Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bitcoins w/paypal  (Read 2122 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 02:32:48 AM

I sell btc on ebay all day I have talked to them on the phone about 20 times they have even told me how to sell. They dont care if you sell coins. The just dont want you acting an exchange. I would love to see you process. I sent you a PM.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 02:36:38 AM

If you think it really matters to paypal call them up and tell them that user name northoutboards on ebay has sold 13k in btc and see what they say? I have been threatened with that a few times. They dont give a shit. As long as they get their fees and I dont get a ton of charge backs they dont care.
BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:06:53 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144448.0

Scroll Down for satisfied customers.

I'm back.
BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:04:37 AM

We have restocked! Visit us at bitcoinbuddy.blogspot.com or email us at bitcoinbuddy@yahoo.com they are selling fast!

I'm back.
flavius (OP)

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:26:08 AM

Using virwox is probably a good idea.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:27:40 AM

@flavius why? we offer direct transfers. i saw you wanted 200$ in btc if you are still interested email us at bitcoinbuddy@yahoo.com

I'm back.
flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:49:45 AM

I already got someone else to fill it a long time ago. Virwox does the same thing, with a little bit of fees but I can at least trust it very much.  Shrug, no biggie either way.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:59:54 AM

alas, as you wish c:

I'm back.
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:12:54 AM

I already got someone else to fill it a long time ago. Virwox does the same thing, with a little bit of fees but I can at least trust it very much.  Shrug, no biggie either way.
a little bit of fees?  Grin

Don't they take like 12% or so, plus a few dollars?

BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:23:44 AM

* If virwox does infact take 12% in fees, i would like to point out we provide a direct service, with lower fees, and testimonials are available to prove we are legit c:

I'm back.
velacreations

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:35:06 AM

* If virwox does infact take 12% in fees, i would like to point out we provide a direct service, with lower fees, and testimonials are available to prove we are legit c:

I am not positive on their fees, but I believe they take 3.5% to fund from paypal (and a fee, like $2), then 3.5% to exchange to SLL, then 3.5% to exchange to BTC.  Finally, there is a .02 BTC fee to withdraw.

hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:08:20 PM

Buying bitcoin with paypal set off the scam detector  Smiley

Bitcoin buddy set mine off. I get people wanting to get BTC for PP that is my business model.

the one in danger is BITCOINBUDDY himself, noone else.
say, you buy btc from him via paypal, he delivers btc and you chargeback your paypal. now who is fucked?
flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:09:54 PM

You cannot chargeback a paypal gift unless you paid with your credit card, which he most likely doesn't allow.

velacreations

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 03:26:28 PM

You cannot chargeback a paypal gift unless you paid with your credit card, which he most likely doesn't allow.
really?  that's interesting.

flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

Have you never used paypal before?

I've heard of people using stolen accounts to buy BTC, but that can be easily mitigated by having them email you from the email on the paypal account as rarely do hackers get access to the email account on top of the paypal. If you really wanted to be 100% sure, you could have them take a picture of some type of letter they got in the mail with their name on it, not necessarily anything confidential such as a utility bill.

velacreations

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Have you never used paypal before?

I've heard of people using stolen accounts to buy BTC, but that can be easily mitigated by having them email you from the email on the paypal account as rarely do hackers get access to the email account on top of the paypal. If you really wanted to be 100% sure, you could have them take a picture of some type of letter they got in the mail with their name on it, not necessarily anything confidential such as a utility bill.

you are talking about verification before accepting payments, which is definitely a good thing. 

But, I never knew you couldn't chargeback a gift.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:54:13 PM

a gift can be charged back. It is harder but yes it can be charged back. I know how you can pay with PP that can not be charged back. It is hard to check for though. If you receive to many gift PP will shut you down. 
rastaj

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:34:57 PM

I have used BTC Buddy for 2 transactions in February, and had by BTC within minutes, literally. However, I have tried contacting them several times over the past week to no avail. Anyone know what is going on?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: