Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp is now the number two exchange  (Read 4848 times)
Endgame (OP)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:12:35 PM

Just noticed Bitstamp is now the 2nd most popular exchange by 30 day volume, replacing Btc-e which was previously the number 2. I personally haven't used Bitstamp but am pretty curious as to why it is doing so well. Anybody have an explanation? Is Bitstamp's rise mainly due to Bitfloor being hacked and unable to pay back customers?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:42:47 PM

Because Europeans are becoming more actively involved with bitcoin. See here:
https://blockchain.info/nodes-globe?series=48hrs
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:12:50 PM

I've heard their customer service is very good from many people.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:15:10 PM

Fairly liquid exchange

Sold some btc on moday, requested a sepa withdraw to the UK and money was in my account today!

Really pleased :-)
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 07:07:23 PM

Compared with mtgox SEPA (european bank transfers) are working very fast and without any problem. The fees are also quite fair.

My last mtgox sepa deposit (~1 month ago) took nearly one week to appear on my account. A friend of me made a SEPA withdrawal on mtgox. After 2 weeks he still didn't receive his money and had to ask mtgox for the status. After nearly 3 weeks he got his money.
My last bitstamp SEPA deposit took only 1 day to appear. 

Up to now, I can only say good thinks about bitstamp, and i would choose them again.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 07:11:21 PM

Great service indeed, I've been recommending them to all my friends.

Keep up the good work Bitstamp  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Chief Satangkai

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 08:24:23 PM

Thats great!! I have been using them from time to time (SEPA deposits and withdraws) and i too have only good things to say about them!
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 08:35:24 PM

Another satisfied customer here, fast withdraws to SEPA.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 06:45:32 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2012, 10:56:32 PM by jago25_98

Since intersango went down as long as you have cheap SEPA facility with your bank it's a good option for people in the UK.

Unlike Gox I found they handled an ID / lost password request really well and personal.

Recommended so far

edit: Try transferwise for a £1 transfer to Bitstamp from the UK. The best option in the UK now I think.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 09:33:15 AM

I thought I'd try buying a few coins today but it's as if there are no coins for sale on there because it's not getting fulfilled.

How do you tell if that is the case before you place an order? I can see the bid and asks in the order book... so why is nothing happening?

I though Bitstamp was big?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:13:18 AM

I'm slightly biased because I'm friends with the Bitstamp team but I used their exchange two times now and both times I got my deposit completed within 3 hours (the reason could be that we're in the same country but still!). Also their site is extremely easy to navigate, the tradeing can be done effortlessly and I haven't heard from a single disgruntled customer yet which indicates that the customer support is superb. That btw doesn't really surprise me because I know the owner, I've seen him in action and he is an awesome dude, very calm, well mannered and highly professional.

Anyway I highly recommend them, especially if you have SEPA transfers available.  Cool

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 12:43:14 PM

I thought I'd try buying a few coins today but it's as if there are no coins for sale on there because it's not getting fulfilled.

How do you tell if that is the case before you place an order? I can see the bid and asks in the order book... so why is nothing happening?

I though Bitstamp was big?

Check if your order is not pending in "open orders".

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:37:41 AM

For my curiosity, what's the monthly net from being the #2 exchange? Ballpark works.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:04:38 AM

Nice site and really easy to use. Any problems with SEPA transfers out form bitstamp?
There are usually no problems accepting SEPA Smiley Real PITA is caused, when you want to get your fiat back.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 11:15:54 AM

Nice site and really easy to use. Any problems with SEPA transfers out form bitstamp?
There are usually no problems accepting SEPA Smiley Real PITA is caused, when you want to get your fiat back.

A cannot remember reading a single complaint on this forum.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:09:08 PM

For my curiosity, what's the monthly net from being the #2 exchange? Ballpark works.

I don't completely understand your question but you might find your answer here:

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
BitCoinLoft

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 08:32:38 AM

I'm slightly biased because I'm friends with the Bitstamp team but I used their exchange two times now and both times I got my deposit completed within 3 hours (the reason could be that we're in the same country but still!). Also their site is extremely easy to navigate, the tradeing can be done effortlessly and I haven't heard from a single disgruntled customer yet which indicates that the customer support is superb. That btw doesn't really surprise me because I know the owner, I've seen him in action and he is an awesome dude, very calm, well mannered and highly professional.

Anyway I highly recommend them, especially if you have SEPA transfers available.  Cool

Thank you hazek for the info. I am just doing a 100 Euro SEPA depo to Bitstamp Smiley I am not affiliated with Bitstamp in any ways, just need to find a stable and reliable way to trade Bitcoins and do conversions to fiat.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:35:31 AM

I don't completely understand your question but you might find your answer here:

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

So about 150k BTC volume and they charge what, 0.5% coming to about 750 BTC a month or so?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:37:34 AM

Thank you hazek for the info. I am just doing a 100 Euro SEPA depo to Bitstamp Smiley I am not affiliated with Bitstamp in any ways, just need to find a stable and reliable way to trade Bitcoins and do conversions to fiat.

Cool. SEPA should arrive in 1 to 3 days Wink

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:54:02 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 05:36:43 PM by Amitabh S

My very first experience with Bitstamp.net using BTC was good horrible.... I lost 1 BTC.
I'll neither be using nor recommending it unless this and this are resolved.

I would not say great as I had to contact support, but I'm satisfied with their responsiveness.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: