Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2018, 06:12:54 AM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weakest hardware to hit the lottery recently  (Read 875 times)
dime2spend

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:10:41 PM

Hi all,
I'm wondering what's the weakest hardware (lowest hashrate) that solved a block by solo mining recently (last 3-6 months). I used the search in this forum and also google search but couldn't find an answer to that question. I also checked the stats of the solo.ck.pool but there are probably a lot of solo miners who might not use a pool at all.

It seems quite a lot of people are playing the lottery with very littte hashing power and I'm just curious if any of them got lucky solving a block.

Roman
PS: I just ordered a U3 to play the lottery as well.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1142

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 09:20:53 PM

On the solo pool it was an antminer S3 at about 440GH

Developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org, 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 12:27:53 AM

Wow that is so nice for an 'old' miner. Thanks for the data. Who knows how much will it take for that same S3 to hit it again...

dime2spend

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:55:46 AM

Thanks for the answer. Actually I read about the Antminer S3 in another thead. I just thought someone with his r-pi controlled batch of U2 might have stumbled over a block too even though the math doesn't leave much room for this to happen.

But even for an Antminer S3 the odds are so small these days. That's why I rather got an Antminer U3. At least I have some work to do to get an keep this little bugger running Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.