Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:56:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Ingots Made to Order  (Read 800 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 08:31:29 AM

Due to recent events, I'll be making only 92.5% ingots. I'm just doing it this way because the possibility of someone claiming different purity levels is impossible. Not to mention, pure silver shot is expensive. I melt scrap sterling silver (not coins). In case some silver gets lost in the process (not entirely sure how it would, I pour as soon as silver is molten), I add a good amount of silver shot (.99 silver) to each mold. And even though I don't do coins, I suppose I could if you wanted. Just be aware that they would be of 90% purity (but I'd add shot to these too).
I have a three 925 bars I made today. Unfortunately I didn't think until the third one to film the process. I did though, from start to finish. From showing you the Hallmarks on each of the scrap pieces to sanding, tumbling and polishing. I'm trying to find a site to host it at because YouTube's maximum video time is 15 mins, and mine is more than a half hour. I could do multiple videos but I prefer not to. Anyways, I'm sure I'll find a video hosting site that I can use very soon. On principle, I won't sell any silver until I have that video up.
You may know what recent event I'm talking about (not mentioning it though because I'm over it), but I want it to be known that I conduct only real, honest business with everyone on here. The issue at hand-I was being honest (I thought), and anyhow it is alright with the customer because I sent along additional silver as an insurance policy-enough to cover total silver content exchanged even if my ingots were of sub-92.5% quality.
But like I said-I REALLY want to be done with that. I've done business with a lot of good people on this site and I hope to be able to continue to do so. If you look at some of my other posts, every customer has been 100% satisfied. I can't tell you how much I like this site and how impressed I am buy it. Buyers/sellers have countless ways to scam-but they don't. Thats free-market at its finest and I respect that dearly, and am happy to be a part of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: