Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Bitcoin wallet you recommended?
Xapo - 4 (80%)
Bitwallet - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet  (Read 1365 times)
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:10:57 PM

i dont vote anything,not that two,just because i dont know which is better,i just know xapo is not good enough for me,and i will suggest you some better wallet :
- coinbase
- blockchain
- trezor
so,if you think you gonna be join on bitcoin world,dont too focus with wallet,but try to get some bitcoin first.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:48:45 AM

I would add third option on vote as hardware. I really think it's the way of the future.

Slowly I see hardware taking over paper.  I still have some paper in safety deposit box.  But hardware is really nice to be able to actually use it safely.  I went from very big paper supporter, to a pretty big hardware wallet supporter.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:30:36 AM

if you want to use online wallet i won't suggest for both and i think blockchain wallet more better than Xapo wallet but if you want to save your huge amount of bitcoin i think hardware wallet is the best option
BruceLee007

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:58:02 PM

i remember that i used blockchaininfo wallet the first time i started to use bitcoins now i use multibit though its still nothing too much complicated just another newbie wallet thats why i recommend one of those wallets i believe they are the best
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:42:42 PM

Xapo is good and you can use online or mobile application. It will serve your needs and help you to start with Bitcoin.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:08:40 AM

You can use the exchange services online like Coinbase and Xapo sites, they are offering wallets services online and it's not bad. Otherwise you can use the blockchain wallet also
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:16:40 AM

I m Newbie. Can anyone help me? Smiley

my suggestion is browse for the possible answers in older threads first before opening new one, this kind of question is already answered a THOUSAND times already and thats the first thing you should know
BTT

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:20:04 AM

I've used Xapo before without any problems so, I'd say Xapo.

I'm probably biased though xD

Sturgeon

Activity: 392

ドラゴンスピ

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:30:41 AM

now it's timing to simple wallet and we can use anywhere with my mobile device
i suggest you this wallet Smiley

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=piuk.blockchain.android

"The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters"  Jean-Paul Kauffmann
"The risk / reward ratio is nuts. Playing with altcoins is like picking up pennies on the highway"  BlindMayorBitcorn

lolgato

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:37:56 AM

In my opinion I don't use either I don't like either of them I personally use my android wallet.But it sadly can't sign messages
subcypher

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 01:24:17 AM

I usually recommend that new users get started by using one of the more popular web wallet broker services like Coinbase or Circle. Once someone is used to buying Bitcoin and moving it around some I recommend they look into better solutions like a mobile wallet and a hardware wallet for long term storage. I have nothing against Coinbase or Circle and I used them both to this day. But if you store your money in a service you're trusting that service to let you have them back. I discuss all this in the tutorials on my website. If you're still confused give them a look.

Founder: Incorporating Bitcoin. Bitrated user: subcypher.
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:31:13 AM

Blockchain should be good i think. espcially for newbie about bitcoin, blockchain is a online simple wallet that only need code and password. no need verification like xapo.
BestBitcoinOdds

Activity: 152
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 04:27:16 AM

No, that's a terrible idea.   Starting newbies off with a web wallet is simply teaching bad practice.   Get bitcoin core, electrum, or armory.   Blockchain.info is great for somethings, but is generally considered an awful idea for storing funds there.   Download bitcoin core, electrum or armory.   Or buy a trezor.   Those are the safest ways to go assuming your pc is secure.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 07:31:05 AM

No, that's a terrible idea.   Starting newbies off with a web wallet is simply teaching bad practice.   Get bitcoin core, electrum, or armory.   Blockchain.info is great for somethings, but is generally considered an awful idea for storing funds there.   Download bitcoin core, electrum or armory.   Or buy a trezor.   Those are the safest ways to go assuming your pc is secure.

I just finished part 2 of my TREZOR hands on dealing with android mobile usage - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1298917.msg13321397#msg13321397 .

Hardware wallets really do some nice things for security.  I think eventually most will use them for holding coins.  I do think paper will always exist for those cold storage you never touch, and hot wallet for little daily spending.   But I think its somewhere in between those two where hardware wallets really shine.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:40:21 AM

For a new user in bitcoin, I'll suggest electrum.
It's really easy to use and install, Beginner Friendly wallet is best wallet Grin
If you got money, you could also get hardware wallet, but it's expensive. But hey, it's save.
busybee7

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:34:01 PM

i would not recommend any of the given to choose i would pick blockchain.info instead
bikoBoy

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:16:21 PM

Electrum, Multibit are decent PC wallets, blockchain.info is a decent online wallet IMO.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:48:50 PM

if you are a newbie i think i could highly recommend you a multibit wallet, its a desktop wallet and its very easy to use for new to bitcoin people, also you can try blockchain.info
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: