Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is with the flood of bogus spam posts?  (Read 1364 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:34:51 PM

There's plenty of patrollers and most of them have nothing to do half of the time. If you want to be a mod keep on reporting as there are users with several thousands of posts reported and they'll likely be at the top of the que.

How many is several?  Grin
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:40:44 PM

Only an admin could give you the right answer to that. However it is obvious that the number of those users is going to be growing as time passes.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:44:05 PM

There's plenty of patrollers and most of them have nothing to do half of the time. If you want to be a mod keep on reporting as there are users with several thousands of posts reported and they'll likely be at the top of the que.

I know Sho has 7k, cyrus(Patroller/section-moderator) has pretty much over 15k(can't remember, pruned all my messages  Undecided ). Over 10k(accuracy matters too) should get you pretty well noticed. 1-2k , I'd say, is pretty much the average of people who regularly report.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:00:26 PM

I know Sho has 7k, cyrus(Patroller/section-moderator) has pretty much over 15k(can't remember, pruned all my messages  Undecided ). Over 10k(accuracy matters too) should get you pretty well noticed. 1-2k , I'd say, is pretty much the average of people who regularly report.
Both Mitchell and me have well under 1000, and have had even less when we joined the staff. So technically the statement is wrong (depending on what you mean by noticed). I also think that your average range is wrong, but that would have to be confirmed by theymos. It's been a long time since he has updated the list of people with the most amount of reports.

I think we need one or two temporary moderators who can only nuke newbies and delete newbie posts, whoever is spamming seem to be intensifying their efforts
We don't. If you are seeing an increase in the number of posts that haven't been handled or the time until they get handled it is because my activity has gone down. I'm quite busy ATM; before I was handling the spam ~16hours a day.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:36:33 PM

Both Mitchell and me have well under 1000, and have had even less when we joined the staff.
Well people were asking about being patroller specifically for handling these spam threads, seems like a fair estimate, considering Mitchell and you were made Section moderators(a bit different from the regular patrollers , AFAIK), and you were "needed" at the right time and had the "devotion" .
I also think that your average range is wrong, but that would have to be confirmed by theymos.
Pretty much many guys have around that number(AFAIK), specifically the ones who know what the feature is even for.
but that would have to be confirmed by theymos.
You must've missed the news, I'm an alt of QS, of which 99% of the forum members, are alts. Theymos' belongs to the same "Alt group".
before I was handling the spam ~16hours a day.
Half of them must've been mine  Tongue
I sometimes wonder if you have a life or ever go to bed?
  Roll Eyes
P.S: You shouldn't question your main(account)
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 10:44:35 PM

Roll Eyes
P.S: You shouldn't question your main(account)
I never said that I'm on the forums for that long. The reports page is put on refresh while I'm doing my work on my system (which takes up most of my day).

Well people were asking about being patroller specifically for handling these spam threads, seems like a fair estimate, considering Mitchell and you were made Section moderators(a bit different from the regular patrollers , AFAIK), and you were "needed" at the right time and had the "devotion" .
That's true, however ATM there is 0 need for anyone. There is only a small lack of moderation sometimes but it's a specific 2 hours (way early in the morning for Europe).

You must've missed the news, I'm an alt of QS, of which 99% of the forum members, are alts. Theymos' belongs to the same "Alt group".
Oh yeah, I've forgotten about that one.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:42:10 AM

It seems like they've started to copy & paste other people's posts now so that people have a chance of falling for it and replying to the threads.

They post in both Bitcoin Discussion and Mining now, I believe something needs to be done...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: