Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If people in third world countires all have Facebook ,  (Read 1016 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:22:20 PM

Because most of them dont know what crypto is, it pains me to see people only use the internet for social media only when it has so much more possibilities

It has all to do with the companies there that are having too much power and are charging high fees for their services. They don't want these people to know Bitcoin. If these people would all switch to Bitcoin, then these companies will suffer massively. They don't care about the people. They only care about profit.
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 05:24:55 PM

I think it's because of the things that they need to even own a wallet is not directly available to them. You're going to need internet to set up a wallet or even download one to have it offline. To make money, everything revolves around internet.

Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:34:16 PM

yes and guiding them to cheaper but strong altcoins
Buying bitcoin in a 3rd world currently would be quite difficult i would think due to the price, Which is only going to get higher. Btc is pretty expensive in 1st world countries never mind 3rd world.
Why is everyone talking about the price? There isn't any country in the whole world where the poorest guy wouldn't be able to afford buying some satoshis.
And if they buy cheaper alternate cryptos it's the same. If they want security they'll buy litecoins, and let's say that for said amount in local fiat they'd get 0.01 BTC, that sure doesn't sound like much because of the zeros, whereas in litcoins, 1 LTC sound much better, but in the end, it's the same amount of money. Just LTC is (roughly) a 100 times cheaper, so if you buy LTC you'll have the feeling that you're holding more money, but that feeling is wrong. It's actually the same amount of money. (And well, if they don't mind security then the prospect of getting rich with low starting funds is higher but the risk is higher as well).
At any rate can you or can you not afford to invest in something has literally nothing to do with the price of what you're investing in. Only the market, prospects, and degree of risk matter. The price doesn't.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:14:19 PM

why dont they have acess to their own Crypto Bank/Wallet

They don't have access to the internet. Only some apps like Facebook, if they have access at all.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:22:25 PM

There is no risk with Facebook. You don't have to learn anything. You just plug in and start posting duck pouts.

BTC is a matter of awareness and education wherever you go in the world. There's also the issue of how you obtain it in the first place. If you don't have a pot to piss in or any kind of banking then it's not going to be very high on your list of priorities.

Third world shitholes aren't going to be anywhere near as fertile as developing countries that are hungry to better themselves.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 09:31:58 PM

They should have indeed. For some countries, the low earnings obtained through faucets may even be meaningful at their life costs.

MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:33:04 PM

Because they haven't heard the concept of Cryptocurrencies yet. If they did, everyone in Africa or elsewhere would be using BTC because how convenient and efficient the system is.

Facebook on the other hand is pretty well known, even in 3rd world countries.
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:36:57 PM

I'm from a third world country I have Facebook rarely use it and I'm using bitcoins and buying it no problems with me.
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:46:03 PM

Because they haven't heard the concept of Cryptocurrencies yet. If they did, everyone in Africa or elsewhere would be using BTC because how convenient and efficient the system is.

Facebook on the other hand is pretty well known, even in 3rd world countries.

Are they not using some sort of cellphone banking in Africa (there was some projects even made possible by Bill Gates regarding that ) ?

The people in third world countries have barely enough money to buy groceries and for basic needs, so there's little chance of seing them
utilizing blockchain tech, or bitcoin for that matter. Don't see the point in targeting that sort of clients/users .
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:51:01 PM

If these people (average persons) manage their Bitcoin wallets like they do their profiles they will be out of BTC in a week. Wallets, long address, decimals, qr codes, authorization keys and no refunds is not something for non tech savvy people to mess with.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:53:49 PM

They should have indeed. For some countries, the low earnings obtained through faucets may even be meaningful at their life costs.

of course. what we consider to be not worthy time wasting faucet payouts, are a good extra income for people from third world countries. for these people farming faucets is a more than good time investment.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:54:05 PM

They don't have access to the internet. Only some apps like Facebook, if they have access at all.

Eh? Internet good enough for Facebook is Internet good enough for getting a wallet. Using Facebook would use up a lot of data, so it's not like getting a wallet requires a better internet connection than it.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:54:28 PM

If these people (average persons) manage their Bitcoin wallets like they do their profiles they will be out of BTC in a week. Wallets, long address, decimals, qr codes, authorization keys and no refunds is not something for non tech savvy people to mess with.

It can also help to educate them about cyber security. Just remember how you where when you just started on the internet and with your first social media profile.. Atleast for me, it wouldn't have been hard to guess my passwords back then.. Luckily I learned to be more secure without losing anything of value or something.

Also, when I look around, nobody seems to care even the slightest about security. Passwords of 99% of people I know could probably easily be cracked with some info about them. It is not limited to third world countries.
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:02:16 PM

Eh? Internet good enough for Facebook is Internet good enough for getting a wallet. Using Facebook would use up a lot of data, so it's not like getting a wallet requires a better internet connection than it.

I think he was referring to the 0.facebook version of it, which doesn't charge the consumption of data transferred, and doesn't even show images or videos, just text.
If people in these countries don't have fixes internet connection, or even enough money to pay for basics, i honestly doubt they can or would pay for mobile data packets.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: