Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolies SP20 Issue  (Read 3029 times)
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:51:51 PM

Thanx for that reply Herb. I'll try switching the hashing boards to see if I can get loop 3 to come up. I think I tried that in the past and the defective loop changed. I think that pointed to the board rather than the controller. If I am thinking correct, If I switch the boards and the same loop 3 isnt communicating then it is probably the controller but if the bad loop changes then its probably the hash board. Am I thinking correct? I'll play a bit later today....

Yes, you are.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aladinsain

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:44:22 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 11:20:37 PM by frodocooper

any ideas why a asic is only running 500hz do you think reseating the heat sink  it would make a difference
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:54:48 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 11:20:55 PM by frodocooper

any ideas why a asic is only running 500hz do you think reseating the heat sink  it would make a difference

Is it overeating ?

If so, someone had the great idea to turn the SP20 on the side so the heatsink doesn't stand on the side but on top. You can try that.

I know the new version SP20E has the heatsink glued so ... not sure if yours is glued or not.

You can try, it's free Tongue
aladinsain

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:03:39 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 11:21:15 PM by frodocooper

Is it overeating ?

If so, someone had the great idea to turn the SP20 on the side so the heatsink doesn't stand on the side but on top. You can try that.

I know the new version SP20E has the heatsink glued so ... not sure if yours is glued or not.

You can try, it's free Tongue

Thanks herb not over heating and heat sinks glued on had it on side b4 maybe give it another go
or its a very lazy asic
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:15:43 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 11:21:35 PM by frodocooper

Thanks herb not over heating and heat sinks glued on had it on side b4 maybe give it another go
or its a very lazy asic

Yeah maybe the chip is damaged or a component on his circuit Sad
RobbLikesToFixStuff

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 06:24:01 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 11:21:52 PM by frodocooper

Hi all... I'm having the same problem OFF TO:0 (test serial failed)
is there a schematic? I think the serial issue is on the Hashing board itself, or related to a bad diode resistor or capacitor. if I could find a schematic I could start fixing Spondoolies units, and I'd be willing to help all of you also Smiley If anyone can get me a schematic please do so. These are multi layered boards so it has to have traces for all of the punch-thru's so I can trace the punch thru traces and confirm internal broken traces... then we could start fixing these. I don't think it has anything to do with the Controller board as I switched the boards and also the data cables, nothing changed but the location of the OFF TO:0 (test serial failed) message. So that leads me to believe that there is a problem with the SERIAL connection or circuit on the board itself. does anyone know Which Chip (im assuming one of the small ones) does serial for each RockerBox chip? Let me know, If you help me with this I will fix yours for parts cost only. the company may be dead but the suppliers are still alive. If we need chips I'm sure there are still some lying around. I'm willing to help... I may be interested in some problematic boards to so I can engineer a solution to this problem. These are pretty good machines, it would be nice to figure out a way to keep them alive.
jstew

Activity: 469
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 06:27:12 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 11:22:07 PM by frodocooper

Hi all... I'm having the same problem OFF TO:0 (test serial failed)
is there a schematic? I think the serial issue is on the Hashing board itself, or related to a bad diode resistor or capacitor. if I could find a schematic I could start fixing Spondoolies units, and I'd be willing to help all of you also Smiley If anyone can get me a schematic please do so. These are multi layered boards so it has to have traces for all of the punch-thru's so I can trace the punch thru traces and confirm internal broken traces... then we could start fixing these. I don't think it has anything to do with the Controller board as I switched the boards and also the data cables, nothing changed but the location of the OFF TO:0 (test serial failed) message. So that leads me to believe that there is a problem with the SERIAL connection or circuit on the board itself. does anyone know Which Chip (im assuming one of the small ones) does serial for each RockerBox chip? Let me know, If you help me with this I will fix yours for parts cost only. the company may be dead but the suppliers are still alive. If we need chips I'm sure there are still some lying around. I'm willing to help... I may be interested in some problematic boards to so I can engineer a solution to this problem. These are pretty good machines, it would be nice to figure out a way to keep them alive.

unfortunatly at this point they arent worth fixing , thees eunits can be had cheaper then what it would cost for somone to have it repaired 8 out of 10 times
i do agree they are great units though i have 7 underclocked units running at home that i pulled out of my datacenter to replace with s7's
RobbLikesToFixStuff

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

I want to buy ASIC boards. Im in the US so PM me and I'll get you my contact info. I dont want to be rude and break Rules.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: