Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cash USD to bitcoins, best option now?  (Read 951 times)
vokain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 03:56:51 PM

Bitcoins Direct no longer does it, and neither does Bitfloor. What can I do for less than 1% other than localbitcoins dwolla/mtgox? I'm sure a lot of other people want to know the same thing. Cashier's check?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:36:40 PM

join and learn #bitcoin-otc, lots of people there will do btc for CIM or deposit in their bank accounts....

notthepuma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:40:05 PM

I do it.  Check the link in my signature.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 05:54:43 PM

Bitcoins Direct no longer does it,

This is not a correct statement.   I already got 3 emails from people asking why we discontinued cash deposits.  It took a minute to figure out how/why they got this idea.   We haven't stopped cash deposits, and we aren't stopping cash deposits.

The launch of our site has been delayed because our primary developer (D&T) has been sick most of this week.   During the transition to keep resources focused on the new site we are not accepting requests from new clients.  Existing clients can continue to submit PO requests as before.

Although this may be frustrating to new clients please understand that getting new clients on board (setup in with GPG properly exchanging keys, sending out funding instructions, answering questions, troubleshooting new client issues, educating clients, etc) tends to be time intensive.  Since that procedure will go away completely in a few days it doesn't make sense to devote critical resources to getting new clients "up to speed" before the launch of our new site.

TL/DR version:
Bitcoins Direct still sells bitcoins via cash deposits.
Existing clients can still purchase bitcoins using GPG signed PO method.
Potential new clients will be able to purchase bitcoins once our new site goes live.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:34:36 PM

If you mail me cash I will do it for you.
notthepuma

Activity: 168

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 09:27:29 PM

Bitcoins Direct no longer does it,

This is not a correct statement.   I already got 3 emails from people asking why we discontinued cash deposits.  It took a minute to figure out how/why they got this idea.   We haven't stopped cash deposits, and we aren't stopping cash deposits.

The launch of our site has been delayed because our primary developer (D&T) has been sick most of this week.   During the transition to keep resources focused on the new site we are not accepting requests from new clients.  Existing clients can continue to submit PO requests as before.

Although this may be frustrating to new clients please understand that getting new clients on board (setup in with GPG properly exchanging keys, sending out funding instructions, answering questions, troubleshooting new client issues, educating clients, etc) tends to be time intensive.  Since that procedure will go away completely in a few days it doesn't make sense to devote critical resources to getting new clients "up to speed" before the launch of our new site.

TL/DR version:
Bitcoins Direct still sells bitcoins via cash deposits.
Existing clients can still purchase bitcoins using GPG signed PO method.
Potential new clients will be able to purchase bitcoins once our new site goes live.

Or if you want to do this without the hassle of all this stuff required to do it there, check out the link in my signature =)

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Thursday

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 02:20:46 AM

The link in your signature is pretty sparse that can either be a good or bad thing.  Do you have your own thread with references of successful transactions?

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:29:21 AM

How much coin your looking for?
vokain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 06:31:57 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 07:21:22 AM by vokain

It wouldn't be for another couple weeks after christmas but anywhere from $1000-10000 worth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: