Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudmining.website scam, might be starting to collapse. Poor signs. [Dec 2015]  (Read 2446 times)
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:33:19 PM

Wow, they are really collapsed. Look at their reason for no payouts this week from their twitter:

https://twitter.com/cloud_mining_

"Due to increased cost of support & maintenance, most of the miners have run into loss for last week. Hence payment has been halted today."

Forgot to mention the other reason no one is getting any return because it's a scheme.  Roll Eyes

(Note: They are still accepting new payments and users, too. What disgusting thieves.)

If only there was a distributed ledger that the public could read that could tell us exactly how much was mined by them.

Something like that would be neat.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:16:32 AM

I can't even get onto their website. Says my IP range is blocked Tongue
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:57:46 PM

Yeah they use cloudfare so they prevent you from accessing their site if your IP has been reported.
If you use tor (built i VPN) you can browse the site though.
mvannane9 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:17:38 PM

Yeah they use cloudfare so they prevent you from accessing their site if your IP has been reported.

Everyone is getting IP blocked who is complaining or calling them out as a ponzi collapse.

All cloud mining monitors have them as non paying, fortunately good community here pops up in google results when you search them so I don't think they are making off with too much.

I also imagine most people turned off with "2016 hashing increase" and not many orders going through. Just keep up the warning guys, scam officially.

http://www.cmmonitor.com/ (Cloudmining.website is second one down)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:14:09 AM

I am from an investment management firm. We invested a part of client's money into Bitcoin Mining. As most of u already know that investment firms deal with large chunk of money, we had to go for cloud mining to cope up with the huge inflow. There was no big problem as we run our own solar powered cloud mining setup. Things were fine as long as Bitcoin was floating above 500 USD. But, in the last quarter (July-September), bitcoin price slump against USD has affected our operating profit. In this quarter we had to payback customers from the earning of previous quarter as we were expecting a price rise in this quarter (October-December). 500 USD is ok for us and anything beyond only makes profit. But, we are a bit worried, as price is not showing much of an upward movement. So, I have 3 Qs to the community...

1. Do you think we should liquidate the current investment in cloud mining and go for other investment opportunities ?

2. Do you think price will cross 500 USD by March 31, 2015 ?

3. If point 2 is NO, is there any other option to keep our cloud mining operation up and running ?

Yes! Run your site like a Ponzi, whereupon you'll continue to profit for at least a year before Investards catch on to your scheme.

In case Leroy Fodor ever wants to quote me, ...

/s
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:17:15 PM

Everyone is getting IP blocked who is complaining or calling them out as a ponzi collapse.

All cloud mining monitors have them as non paying, fortunately good community here pops up in google results when you search them so I don't think they are making off with too much.

I also imagine most people turned off with "2016 hashing increase" and not many orders going through. Just keep up the warning guys, scam officially.

http://www.cmmonitor.com/ (Cloudmining.website is second one down)

To be honest i am not sure why they even make an effort to ip ban people.
By now most people know they are a scam.

I even saw some tweets about them

P.s Thanks for that site. I didn't know it.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:04:02 AM

Now let´s see how long these guys are online with raising diff  Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:19:07 AM

I was curious to play with the site after reading all of this and wanted to share something with you guys.  As it would be free, I went to the site to register and see what was what.  The registration page asks for a BTC address, a new password, name and email.  After about five failed attempts at signing up I thought of something.  Each time the website would kick back an error saying to use a valid BTC address.  I was doing that and then I thought, "Wow, nice way to phish for passwords".  Think about it. Most people have two of three passwords that they often use and a few variations on each depending on what format a site wants.  So, you go here, give out your email, BTC address and use one of your patented favorite passwords.  The site logs these and then kicks back an error, you try a few times and leave.  The site owner now has a list of emails with possible passwords for those email accounts and a BTC address that may have come from an online wallet with the same password you just logged or in rare occasions you have the password they used for their software wallet. 

Might just be that the site is ready to shut down and run and they do not want new users and at the same time do not want people that can't sign up alerting the world that the registration is closed.  However it could also be more, as this is the behavior that I have seen from many websites.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: