Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Probably the hottest business idea of the moment in BTC  (Read 3127 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 08:27:31 PM

There is a miscommunication going on here.

I'm pretty sure that killerstorm had mathematical formal verification in his mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_verification

The ISO stuff mentioned by spyked is a bureaucratic formal verification of management processes, possibly in relation to information technology.

I think the best summary of the ISO certificates is with the old Russian joke: a certificate that you aren't a camel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_jokes

I'm pretty sure the spyked guy was talking about formal verification (as per your first link).

I have no idea what killerstorm is blabbering about, as it doesn't seem to amount to more than "I don't like this person and I think I'm smart therefore blablabla" sort of nonsense.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 09:36:41 PM

I have no idea what killerstorm is blabbering about, as it doesn't seem to amount to more than "I don't like this person and I think I'm smart therefore blablabla" sort of nonsense.

Dunning–Kruger at its finest.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 03:10:41 AM

Patently idiotic idea. Do you think Microsoft or Google lack funds or desire to create software without bugs? They still ship products full of bugs, because it is mathematically impossible to prove correctness of a program. That's because the space of all possible inputs is exponentially large and you can't test them all.
Testing is an art, not a science.
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 06:39:52 PM

Patently idiotic idea. Do you think Microsoft or Google lack funds or desire to create software without bugs? They still ship products full of bugs, because it is mathematically impossible to prove correctness of a program. That's because the space of all possible inputs is exponentially large and you can't test them all.
Testing is an art, not a science.

It's a fact they lack the desire. They are immune to any sort of responsibility for pushing out shit code. Bitcoin operators are not. Someone will have to come to terms with this difference. Whoever does it sooner wins.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: