Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptodex - Free cryptocurrency address book extension for Chrome  (Read 93 times)
_cryptodex_ (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:24:20 AM

Hello all!

I've been invested in cryptos (mostly ETH) for a couple years and I've always been extremely paranoid about sending more than a few bucks somewhere without obsessively checking (or double or triple checking) that I had entered the right receiving address. I think this has been a major barrier to entry for a lot of people who otherwise might already have gotten into the space but were put off by the thought of losing thousands of dollars due to a typo.

So recently (partly to take my mind off the ongoing massacre) I started working on a Chrome extension to hopefully make the process a little easier - it lets you check and store addresses for a lot of different coins and quickly paste them into the browser or scan them as a QR code. On top of that, you can highlight addresses in-browser to check if they actually match the one you already saved. It started out pretty simple but I've built in more and more features and I think it can really cut out a lot of the hassle and worry that people experience when sending or receiving large amounts of money.

This is a brand new release so it's entirely open-ended as to where it goes from here. I have a few ideas for future versions, but I'd love to get some constructive feedback from all of you - I'm sure there's a lot I haven't thought of yet (probably a few bugs, too) and I'm 100% open to feature suggestions or ideas. Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated - also, if any other developers or translators for different regions want to pitch in please let me know. It's a free download, so I invite you to give it a try!

Chrome Webstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptodex/pbfbaeobcojdjfgplolbofdjlahhclkc

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: