur.com/FQ8rXmF

Look likes your daughter board is faulty.

Make sure all the cable are correctly connected but you don't see both blade. I had a broken daughter board and I had the same behavior ... not sure it is your case tho.

Have a look at the U5 chip (there is another one under the Beagle bone) Make sure they are not burned or see any hole in it.

I had to replace mine to fix it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: