Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Roger Ver lost his fuckin' mind? (this thread is about Marshall Long)  (Read 42243 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 08:30:14 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 07:09:42 AM by Gleb Gamow

EDIT (12-26-16): With apologies for evoking Roger's name.

https://twitter.com/FinalHash?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

There is no way in hell that the honorable Roger Ver should be in company of Marshall Long, a lyin' piece of shit right up there with Leroy Fodor, John Fitzpatrick and most recently Craig Wright. BTW, happy belated birthday, Josh Zerlan.

This fuckin' Marshall Long is on record in claiming to own the largest bitcoin mining farm in all of North America, it being the sixth largest farm in the world operating at near zero energy cost off the grid. On several occasions, Marshall claimed to be co-founder of Cryptsy while being it and Mintsy and Project Investor's CTO while holding court with Josh Garza of GAW, among other rouge crypto entities that have all gone to the wayside leaving cryptocurrency enthusiasts' real wallets tens of millions of dollars lighter.

Marshall further claims to own a drone outfit in Cleveland, Ohio, when the truth of the matter is that he ONLY helped built the website for said drone outfit for his high school buddy/classmate. Marshall further claims to own fitness businesses when, again, he ONLY helped built their websites.

Marshall Long claims to be involved in Bitcoin since 2009, when, like with Leroy Fodor, there's nary a bit of evidence depicting such to be the case, with evidence showing him to be just a grunt at a spray booth plant in Texas in 2011, where later he was allowed to ramp up their website, with later the outfit abandoning his efforts for a more functional site provided by a better webmaster.

If anybody has anything to add to this thread about Marshall Long but would rather not go record in stating such, simply PM me your particulars whereupon I'll post the evidence as my own so that future folks would be able to make a more informed decision regarding this shit for brains.

~Bruno Kucinskas

PS: Merry Christmas, fellow monumental assholes.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:32:49 PM

http://www.imediaconnection.com/profiles/iMedia_PC_Bio.aspx?ID=66373

http://insidebitcoins.com/chicago/2015/speakers

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:45:58 PM

https://forum.bitcoin.com/ama-ask-me-anything/i-m-marshall-long-aka-partner-cto-of-finalhash-llc-and-a-true-bitcoin-og-t2160.html

I'm Marshall Long aka 挖矿王子 - Partner & CTO of FinalHash, LLC and a True Bitcoin OG
Post reputation: 3 Quote
Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey Folks Ask Me Anything! (Will be responding starting at Noon EST)

A bit about myself.

+Started Coding when I was 15 years old
+Original Career in Engineering
+Got into bitcoin in Nov. 2009
+Started originally as a miner
+Currently one of the top 10 miners world wide with mines in China, Washington, Chicago, and Canada
+Have deep ties with China and go by the name of 挖矿王子 there. (Roughly translates to "Mining Prince")
+I love decentralized tech and ways to subvert the copious amounts of censorship handed out by governments
+Recently Featured in a documentary while in Tokyo with our very own ROGER VER!
https://youtu.be/8zKuoqZLyKg?t=5m27s

Why didn't Marshall "Mining Prince" Long include his declared largest bitcoin mining farm in North America, with that facility being the sixth largest in the world operating with near-zero energy cost via the grid?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:46:50 PM

You could be correct. Looking like FACTOM is a bit of a 'fuzzy dream' (ie scam maybe) from this link

http://bitcoinist.net/factom-purposefully-twisted-the-truth-regarding-deal-with-honduran-government/

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:48:34 PM

Roger Ver is an idiot. He got rich for owning bitcoin early, doing absolutely nothing to earn his wealth. He only gets attention for being rich, and has never benefited the community positively. All he does is to earn more money and earn himself a reputation. He deserves the ridicule.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 03:50:50 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2020, 02:13:49 PM by suchmoon

The make-believe CTO and/or owner of various entities first piqued my interest back in GAW heyday when he brokered a deal between MAT (scammers) and GAW (LOL) so he's really an upstanding businessman by all accounts.

Marshall's side of the story:

Ok for the final post tonight as im so freaking tired of posting on this forum. You seem like a reasonable guy so here you go.

I already iterated what you are asking about GAW. His hardware is his own business period.  If somebody calls me and says, "Hey do you know hardware that is good?" i just tell folks what i know exists in the world. They ask for specs, i provide specs that i have tested. And folks make their own minds up. PERIOD.

And dafuq does this selling twice shit come from?  I know this was not started by you but by bjorn... Whatever... jesus christ guys...

go look at www.mining-asics-technologies.com  an update was posted there today... Go look at it.

And dafuq does double sold mean anyway?  That is not a thing.  Units started arriving at folks doors like 2 weeks ago. and are currently under way.  So in my opinion idk why the fuck people are going so ape shit.

I bought some yes. I received them yes. Period.  And many many people have too but they dont have the time to play games in bitcointalk.

Im going to bed.

PERIOD. Yes. That's all he did, right? Provided specs to his buddy Joshua Homero Garza. Yeah...

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image

... and that's just a tiny fraction of all the MAT/GAW contract negotiations, which among other things included Marshall trying to be a "neutral" escrow in the transaction.

Which in turn is just a tiny fraction of all the Marshall/Homero bullshit that was going on for months and included then-Cryptsy-CTO helping Garza build Paycoin, the crown jewel of his scams, and also advising Garza on getting his scams offshore.

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:59:44 PM

Roger Ver is an idiot. He got rich for owning bitcoin early, doing absolutely nothing to earn his wealth. He only gets attention for being rich, and has never benefited the community positively. All he does is to earn more money and earn himself a reputation. He deserves the ridicule.

I respectably disagree with your sentiment about Roger, with my concern being Marshall Long. Your assessment may be correct, but I'm not privy to your truism. Please accept my apology in that regard, and thanks for weighing in.
worhiper_-_

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:27:34 PM

Maybe it's just me being  Roger Ver hater, but his actions just keep bringing negative attention to bitcoin.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:28:09 PM

http://satoshiroundtable.org/

Marshall Long was one of the ONLY 50 attendees at The Satoshi Roundtable.

John Betts, Noble Markets
Justin Blincoe, COO Coinapult
Vitalik Buterin, Founder Ethereum
Michael Cao, CEO Zoom Hash
Dave Carlson, CEO Mega Big Power
Nic Cary, CEO Blockchain
Amir Chetrit, Smartwallet
Reeve Collins, CEO, Tether
Julian Counihan, Red Sea Ventures
Tuur Demeester, Adamant Research
Anthony DiIorio, Decentral, KrytpoKit, Ethereum
Joe DiSorbo, Webgistix
Jason Dorsett, Early Adopter
Michael Dupree,  EasyBit/BlockChain Capital
Bruce Fenton, Atlantic Financial / Bitcoin Association
Paige Freeman, VP of Sales for Bitnet
Dan Held, Blockchain/ZeroBlock, ChangeTip
David Johnston, DApps Fund, Mastercoin, Factom
Jason King, Seans Outpost
Charlie Lee, Coinbase/ Creator LiteCoin
Adam Ludwin, CEO, Chain
Marshall Long, CEO Final Hash
Trace Mayer, Author, investor, early adopter
Raj Mehta, Kilowatt Capital
Matthew Mellon, Digital Chamber of Commerce
Ira Miller, CEO, Coinapult
Joel Monegro, Union Square Ventures
Brock Pierce, Crypto Currency Partners
Michael Perklin, CryptoCurrency Certification Consortium
Elizabeth Rossiello, CEO BitPesa
Marco Santori, Pillsbury Winthrop
Ryan Singer, Entrepreneur
David Smith Silva, Bitcoin Consultant and Educator
Craig Sellars, CTO Mastercoin
Bo Shen, Bitshares
Paul Snow, Texas Bitcoin Alliance and Factom
Nick Sullivan, CEO ChangeTip
Michael Terpin, Social Radius
Peter Todd, Core Developer
Jeffrey Tucker, Liberty.me
Alyse Killeen, March Capital Partners
Justin Newton, CEO NetKI
Will O’Brien, BitGo
Josh Rushing-AlJazeera Correspondent, Host of Fault Lines – Guest Speaker
Micah Winkelspecht, Gem
Andres Yashcuk, Factom, Storj
Shawn Winkinson, Founder Storj
Roger Ver, Memory Dealers
Erik Voorhees, Entrepreneur
Vadim Telyatnikov, CEO AlphaPoint
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:30:51 PM

Maybe it's just me being  Roger Ver hater, but his actions just keep bringing negative attention to bitcoin.

Even though I don't echo your sentiment, I'm sure others do, again, respecting your position.

Aside: I still love BitPay in spite of being highly critical of them a few months back.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:46:09 PM

As far as scammers go one could say birds of a feather flock together.

Roger Ver certainly has a more negative impact on the community than Marshall as far as I'm concerned.

Dude is a sell-out for his corporate buddies and seemingly insists on squandering whatever is left of his Bitcoin fortune on failed platforms and projects promoting more scams.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:50:29 PM

As far as scammers go one could say birds of a feather flock together.

Roger Ver certainly has a more negative impact on the community than Marshall as far as I'm concerned.

Dude is a sell-out for his corporate buddies and seemingly insists on squandering whatever is left of his Bitcoin fortune on failed platforms and projects promoting more scams.

Roger Ver is a tool. I still laugh at the time he had a days long public meltdown on here and reddit over a $50 mistake that was made by his company or whatever. I need to find the link to that again.  Cheesy

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:21:11 PM

i agree with the part where he didn't had to do much in order to be rich from bitcoin since he is a very early adopter. but he is invested in several trusted and respected bitcoin companies. don't forget that. every person is looking out to earn more, can't see what's wrong with that.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:27:19 PM

i agree with the part where he didn't had to do much in order to be rich from bitcoin since he is a very early adopter. but he is invested in several trusted and respected bitcoin companies. don't forget that. every person is looking out to earn more, can't see what's wrong with that.

huh? which ones?

blockchain.info? scam
bitpay? scam
Purse? scam

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
worhiper_-_

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:33:22 PM

every person is looking out to earn more, can't see what's wrong with that.

What's wrong with what Roger does is that he tries to portray himself as bitcoin Jesus while all he does is practice his greed. In the end, every time something he does hits the headlines it's something that would bring negative attention to bitcoin. TL;DR: Investing is OK, being pretentious about it isn't.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:39:58 PM

Roger Ver 6-8 months before mtgox's shutdown:

"they look good to me I looked at their internal records and all is fine here...I support mtgox and mark"

Loooooooooool

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:25:43 PM

https://twitter.com/FinalHash/status/666482724572672000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVcLG0jGByI

http://web.archive.org/web/20140319080333/http://clevelandaerialmedia.com/pages/about-us

Just like espousing that he's co-founder of Cryptsy, the ONLY references to Marshall Long being an owner of Cleveland Aerial Media is where he himself professed such to be the case, for there's nary a document on the planet proving otherwise.

Conclusion: Marshall Long is a lyin' piece of shit and anybody associated with this serial liar is bound to have their endeavors highly scrutinized considering that to date most everything Marshall's been involved in has turned to shit leaving folks tens of millions of dollars poorer.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:35:16 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 07:21:40 PM by Gleb Gamow

Just posted elsewhere and worth reposting here:

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
THE CRYPTSY RENDITION

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even BV's spouse.
The stockings were hung by JShockney with care,
In hopes that St BitJohn soon would be there.

The traders were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of profit-plums danced in their heads.
And nwfella in his ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains from a long winter’s crap.

When out on the trollbox there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the chat window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the DOGE trades and threw up my stash.

The moon on the breast of the new-risen price
Gave the lustre of mid-day to trading altcoins, so nice.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature withdrawal, only eight tiny DASHdeer.

With a little old email, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be in transit.
More rapid than CrypsyBanHammer his coursers they came,
And trolls whistled, and shouted, and called me to blame!

"Now JShock! now, Horus! now, Mullick, and Terrick!
On, PolkaDot! On Lucifer! on Satan, and Disparage!
To the top of the traders! to the top of them all!
Now dash away! Dash away! DASH away with it all!"

As the scams like before the wild hurricanes fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the tip-top of withdrawals they flew,
With the sleigh full of Drugs, Weapons, and Stolen Credit Cards; of course St BigVern too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the blockchain
The prancing and pawing of each little Bitcoin.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Down the chimney St Marshall Long came with a bound.

He was dressed all in dildos, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of Bitcoins he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.

His eyes-how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a brown cherry!
His droll little mouth was slack from the man-hoes,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the blow.

The stump of a cock he held tight in his teeth,
And the meth smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and an enormous round belly,
That shook when he shat, like a bowlful of jelly!

He was chubby and plump, a right foul smelling troll,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of the dole!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had everything to dread.

He spoke narcissistic words, then went straight to his work,
And stole all the stockings, while preforming a circle jerk.
And laying his finger inside of his hoes,
And giving a nod, up his arsehole theirs' rose!

He sprang to his sleigh, then his arse gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like customers' Bitcoin dismissals.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight,
"BigVern has fled to China, so no withdrawals, period; Not even tonight!"

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 07:17:10 PM

are you serious? he is one of the biggest bitcoin advocates in the space, he spends thousands of dollars for advertising bitcoin, he travels around the world to speak about bitcoin ("bitcoin jesus"), he donated a ton of money, he funds small companies, he runs full nodes...just to name a few things you know?  Roll Eyes

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:52:43 PM

Compare https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Marshall+Long%22+bitcoin&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A12%2F1%2F2009%2Ccd_max%3A12%2F1%2F2012&tbm=

with

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A12%2F1%2F2009%2Ccd_max%3A12%2F1%2F2012&q=%22leroy+fodor%22+bitcoin&oq=%22leroy+fodor%22+bitcoin&gs_l=serp.3...14633.17898.0.18146.15.13.2.0.0.0.129.1265.4j8.12.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..8.7.577.bE7oSoMlqVM

with

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A12%2F1%2F2009%2Ccd_max%3A12%2F1%2F2012&q=%22phinnaeus+gage%22+bitcoin&oq=%22phinnaeus+gage%22+bitcoin&gs_l=serp.3..30i10.22847.28492.0.28924.14.14.0.0.0.0.119.1343.8j6.14.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..7.7.715.Zgt6D6nF73g

with

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS549US549&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A12%2F1%2F2009%2Ccd_max%3A12%2F1%2F2012&q=%22roger+ver%22+bitcoin&oq=%22roger+ver%22+bitcoin&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i30l2j0i8i30j0i8i10i30.40168.42803.0.43214.10.10.0.0.0.0.133.1040.4j6.10.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..1.9.944.LbxU0-40mYI

Conclusion, for you fuckin' idiots not able to figure it out on your own, again, there's nary proof of Marshall Long being involved with Bitcoin in 2012, let alone 2009, unless you wanna believe that this lyin' piece of shit kept his involvement a secret via keepin' his pie hole shut when he's well-known to loudly express everything he's been involved in throughout the years. The fucker helped built a fitness website, then declares he's part owner of the endeavor. What a fuckin' asshole!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  

Jump to: