Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen if there's no price rise for the halfing?  (Read 13535 times)
asrilani

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 11:48:02 AM

Well there will be no price rise after the halving. Why would there be any rise?
I nknow the supply will shrink that's right... But what's important is that so many people already stored btc in order to sell after the halving that it doesn't really matter! The shrinking supply will be compensated by the enormous amount of people ready to sell :3

It depends on if there are new users of the bitcoin. If there is no new application of the bitcoin, the price will not rise.

there is always new applications for bitcoin which will always continue bringing new people into bitcoin. if you follow the news more often you will see these applications in real world.

in my opinion two of the biggest news recently was the steam accepting bitcoin and also the release of OpenBazzar.

These two are very important. The gamers might be interested in bitcoin as general and they can help the adoption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:04:50 PM

I think the beginners will sell their bitcoins but I also think the halving risings will happen after it and not in it or before it to be honest.
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:12:46 PM

I think the beginners will sell their bitcoins but I also think the halving risings will happen after it and not in it or before it to be honest.

I think if there is no price rise at halving then majority of people will get panic and will sell all their coins at lower price and big whales will take advantage of it.
Juhagic

Activity: 357

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:50:12 AM

If there is no increase of price of halving, miners will shut down, the difficulty will reduce. The market will adjust.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:39:48 PM

If the price rise is not going to happen before the halving then the price at the end of the halving is going to be very low. This is a good thing for people that want to buy coins for a low price again.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:36:49 PM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening?  Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasn't here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

i am sure that price will rise, and miners will be happy about that so everything will be okay, would be dumb to think that price won't rise at all, when so many people buys bitcoins now

but if something will happen and price won't rise, then miners will have to leave their jobs as they won't get any profit from mining anymore, so that would be very bad for bitcoin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ludwish

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:03:11 PM

There is no need to worry about the "no price rise for the halving", the price of the bitcoin has already risen.
Juhagic

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:39:40 PM

There is no need to worry about the "no price rise for the halving", the price of the bitcoin has already risen.

The price rose more than 20% in the last two weeks. The bull market of the bitcoin has already started.
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:28:18 PM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening?  Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

if there will be no price rise after halving at all then miners will have to leave their jobs as this won't be profitable anymore, but that probably won't happen atleast not after this halving

and i don't think that price won't rise at all after halving because price rises very fast now so i am sure that it will rise after halving and price will be very large, 1000$ and more

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:51:08 AM

I think that then the price after the halving will be a bit lower then we are going to expect but the price is rising so we do not have to worry about that. The price is rising and it still is possible for the price to hit $600 soon.
BombayChicken

Activity: 269

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:13:06 AM

Why everyone's being scared with the halving effect???
It just as normal as the current days that are getting passed out, it's just that the value of BTC that miners will be getting per block will get halved, so what's new???
And if the price won't rise, miners will either wait or leave, but that won't happen as there are many big firms involved in mining and they have many reasons except to get their coins sold at higher prices, they want BTC to be used everywhere and so, mining won't shut down all of a sudden...
I think there will happen nothing special at all. There are allot of people who dont mind if he just not fall to much off course. But it would be not so funny is there is no price rise before the halfing.
asrilani

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:26:55 AM

I think the price rise from the early this year price of $400 to $580 now is the result of the halving effect.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:02:19 PM

I think the price rise from the early this year price of $400 to $580 now is the result of the halving effect.

except the halving didn't even start yet.

this is all just speculation, and chinese fleeing capital controls.
Juhagic

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 12:30:33 PM

Even though the halving will be on 10 July, the effect can be on the market several months before it.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 12:38:21 PM

Even though the halving will be on 10 July, the effect can be on the market several months before it.

which it did. the price started to increase in 2015 and till now it's not over yet. we have a month to go to the block halving, and within that month literally anything can happen. i definitely expect another bull run to start at the end of this month, or else at the very beginning of next month. just make sure you hold enough coins that you can sell at the peak!
asrilani

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:33:08 PM

The recent price rise could be caused by the halving. There is no other big news to drive the price up 25%.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:19:57 PM

The recent price rise could be caused by the halving. There is no other big news to drive the price up 25%.

As quoted the halving impact might be, but for this we can't say on halving we won't get price increase. By situation if there is not much increase after halving periodic increase might take place.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:55:27 PM

As quoted the halving impact might be, but for this we can't say on halving we won't get price increase. By situation if there is not much increase after halving periodic increase might take place.
The real reason behind the recent rise is speculation pump, to attract unexperienced players and be able to unload at higher prices. there is nothing fundamental behind this rise and thus I would expect a drop as sudden as the rise soon.

this space is intentionally left blank
asrilani

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:04:51 PM

If there is no price rise after halving, some miners will shut off their miners, that will cause long confirmation time and reduce the transaction speed.
Dwelach

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:18:30 PM

Well there will be no price rise after the halving. Why would there be any rise?
I nknow the supply will shrink that's right... But what's important is that so many people already stored btc in order to sell after the halving that it doesn't really matter! The shrinking supply will be compensated by the enormous amount of people ready to sell :3

It depends on if there are new users of the bitcoin. If there is no new application of the bitcoin, the price will not rise.

there is always new applications for bitcoin which will always continue bringing new people into bitcoin. if you follow the news more often you will see these applications in real world.

in my opinion two of the biggest news recently was the steam accepting bitcoin and also the release of OpenBazzar.

These two are very important. The gamers might be interested in bitcoin as general and they can help the adoption.
If that happens than there will be a lot of people that is going to be mad because they want to have the price increase so they can also sell it with a lot of profit.
And they waited a long time for it because it was also stable for a long time so that is bad and the time must now be soon that we can sell it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: