Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with mining with new home server  (Read 684 times)
SolomonAugust (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:42:14 PM

I have what you might call a "little server" in my home "basement." I changed my fiber for this one patch cords and since them my mining has been restrict, I do not know if the change of the patch cord could be related.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:10:02 AM

I have what you might call a "little server" in my home "basement." I changed my fiber for this one patch cords and since them my mining has been restrict, I do not know if the change of the patch cord could be related.

Can you tell us more about server?  Why you changed it?   Most here are using cat5 or something like it and you have fiber... so could be fewer to help on this one here.

With just knowing you changed a cable and it became restrict, does not tell a lot.  And by restrict is is it not working at all or what is it doing?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:12:48 AM

Why are you using fibre in the first place?
 It's INSANELY overkill for a "home server" of any sort.

Also, NO miner uses a fiber-optic link, they're ALL Ethernet over twisted-pair except for 1 or 2 that had a WiFi option, or they run via a USB port.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:29:41 AM

To figure out if the cable is right, you need to know what GBIC's/what type of fiber transceiver you got.
Is it singlemode or multimode? Was the old cable yellow? You also gotta watch the nm. (850 nm / 1310 nm)
I'm guessing you got it right if you get a signal at all. Did you by any chance touch the tip of any of the fiber-tips with your hand? If yes, you could be experiencing packet loss.
Do you get packet loss if you ping 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4?

I'm just throwing stuff out there, I don't really understand your question. Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:32:42 AM

To figure out if the cable is right, you need to know what GBIC's/what type of fiber transceiver you got.
Is it singlemode or multimode? Was the old cable yellow?
I'm guessing you got it right if you get a signal at all. Did you by any chance touch the tip of any of the fiber-tips with your hand? If yes, you could be experiencing packet loss.

I'm just throwing stuff out there, I don't really understand your question. Wink

We just don't know is the problem. Question is its not working what should he do.    So question is clear, but so many varibles we cannot give any good speculation on why.

And as Leo mentioned fiber is overkill on most miners operations.   So not a lot of questions about it on here.  OP would have a easier life just using a standard network with CAT5 or something, his miners would never suffer from not having fiber.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:58:36 AM

Fitst I would try changing back to how things were and see if that fixes things?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
SolomonAugust (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:07:55 PM

Is it singlemode or multimode? Was the old cable yellow?

We just don't know is the problem. Question is its not working what should he do.    So question is clear, but so many varibles we cannot give any good speculation on why.

And as Leo mentioned fiber is overkill on most miners operations.   So not a lot of questions about it on here.  OP would have a easier life just using a standard network with CAT5 or something, his miners would never suffer from not having fiber.

I think you're right I changed back to Cat6 and works again. Fiber is an overkill, indeed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: