Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:02:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 128
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281166 times)
Bitcoinxchanger (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:57:54 PM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armour

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

account bought by tarsua for testing

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:00:08 PM

I like to use both.
PayPal because it's easier to convert to cash, btc because it won't limit you for having money.

adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:11:07 PM

Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

Hmm.. It depends. We all know about the chargeback thing on paypal was a tool used by scammers so people should be careful accepting payments via paypal but there are still some excemptions just like with reputable members of this forum(mostly those who got dark green trusts on their profile), you can accept paypal payments from them with no worries.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:29:08 PM

Yes Paypal is crappy , Paypal will sooner or later ask you to provide information's to confirm your identity if you receive big amounts of cash or from suspicious accounts , and they can limit your account and you lose your money even if you did nothing .
Bitcoin don't need ID,Passport , don't need a specific age , can't get limited and you can receive how much you want and also you won't get your balance chargebacked by the sender , fees are much lower and much more ...  Bottom line ? Bitcoin > Paypal .

Now if you are selling your BTC for Paypal , you may want to be caution because you can get scammed so make sure to trade with someone trusted and note that using a Middleman won't really change anything because the other party can still chargeback so it's not really recommended to accept payments on Paypal .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:25:00 AM

paypal is ok if your using it for ebay cause i suppose it gives you protection from both sides (or is supposed to) bitcoin being non
reversable can also be a bad thing if your getting scammed.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:51:13 AM

bitcoin is better, i just use paypal where i can not use bitcoin yet, and the site look shady maybe or not well known, this is for buying stuff online
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:18:25 AM

paypal is ok if your using it for ebay cause i suppose it gives you protection from both sides (or is supposed to) bitcoin being non
reversable can also be a bad thing if your getting scammed.

I don’t worry about scamming. I know to protect myself from scam. I would wish to go with bitcoin only. First bitcoin price and paypal’s fiat price is have large difference. Bitcoin doesn’t have big transaction fee like paypal.So I ll go with bitcoin only.
happybitcoinph

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Paypal is hassle to others because of security measures it's giving to their users and its just fine.

Bitcoin is easy to use because no security measures are given here.

Therefore, both are useful depends on the person's need.

Like here in my location, withdrawing cash is easy with bitcoin here so I will choose bitcoin. I don't have bank account that's why I can't use Paypal for withdrawing cash.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:58:40 PM

Bitcoins are much times better than PayPal, you don't have any fear of any authorities limiting your account for any reasons, that doesn't mean the protocol agrees with money-laundering cases...

Still, even people at PayPal are involved in such cases, so mentioning Bitcoins won't be justice to it...

Kolbas

Activity: 342

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:01:18 PM

yes, its true paypal is not safe for sellers, bitcoin is much better compared to paypal
no big fees, no payment reversal no document verification needed or you never face any problem that you face with paypal like account limitation,fund hold,documents etc.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:16:09 PM

I like both of them but as a seller I wouldn't use PayPal as payment option. As a seller you are not protected by paypal.
If a buyer runs into a problem they are guaranteed to get their money back, unlike the seller, they won't receive their product or whatever they sell back.

mescalito

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:40:25 PM

BTC is better from sellers POV, the advantage for buyers is in that they are free to buy whatever and wherever they want. I think it's a bit problematic buying cocaine or nuclear submarines with PP Cheesy
The only disadvantage is nobody from common people is using BTC yet, but it'll start changing soon.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:51:57 PM

Bitcoin is way better then paypal. Not just because so many benefits but also because of the cost which is the main point when it comes to money.
People always look at the price, even when comparing creditcards.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:16:09 PM

PayPal is great for buyers with bad intentions. Beside that, using PayPal is like you are extorting yourself by paying high fees. It just doesn't make sense. Bitcoin is better in every aspect. With Bitcoin you as seller are also protected. No one can charge back on you.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:03:11 PM

Bitcoin is the new Paypal.

And with new innovations come more & better features:
- Tracing your coins in the blockchain
- Pay less fee (up to 99% on large transactions)
- Be anonymous, stay anonymous
- Own your money like a boss, no more paypal withdrawal limits
- More to come, stay tuned!

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:22:30 PM

Bitcoin with it's low cost outperforms paypal in every possible way.
At the moment paypal has the benefit of having so many merchants but mark my words... in a few years this will be very different.
Estimated

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:37:51 PM

If you want charge back, paypal is better. As it protect you if you are scammed. But the fee of paypal is too high.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:51:15 PM

Bitcoin is way better then paypal. Not just because so many benefits but also because of the cost which is the main point when it comes to money.
People always look at the price, even when comparing creditcards.

Yeah If we take paypal or redeem whatever their fees and charges too heavy when compared to Bitcoin. 3% of fees only when compare that fees. Bitcoin is very fast than bitcoin transaction Except confirmation time. So I would I always go with bitcoins only.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 02:05:33 AM

100% bitcoin is much better than paypal,

In paypal you have to disclose all you identitys and you have to give your identity proofs , in paypal transaction reverse is very famous to scam. and i personally saw paypal and the procedure of it is very bad. and their charges also heavy.

In bitcoin you dont have to disclose your identitys , you can just create a hardware or online web wallet and give your wallet address where ever you want to receive or pay the bitcoins. the transaction charges are also less. and more it is irreversible, and about converting to fiat currency their are so many exchanges where you can convert it one is like localbitcoins.com which is having so many user who are ready to buy or sell and do transaction through bank transfer.
sadyas

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:31:24 PM

100% bitcoin is much better than paypal,

In paypal you have to disclose all you identitys and you have to give your identity proofs , in paypal transaction reverse is very famous to scam. and i personally saw paypal and the procedure of it is very bad. and their charges also heavy.

In bitcoin you dont have to disclose your identitys , you can just create a hardware or online web wallet and give your wallet address where ever you want to receive or pay the bitcoins. the transaction charges are also less. and more it is irreversible, and about converting to fiat currency their are so many exchanges where you can convert it one is like localbitcoins.com which is having so many user who are ready to buy or sell and do transaction through bank transfer.

But you have more protection using Paypal. You can reverse a payment if you are scammed by somebody else.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 128
  Print  

Jump to: