Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New spamming bot(different post style, and yeah had to make this thread)  (Read 879 times)
mexxer-2 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:58:03 PM

I notice there is either a new spam bot or it is one of MrFudged ones,the previous threads, as they were similar in post content , title etc, were kept on being deleted in less than a minute. Now either he or some more intent spammer seems to create threads like:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1275920.0;topicseen
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1275915.0;topicseen
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1275916.0;topicseen (Please keep one of them, mods, for public viewing purposes)

These threads essentially have no similarity in them so that the nuking bot may take effect, so I'd like to ask what are the mods doing to solve this wave of spam?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 08:01:37 PM

I don't see why you had to make another thread about it really. I've noticed the first two that had appeared today and have figured out the pattern (at that time). The title seems to be random words, but the content is always a random celebrity name. I've nuked all 3 links (no need to keep one of them, make a screenshot or something if you want to show it to others). It also seems like all of the posts so far are in the same section (Mining).

These threads essentially have no similarity in them so that the nuking bot may take effect, so I'd like to ask what are the mods doing to solve this wave of spam?
These bots are useless and don't cause any harm, just slightly annoying (compared to the bots that we've had to deal with before; slightly because small thread with nonsense and 99% of the members will just ignore/report instantly). We're manually deleting as they come. These is always someone online, and often there are a handful of patrollers online that can easily deal with this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mexxer-2 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:13:12 PM

I don't see why you had to make another thread about it really.
I believe this concerns the forum and although the last wave of spam was easily dealt with as the bot could be programmed with the similarity between the begging threads, I don't see how a manual(human detectable) pattern might be recognizable by a bot(feel free to prove me wrong if its possible, not that advanced in programming).
The title seems to be random words, but the content is always a random celebrity name.
Yeah noticed so as well.
We're manually deleting as they come. These is always someone online, and often there are a handful of patrollers online that can easily deal with this.
Yeah though I don't believe anyone is refreshing the "Show unread posts since last visit. " as fast as me  Tongue

Will report them myself too if its ok.

The bot "manager" can, IIRC , change the board the thread should be posted on to completely random
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

I believe this concerns the forum and although the last wave of spam was easily dealt with as the bot could be programmed with the similarity between the begging threads, I don't see how a manual(human detectable) pattern might be recognizable by a bot(feel free to prove me wrong if its possible, not that advanced in programming).
Well it does concern the forum you're right, however it isn't worth of much attention (unless it starts flooding the forum which I doubt). The only possibilities would to make a learning algorithm but it would be near impossible to make it flawless (we would a pure AI in order for such). This is not recognizable by bots of today's technology.

Yeah though I don't believe anyone is refreshing the "Show unread posts since last visit. " as fast as me  Tongue

Will report them myself too if its ok.
I doubt that I've opened that page more than 10 times in my life, so you're probably right. I'm watching the Patrol page and have set the mining section to auto refresh. Just keep reporting (free increase in good goods for people who like having a high accuracy) and we will handle them swiftly. There are quite a few patrollers so it should not be a problem.

The bot "manager" can, IIRC , change the board the thread should be posted on to completely random
Yes, but it won't help him due to the Patrol page.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 09:10:02 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 01:51:03 AM by InvoKing

Topic: Numbliest Materfamiliases Retenes
Author: Noteworthiestrwgvoj Brand new
Today at 09:55:59 PM

Subject: Khloe Kardashian

The guy behind this should think twice about his pathetic life. I think this spam has more than an hour, i disconnected and went to eat then when I return this bot is still creating accounts and posting lol.
Maybe this is a stupid question from me but how many emails did he created for this? 60, 100? (i didn't check if i could create an account w/out an email), why don't implement a verification by email? (at least temporary)

Edit: this guy has no life for sure, i think he made around 200-300 accounts until now, took that pic then in less than 1 minute boom

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question from me but how many emails did he created for this? 60, 100? (i didn't check if i could create an account w/out an email), why don't implement a verification by email? (at least temporary)
There is no email verification so you can just use any random email addresses. This spam is pretty much pointless but is being dealt with pretty quickly for now.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
krumblez

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Chickens will rule the world one day.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 11:14:02 AM

There is no email verification so you can just use any random email addresses. This spam is pretty much pointless but is being dealt with pretty quickly for now.

Some people are just odd aren't they.

My tipjar: 19hyum5jc4QpX9zPaYELtEys4umaL4aKhF
────────The best high paying faucet websites for you to make free Bitcoins !────────
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:59:26 AM

Maybe they are testing to see the forum's response. Like a dry run for a terrorist.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:09:57 AM

Maybe they are testing to see the forum's response. Like a dry run for a terrorist.
I've theorized that quite some time ago; it is very possible. However, they won't get exact results. The moderators are really people who are active (from what I've seen so far) and enjoy (or at least aren't lazy/don't hate) moderating. It is vital not to give in to those. Once you give in once, you will be pushed by the same or other groups constantly int he same way.
We also have a 'ro'bot that only needs 2 hours of recharging.  Cheesy

Yes.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:07:18 AM

I've theorized that quite some time ago; it is very possible. However, they won't get exact results. The moderators are really people who are active (from what I've seen so far) and enjoy (or at least aren't lazy/don't hate) moderating. It is vital not to give in to those. Once you give in once, you will be pushed by the same or other groups constantly int he same way.
We also have a 'ro'bot that only needs 2 hours of recharging.  Cheesy

Yes.

But do you think it is possible that they continue to spam the site and ramp up their efforts so much that it will make it unenjoyably to the rest of us?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:51:11 AM

But do you think it is possible that they continue to spam the site and ramp up their efforts so much that it will make it unenjoyably to the rest of us?
No. There are various options to chose from in order to slow him down. It just is not needed at this moment.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:12:05 PM

It is annoying, and I try to help mexxer-2 report them since I am on here a lot more lately. I kind of wish there was still email verification required for new accounts which would curb some of it perhaps. I almost miss the post restrictions that newbies had when I first came here. :/

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:26:46 PM

It is annoying, and I try to help mexxer-2 report them since I am on here a lot more lately. I kind of wish there was still email verification required for new accounts which would curb some of it perhaps. I almost miss the post restrictions that newbies had when I first came here. :/

The amount of spam is something different, yes.

From 26.11.2015 to 22.12.2015 I wrote 1000 reports, I assume most if them just read "spam". Staff seems to handle them just fine though, only rarely I see a post older than 10-15 minutes.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: