Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Since none of you seem to have noticed...  (Read 2672 times)
TheBible (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 12:23:15 AM

...or are unwilling to point it out, all BFL threads regarding ASIC were dumped in the german off-topic forum.  

I don't expect much discussion on this, since no one of bitcointalk is willing to discuss obvious admin collusion on any number of scams, but I figured someone should bring it up.  You all talk a big game about overthrowing world governments, but you can't even stand up to corrupt admins on an internet message board, and as usual, it falls on goons to keep an eye on your scammers.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll dream up plenty of good reasons for an unannounced concealment of a controversial topic, you always do.  Remember, the harder you believe it, the more true anything you say becomes.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 01:06:04 AM

...or are unwilling to point it out, all BFL threads regarding ASIC were dumped in the german off-topic forum.  

You mean moved?

I don't see many BFL-related deletions:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 02:35:54 AM

You mean moved?

You learn something new every day. I never knew about that page, but now that I've seen it, I wonder what the following is all about:

Remove topic: in topic #127515 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #122581 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #88418 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #92052 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #92373 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #119534 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #120947 by member #0
Remove topic: in topic #120951 by member #0

When I click the "member #0" link it shows that it's me. Is this true for everybody?

Regarding the dozen threads moved to the German Off-topic section, I find that odd. Moreover, if I were German, I would consider such an act as an insult to the German people. There they have a section that can call their own and speak in their native tongue. Now it's just a dumping ground. Other (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=11.0) now ranks higher than the German section because of this action.

Isn't it wonderful that we can opening piss off the Germans. The latest non-profit to accept Bitcoin as a donation option is based in Germany--Bund. Bitcoin 100 is having a very difficult time raising a few coins so that we can send to them what's been promised.

I am so lost for words right now with the exception of the following to our German friends: Thank you, Germans, for being part of this community. I speak for a majority of the other members on this board when I say that I'm sorry your German section on this forum is currently being used as a cesspool (no disrespect toward BFL, for this could have been some other issue). I'm sure that in a short period of time you will no longer have to see/read the dozen threads in your section. I'm sure the action taken was just a mistake and the party(s) involved will make it right.

Thank you, Germans, for your wonderful support in the Bitcoin community.

~Bruno K~
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:43:00 AM

You mean moved?

You learn something new every day. I never knew about that page, but now that I've seen it, I wonder what the following is all about:

When I click the "member #0" link it shows that it's me. Is this true for everybody?

Regarding the dozen threads moved to the German Off-topic section, I find that odd. Moreover, if I were German, I would consider such an act as an insult to the German people. There they have a section that can call their own and speak in their native tongue. Now it's just a dumping ground. Other (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=11.0) now ranks higher than the German section because of this action.

Isn't it wonderful that we can opening piss off the Germans. The latest non-profit to accept Bitcoin as a donation option is based in Germany--Bund. Bitcoin 100 is having a very difficult time raising a few coins so that we can send to them what's been promised.

I am so lost for words right now with the exception of the following to our German friends: Thank you, Germans, for being part of this community. I speak for a majority of the other members on this board when I say that I'm sorry your German section on this forum is currently being used as a cesspool (no disrespect toward BFL, for this could have been some other issue). I'm sure that in a short period of time you will no longer have to see/read the dozen threads in your section. I'm sure the action taken was just a mistake and the party(s) involved will make it right.

Thank you, Germans, for your wonderful support in the Bitcoin community.

~Bruno K~

Yep, it's true for me too.
Also, I don't know what on earth happened to the BFL threads as we mods operate on a volunteer basis and don't receive a stipend on our actions. I'll enquire to see if anyone moved the threads, and why.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 03:01:48 AM

What. The. Hell?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=64.0
Bitcoin 100

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 03:48:02 AM

Yep, it's true for me too.
Also, I don't know what on earth happened to the BFL threads as we mods operate on a volunteer basis and don't receive a stipend on our actions. I'll enquire to see if anyone moved the threads, and why.

I switched accounts to see the results myself plus I'm going to send out some PMs for a donation drive. I see what you mean now. I was taken aback there for a while. I'm better now.

I'm glad you're looking into this important issue, John. My action above (under Phinnaeus Gage) was not meant as harm toward BFL or Diablo, if he's the one that performed such action. Something just seems amiss and needs to be looked into and rectified if a mistake was made.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 03:58:33 AM

I don't expect much discussion on this, since no one of bitcointalk is willing to discuss obvious admin collusion on any number of scams, but I figured someone should bring it up.  You all talk a big game about overthrowing world governments, but you can't even stand up to corrupt admins on an internet message board, and as usual, it falls on goons to keep an eye on your scammers.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll dream up plenty of good reasons for an unannounced concealment of a controversial topic, you always do.  Remember, the harder you believe it, the more true anything you say becomes.

Yeah, that's quite interesting. I wonder what the explanation is.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 07:59:46 AM

It's pretty easy to move something to one of the foreign ot by accident, they're the same name in the drop down box, just under a different category which will have already scrolled out of view at that point. It's pretty unlikely he's covering for BFL, there's definitely no love lost between them.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 04:17:08 PM

Diablo did it. FWIW I seriously doubt anyone paid him anything for it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:00:09 PM

Moving them to the German off-topic section was a mistake. It's easy to pick the wrong section named "Off-topic" when moving. This has happened several times before. I just renamed the German off-topic section to make this less likely in the future.

If you think that DiabloD3 should not have moved these topics from Mining at all, create another topic about that. I'm suspicious of this action, though I don't follow the mining scene at all, so I don't know if it was appropriate.

By the way, I think that TheBible is an alt of Matthew N. Wright based on IP logs. Funny how Matthew is now worse than Atlas.

Those are all deletions of redirection topics like "MOVED: BFL and the law." I'm not sure how they got deleted or why they're listed as being deleted by member #0. Maybe the forum auto-deleted them for some reason.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 06:54:01 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2012, 08:42:16 PM by theymos

I know TheBible to be a dedicated member of this community.  He is a miner. . .

of comedy gold.  
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 09:43:54 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2012, 09:54:28 PM by Rassah

By the way, I think that TheBible is an alt of Matthew N. Wright based on IP logs. Funny how Matthew is now worse than Atlas.

That is a horrible insult to Matthew N. Wright, and you should apologize  Angry  (j/k)

Seriously, though, The Bible is a SomethingAwful goontard who thinks Bitcoin is monopoly money only used by autistic Randian retards. He would never even entertain the thought of buying or using Bitcoin, let alone start a magazine about it.

BTW, TheBible, if you're reading this, tell gfanikf that the IT guys he keeps asking about are likely talking about Usenet (or whatever that old NNTP forum like service is that let's you download wares in chunks). Copyright agencies finally pushed enough on VISA and PayPal to block payments to Usenet providers, and they were forced to either switch to Bitcoin or shut down.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 10:51:16 PM

That is a horrible insult to Matthew N. Wright, and you should apologize  Angry  (j/k)

Seriously, though, The Bible is a SomethingAwful goontard who thinks Bitcoin is monopoly money only used by autistic Randian retards. He would never even entertain the thought of buying or using Bitcoin, let alone start a magazine about it.

BTW, TheBible, if you're reading this, tell gfanikf that the IT guys he keeps asking about are likely talking about Usenet (or whatever that old NNTP forum like service is that let's you download wares in chunks). Copyright agencies finally pushed enough on VISA and PayPal to block payments to Usenet providers, and they were forced to either switch to Bitcoin or shut down.

I thought the MNW thing was funny too, but otherwise what's the big deal? So they guy's on SA. Not like he's made it difficult to spot, he uses the same name for chrissakes. And he doesn't think much of BTC? Big deal, most people don't.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 12:08:56 AM

I thought the MNW thing was funny too, but otherwise what's the big deal? So they guy's on SA. Not like he's made it difficult to spot, he uses the same name for chrissakes. And he doesn't think much of BTC? Big deal, most people don't.

What did I say  to prompt that reply? I don't care if they don't like btc.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:31:44 AM

It's Diablo being a dick, again.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 01:17:25 AM

I thought the threads going to German Off-topic was funny.  I'm disappointed to learn that it wasn't intentional.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 02:58:12 AM

I thought the threads going to German Off-topic was funny.  I'm disappointed to learn that it wasn't intentional.

Twelve threads moved to the German section, then moved out. But to where? I only found a couple in English Off-topic. Now it's like 'Hunt the Boeing'.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 03:14:00 AM

+1
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 04:52:51 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2012, 05:02:52 AM by BadBear

I thought the threads going to German Off-topic was funny.  I'm disappointed to learn that it wasn't intentional.

Twelve threads moved to the German section, then moved out. But to where? I only found a couple in English Off-topic. Now it's like 'Hunt the Boeing'.

Look harder.

Also, I don't think TheBible is matthew, he spent a lot of time 'investigating' his school. Looking back over the SA bitcoin threads though, he's been posting in them for a year and a half now, with like 300 posts in the current one. That's a lot of time spent on "monopoly money", but everyone values their time differently I guess.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 05:00:07 AM

Look harder.

I think I stepped in some bear shit.  Grin

With that, I'm goin' to this-one-is-too-soft bed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: