Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tarmi - bought legendary account - starting an altcoin with a self modded thread  (Read 817 times)
GSpgh (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:07:16 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 04:28:57 PM by GSpgh

tarmi asked to start a scam accusation thread about him/her so I'm happy to oblige

What happened:
There is fairly solid proof (below) that "tarmi" account was being sold in July and likely sold later (November?) as the gap and change in posting style shows. Now tarmi started an altcoin called "coinbuilder" and uses a self-modded thread. Yeah I know this is the usual MO for altcoins these days... still an account sale is worth a red tag isn't it?

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=81301

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1111201.msg11805249#msg11805249 (account sale)
https://archive.is/hdUU2#selection-1823.0-1901.3 (gap and then ann)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1287935 (altcoin)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307868 (a new thread for the altcoin)

Amount Scammed:
None yet, ICO in progress

Payment Method:
BTC

Proof of Payment:
https://c-cex.com/?p=build-btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:35:54 PM

A Neutral would suffice unless there is a good certainty of a scam/scamming.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Winalunt

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:35:09 AM

There is none proof though. I mean he could get a benefit of doubt with the above proof's present in the OP.
People change a lot and their interests too , even if we consider you accusation to be true then what was/is scammed ?
GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:53:02 AM

There is none proof though. I mean he could get a benefit of doubt with the above proof's present in the OP.
People change a lot and their interests too , even if we consider you accusation to be true then what was/is scammed ?

ok i understand the "not scammed anyone yet" part but there is no benefit of the doubt to be given on the account sale. He/she clearly didn't buy the account just to enroll into sig campaign - went straight to launching a coin.

Doesn't bother me, i'm not dealing with altcoins anyway but this is as shady as it gets. With a 100% premined ICO the trust in the dev by definition has to be 100% without even a shadow of a doubt and there is a lot more than a shadow here.
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:28:22 AM

maybe he bought the account so as to people believe his concept of CoinBuild.

see even if his account now is legendary, u are doubting it and digging stuff about him. imagine he having a lesser account.. some cunning shit people would have speard rumors about it being scam and shit coin and SOME SCUM BAG would have stole the idea itself.

jsut have a little faith .. people are tryng to do somthing differnt .. who is asking u to invest alot into it initially

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:22:05 PM

see even if his account now is legendary, u are doubting it and digging stuff about him. imagine he having a lesser account.. some cunning shit people would have speard rumors about it being scam and shit coin and SOME SCUM BAG would have stole the idea itself.

jsut have a little faith .. people are tryng to do somthing differnt .. who is asking u to invest alot into it initially

that's exactly what's wrong with this - using a legendary account to make the project look more trustworthy than it is

why would anyone think that's an acceptable practice is a puzzle to me

or how being a legendary could prevent the idea from being stolen, or benefit the project in any other meaningful way

errorcoin22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:03:23 PM

Passing yourself off as somebody else, to garner trust? You see nothing wrong with this?
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:22:08 AM

What you guys are saying is true as well. we are stuck in a dilemma .... so in the end how do we trust someone... what criteria do we see ?
he maybe a genuine or may not

GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:49:34 AM

What you guys are saying is true as well. we are stuck in a dilemma .... so in the end how do we trust someone... what criteria do we see ?

how about not buying into any ICOs or other distribution methods that scamdevs come up without even releasing a wallet

Let them develop the product/service, show that it works, then pay if you need/want it. you know like most of the economy works... then it wouldn't matter if it's a noob or a legendary.

but that's not going to happen because common sense is no match for greed and stupidity.

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:33:55 AM

how about not buying into any ICOs or other distribution methods that scamdevs come up without even releasing a wallet

Let them develop the product/service, show that it works, then pay if you need/want it. you know like most of the economy works... then it wouldn't matter if it's a noob or a legendary.

but that's not going to happen because common sense is no match for greed and stupidity.

Well said mate.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:04:39 AM

A Neutral would suffice unless there is a good certainty of a scam/scamming.

I left neutral trust on this account quite some time ago.

I've been worried about what the buyer might do with this account.
GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:29:50 PM

not sure why tarmi needs multiple threads for the coin but there's a new one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307868.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: