Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2018, 08:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: whole home solar 4.37kW minning  (Read 501 times)
kc2jmn

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:02:08 AM

does any one have s5 or s7 miners running on there grid-tie solar system? Looking at installing a 4.37kW solar system on my new house looking for any input.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1380

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:59:15 AM

does any one have s5 or s7 miners running on there grid-tie solar system? Looking at installing a 4.37kW solar system on my new house looking for any input.

buysolar  has a solar business and he has solar running his home miners.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=95512  >>>>>>> his profile

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1145324.msg13116842#msg13116842 >>>>>> some info on this thread.

I know him well  (we live near each other)   mention this post if you contact him.

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1299

I don't merit Spambies

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 06:22:38 AM

I wondered this, but, as somebody here pointed out, in the UK it is better to sell the electricity to the grid, and buy the electricity back at a lower price. How long the gov. subsidy will last is anybody's guess though.

I'm starting to plan my Crypto Coin Tree speculation club

Send me a PM if you would be interested in taking part in the initial planning.
Atomicat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:24:22 AM

I wondered this, but, as somebody here pointed out, in the UK it is better to sell the electricity to the grid, and buy the electricity back at a lower price. How long the gov. subsidy will last is anybody's guess though.
I don't see how you can buy back electricity from the grid at a lower rate than what you sold them.
RichBC

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:13:12 AM

I don't see how you can buy back electricity from the grid at a lower rate than what you sold them.

You can't. The exact numbers have changed dependant on when you made your solar installation, and are being significantly reduced next Year. In the UK there at two Taffifs, a generation Tarrif where you are paid ~ 13p/KWh for generating solar electricity, this is paid whether you use this electricity yourself or not. Then a feed in Tarrif for any unused electricity at ~3p/KWh.

So if you are a Miner in the UK your best bet is not to send surplus electricity back to the grid at 3p, but to use it for mining.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1380

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 01:36:15 PM

You can't. The exact numbers have changed dependant on when you made your solar installation, and are being significantly reduced next Year. In the UK there at two Taffifs, a generation Tarrif where you are paid ~ 13p/KWh for generating solar electricity, this is paid whether you use this electricity yourself or not. Then a feed in Tarrif for any unused electricity at ~3p/KWh.

So if you are a Miner in the UK your best bet is not to send surplus electricity back to the grid at 3p, but to use it for mining.  Smiley

Rich

In New Jersey winter power is 13.3 cents if you sell back to the grid you get 4.4 cents.
So mining is better then selling back. Battery setups do not work well price is high and batteries die.
If you have a lot of solar power you can sell some back and mine 24/7 for free.

Let's say you have 60kwatt system.  Mine 24/7 with 30 kwatt sell back 30 kwatt . Power  bill is zero.

The panels last 25 years. They pay off in a few years and you have free power to mine.
 This is my understanding of it in my home state.

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.