Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-12-11 nbc4i.com Dublin PD: All Leads Exhausted In Bomb Threat Investigation  (Read 1185 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 04:41:16 PM

Dublin City Schools Representative Tracy Miller alerted police that he had received a similar email the morning of November 26. The email was traced by investigators and found to have been sent through Tormail.org. The Oregon-based company specifically provides private, untraceable email access, according to police. Another email received regarding the threat was through a Bitcoin account, which is also not traceable, or accessible.

Mail trough Bitcoin accounts? Where do I get one? Did I miss something? What is this? ... Help!

Full article: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/dec/11/dublin-pd-all-leads-exhausted-bomb-threat-investig-ar-1272306/

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:48:15 PM

Are they getting confused and the reality did involve Bitcoin but for purposes of blackmail, à la Mitt Romney case?

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 05:17:53 PM

Quote from: Article
As a result, the school district initiated a two-hour delay schedule.

The buildings were swept by police and cleared of any danger.

I wonder how much that cost? I wonder how much the fake bomb threat cost?

An exponential force multiplier for exhausting their funds?

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 06:59:46 PM

Perhaps they mean their leads ended at a shell account or such paid for with Bitcoin? I'm not sure that makes much sense, but the article's wording makes even less sense.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:37:33 AM

References to Tormail and Bitcoin removed.
Dublin City Schools Representative Tracy Miller alerted police that he had received a similar email the morning of November 26. The email was traced by investigators and found to have been sent through an Oregon-based company specifically provides private, untraceable email access, according to police. Another email received regarding the threat was through another account, which is also not traceable, or accessible.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: