Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 06:30:08 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 bitcoin doesn't seem to try mining  (Read 2340 times)
mikerz

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:24:38 PM

Hi all,

I previously got bitcoin working on a mac computer along with GPU mining, but when I try the same on windows I can't even get a preliminary "khash/s" in the bitcoin program nor do I see a button or dropdown option for starting to mine.

If I set my bitcoin.conf to autogenerate, then I see a "Generating" status, but nothing happens even if left overnight.

Any thoughts?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin-Qt, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
mikerz

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:43:25 PM

Ah thanks, that explains it;

I was under the impression that if I run the bitcoin client, then it provides a server for a GPU miner to connect to?

I'm using GUIMiner and it's giving me constant "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC"

Do I need to install some library/other software on my pc that macs usually come with?
digdugg67

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:44:11 PM

Mikerz,  you might also want to look at right clicking on the short cut and select 'run as administrator' that usually works with the bitcoinclient software on Win7

tips accepted :: 1FY6Nm4P7KZfFBCbcsEsZXe89jzNvgqi7K
Sign up with http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R1450 use referral code TH-R1450 to get 10% off the trade commissions/fees
mikerz

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:24:15 PM

Well, thanks for the suggestions I'll try out running everything with full access as well as a different gpu miner.

According to the calculator, it should still be profitable for me considering i'll have .5-1 GHash/s at my disposal with multiple machines

How are the average yields in pools? I've avoided them because it seems like I would be putting in the same amount of processing for a potentially much lower yield.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.