Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: prices differences in asian exchanges  (Read 479 times)
coinzat (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:48:58 PM

In the last few month, I noticed that Chinese exchanges like okcoin has higher price than others.
But today it turned upside down and coinbase has the higher priced and Chinese one has the lowest .

Can someone explain what is happening to me ?

Does it mean Chinese are driving the market to go down now ? And they are selling ?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:55:38 PM

It is said that Chinese sometimes drive the market... Not sure if this is true, you'd be better searching for answers on this on the Speculation sub-forum Cheesy

Fees are non existent on Chinese exchanges so that might help explaining volumes and price differences. Chinese people are also known for being bullish, having lots of coins and playing the market a lot.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:07:54 AM

i always find that in the run up to christmas the price seems to go up and then there is a down turn December, maybe this is the start of that same cycle.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:35:29 AM

the demand is not perfectly synchronized among all exchange, it's perfectly normal to have some differences  between all the exchange, in fact you retrieve the average vaalue and send it to preev

this is a good opportunity some time for arbitrage
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:10:15 AM

i always find that in the run up to christmas the price seems to go up and then there is a down turn December, maybe this is the start of that same cycle.

Bitcoin price’s pump and dump is normal But When I exchange my some of the bitcoin is Asian market traders in Localbitcoins. They gave me the good value When compare to European market traders. I don’t How its possible for them. But I got benefit because of them.
biggbox

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 08:11:55 AM

In the last few month, I noticed that Chinese exchanges like okcoin has higher price than others.
But today it turned upside down and coinbase has the higher priced and Chinese one has the lowest .

Does it mean Chinese are driving the market to go down now ? And they are selling ?

I am unsure if the following is still true, this piece is dated 28 March 2014

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/28/bitcoin_china_pboc_ban/

The move is another blow to Bitcoin’s international credibility and stability, given that China is thought to comprise more than half of global trade in the currency.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
hexitor

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:22:34 AM

It's just some exchange rate issues. You have to know that there's limits on how much forex Chinese households can purchase in a calendar year.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 10:08:29 AM

The price differs on all exchange websites and it depends on the buyers/sellers as well who cause these price fluctuations. Recently Gemini also had an issue due to an error with one market order which made the price reach $2200. Chinese exchanges trade at 10% market which increase and due to this, the prices too are high on such exchange websites.

I use bitcoin kan app to compare the prices and choose the least one while trading.

nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:52:48 PM

I believe the statement regarding the Chinese driving the market to be true. It appears the Chinese exchanges are consistently ahead and we are always behind because while when we have no movement ourselves, we take advantage of the arb opportunity, thus pushing our own markets upwards, but not beyond, consistently remaining slightly behind theirs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: