Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Get Paid In Bitcoin (www.getpaidinbitcoin.com.au)  (Read 7133 times)
doof (OP)

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:33:21 PM
Merited by Timelord2067 (1)

Im am excited to announce Get Paid In Bitcoin for Australian residents.  Users can allocate part of their wages to be paid to be paid in bitcoin!  We hope this service will assist users becoming unbanked, and help users break the dependancy on banks.

Who are we?
Get Paid in Bitcoin is an Australian Company, ACN 167 096 415 ABN 24 167 096 415 http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?SearchText=167+096+415

Both Adam and I have been involved in bitcoin for a number of years, and are both board members of the Bitcoin Association of Australia

You can email us at info@getpaidinbitcoin.com.au or bit message at BM-2cSuP6umWqxjLN7CBYK2qT8FvQhfqmyNVK.  All other contact info can be found on the home page.  PGP encrypted mail coming soon.  Public keys will be published in the contact section of the home page.

You can also speak to me in person at the Brisbane meetup, www.meetup.com/bitcoinbrisbane

Like anyone in this space, we encourage you to do your due diligence first.  We are happy to answer any emails, phone calls or chats in person, and won't be offended if you start using our service with a small amount of $AUD.

What we do
Put simply, we take part of your fiat wage purchase and transfer the equivalent about of bitcoin to your nominated addresses.  This can be split to a number of address, so that you can send to cold storage, a "day to day" wallet, or a card like CoinJars swipe card for easy spending.

Fees and rates
A flat fee of $1AUD for each deposit is charged.  There is a 10% discount for Bitcoin Association of Australia Members
.  We are also developing promotions and refer a friend incentives to reduce this fee. 

All rates are shown on the home page, and updated every 60seconds.  On the dashboard page you can also check the purchase rate.

Q&A
Happy to answer any questions and take feedback here.

Updates
This thread will be used for support queries and to announce new features.  Details on our sprints, releases and feature roadmap can be found at www.getpaidinbitcoin.com/home/news

The next feature we are developing is paying out to HD wallets for extra privacy.  This will be announced via the news page and here once completed.

[Update Sprint 4]
We did not consume as many story points as we would have liked this sprint. Most of the development effort was around finalising the branding, and making the dashboard as intuitive as possible. New drop down menus and modals have been added to try and achieve this goal. Other minor bugs where fixed, including some jQuery issues stoping the site rendering correctly on mobile devices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:09:44 PM

Well, may be try also offer something more to Australian residents, for example BTC online wallet, then you will have more customers  Wink
strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:49:03 AM

Well, may be try also offer something more to Australian residents, for example BTC online wallet, then you will have more customers

I wouldnt store 10% of my wages in a wallet on their site... I imagine if they offered that service, people would assume it was a scam then.  We Aussies are a trusty bunch  Wink

Does your employer paying a % in bitcoin have any tax implications?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 05:33:39 AM

Well, may be try also offer something more to Australian residents, for example BTC online wallet, then you will have more customers  Wink

We don't want to be another online wallet, but thanks for the feedback.
doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 05:34:57 AM

Well, may be try also offer something more to Australian residents, for example BTC online wallet, then you will have more customers

I wouldnt store 10% of my wages in a wallet on their site... I imagine if they offered that service, people would assume it was a scam then.  We Aussies are a trusty bunch  Wink

Does your employer paying a % in bitcoin have any tax implications?

No.  PAYG is taken out by the employer anyway.  PM me for my ato.gov.au email if you have any tax questions.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:58:05 PM

Great to see a useful service which can bring people who can be an employee use bitcoin.

Your company is listed and have regulations from Australia government?
strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:49:38 AM

Yeah they said above, that they had advice from the tax department.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:21:51 AM

Great to see a useful service which can bring people who can be an employee use bitcoin.

Your company is listed and have regulations from Australia government?
Yes, we have some accountants and lawyers helping us.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 10:20:16 PM

Hi doof,

I have been thinking about doing this for a few months now and would like to give it a go.
You have done a lot of great work for the Australian bitcoin community so with you behind this company it give me a good feeling of trust.

How would this benefit me more than just say buying my coins each fortnight through Coinjar, better savings? less hassle?

Could you please PM me ato.gov.au email?

doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:03:50 AM

Hi doof,

I have been thinking about doing this for a few months now and would like to give it a go.
You have done a lot of great work for the Australian bitcoin community so with you behind this company it give me a good feeling of trust.

How would this benefit me more than just say buying my coins each fortnight through Coinjar, better savings? less hassle?

Thanks for the kinds words.  Yes, less hassle is the USP.
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 07:38:49 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 08:24:51 AM by bitkilo

Hi doof,

Thanks for the kinds words.  Yes, less hassle is the USP.
Less hassle is always good and after reading your website a little more this looks very easy.

I would like to start off with something smallish  like maybe 20% of my pay converted to bitcoins.
I see you charge a flat rate of $1 per deposit, is there any other fees at all? if not this would work out much cheaper and faster than Coinjar.
By my understanding the split of your paycheck is done on the banks end, any problems with frozen bank accounts in the past?

Im guessing once the fiat is availble in my bank then it would only take a few minutes for the transaction to be broadcasted to the network and would then be sent in btc to my wallet to await confirmation

Buying through Coinjar is only a 1% fee but that can add up and also can take between 3-5 days for the cash to clear so you can then buy coins, the price can rise a bit in those days and it makes it a long wait.

Does your company have any type of insurance in the event of a hack or error on the company side?

creepland

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:35:53 AM

Website not working for me..

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 10:18:56 AM

doof advised me that they have been having some trouble. I sent him a screenshot of the error page i was getting from trying to log on with desktop.
I tried again later and it worked using my android phone.

If you still have trouble just email them and they will get back to you.

One more question i have for doof is now that i have signed up it this instant so if i was to get paid in a few days it would send me the pre arranged bitcoin % of my paycheck?

doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 11:03:33 PM

Thanks for the update, was it when you tried to register? 

I did a few more tests yesterday and it seemed fine for me.
doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 11:11:50 PM

I would like to start off with something smallish  like maybe 20% of my pay converted to bitcoins.
By my understanding the split of your paycheck is done on the banks end, any problems with frozen bank accounts in the past?

Starting off small with any 3rd party is always advised.   We haven't had any issues thus far with banking.  Adam works with the banks on those relationships.  He will answer any email on info@getpaidinbitcoin.com.au

I see you charge a flat rate of $1 per deposit, is there any other fees at all?

No other fees, and we publish our rates on the front page and also in your dashboard where you can peer review.  That is the plan.

if not this would work out much cheaper and faster than Coinjar.

Thats the plan.

Does your company have any type of insurance in the event of a hack or error on the company side?

We store most coins in a multisig wallet.  A manual process to our servers hot wallet is done when required, then paid to the client instantly.  As we do not hold coins on your behalf, our exposure to theft is small.

We also only store information that is required, such as in the registration form and that is encrypted.

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:48:44 AM

Starting off small with any 3rd party is always advised.   We haven't had any issues thus far with banking.  Adam works with the banks on those relationships.  He will answer any email on info@getpaidinbitcoin.com.au

I see you charge a flat rate of $1 per deposit, is there any other fees at all?

No other fees, and we publish our rates on the front page and also in your dashboard where you can peer review.  That is the plan.

if not this would work out much cheaper and faster than Coinjar.

Thats the plan.

We store most coins in a multisig wallet.  A manual process to our servers hot wallet is done when required, then paid to the client instantly.  As we do not hold coins on your behalf, our exposure to theft is small.

We also only store information that is required, such as in the registration form and that is encrypted.

Great thanks!
I have now signed up and will work out what percentage of my pay to convert tonight, hopefully by my next paycheck i will be getting bitcoins and fiat.

I will keep you all updated.

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 10:38:48 AM

Looking at FAQ on your site and it says max deposit of $200.
If i wanted to convert $600 would that mean 3x $1 fee?

wishxy

Activity: 474
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 01:49:35 PM

Site is not accessable. http://prntscr.com/a5peyi
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:31:02 PM

Amazing idea! Keep it up!!
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:46:40 AM

I hope someday you can also be open to our country, big help to those who live from au., nice sharing from you mate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: