Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHART] Bitcoin Inflation vs. Time  (Read 1072903 times)
kotik085

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 07:09:45 PM

The graph perfectly shows the bitcoin chart. And the higher, the bitcoin becomes higher in price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alhamza24

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 05:33:11 AM

https://www.coincurb.com/news/great-run-for-digital-currencies/
Bitcoin is widely accepted but according to economists, it has a long run to cover.
charlesmichel1

Activity: 147
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 06:13:39 AM

Cool! It's look like Bitcoin economy is going to be recession immune. Sooo... is Bitcoin mining still profitable? 
si14bet

Activity: 886

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 11:43:21 PM

Cool! It's look like Bitcoin economy is going to be recession immune. Sooo... is Bitcoin mining still profitable? 

Of course no, only if you using free electricity and loan technical equipment and its location..
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 11:31:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

???I don't know why should it be like that for me it s not so clear

For a lot of people it is not very clear, but when the train starts going, they are trying to catch up, even if it is still not clear to them why the train is going.. and it becomes a kind of panic chaos.. .that is still not clear, even though it would have been better to have been at least partly on the train rather than chasing it. 

You have your own choices, regarding your level of preparedness attempts, or not... or just to continue to be "not so clear"
I agree, everyone should have their own choices, we must not make choices because of others but, because of our own. If people make their own choices, I believe in the end they would not have any regrets because it is their own choice that they have putted trust into.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
themohit

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2020, 02:55:44 PM

For a lot of people it is not very clear, but when the train starts going, they are trying to catch up, even if it is still not clear to them why the train is going.. and it becomes a kind of panic chaos.. .that is still not clear, even though it would have been better to have been at least partly on the train rather than chasing it. 

You have your own choices, regarding your level of preparedness attempts, or not... or just to continue to be "not so clear"
I agree, everyone should have their own choices, we must not make choices because of others but, because of our own. If people make their own choices, I believe in the end they would not have any regrets because it is their own choice that they have putted trust into.
I don't believe that every person has the ability and personal quality to make own decision every time.
Moreover I don't think they should be like that.
In current era I think people should rely on social media influencers and those should think twice before making any move or giving any piece of info to their followers.
I mean no man can know and understand anything, but one can find another to trust

O W N R   W A L L E T      ❱      Create EOS accounts and manage EOS in an HD wallet      ❰      BTC, EOS & other coins
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱      Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay      ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER          App Store  ]          FULL EOS SUPPORT          [ Google Play ]          REDDIT   YOUTUBE
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 31, 2020, 05:21:41 PM
Merited by blue Snow (1)

I don't believe that every person has the ability and personal quality to make own decision every time.
Moreover I don't think they should be like that.
In current era I think people should rely on social media influencers and those should think twice before making any move or giving any piece of info to their followers.
I mean no man can know and understand anything, but one can find another to trust

That's ridiculous.

Be responsible for yourself.

Being responsible for yourself does not mean that you are going to be successful or even come to the right decisions all of the time, and of course, if you have mental deficiencies, then you are going to need to rely on someone else, but I am merely attempting to assume normal and regular people have mental faculties, ability to learn and abilities to learn how to sort good information from bad information while creating their own planning and strategies around that.

Surely, over the years we learn from others, and when we are younger, we don't know as many things, so in that regard it is good and prudent to have some humbleness in attempting to learn from others, while at the same time, we are responsible for our actions and the management of our portfolios.

Of course, anyone has the ability to also contract out financial management while understanding that there are fees involved with that, but bitcoin allows way more abilities to directly interact with the asset.

There is a lot of good advice and suggestions on this forum in order that members can learn various prudent strategies and practices, such as don't invest more than you can afford to lose (meaning make sure that you are prepared to pay your ongoing expenses no matter what because you don't want to be forced into cashing out any bitcoin at a time that is other than your own choosing). 

Accordingly, it takes quite a bit of time to learn about all of these various financial management practices, whether we are talking about bitcoin or any other investment assets, and surely, I would recommend a lot of caution regarding investing in shitcoins for a variety of reasons, but anyhow just getting back to understanding yourself and your personal financial situation has to do with getting a grip on various aspects of your own circumstances including your cashflow, your other investments, your timeline, your view of bitcoin versus your other assets, your risk tolerance (including managing such risk), and your skills and time available to manage your portfolio (including researching/learning, trading, reallocating and tweaking from time to time). 

Getting a grip on these various aspects of your own circumstances take time, and yeah if you rush into rash approaches that involve gambling while trying to get rich way the fuck quicker than is feasible, then you are surely taking a lot of chances that you might end up losing any principle that you have built, or if you believe that you can engage in leverage trading, then that takes extreme high level skills that may be akin to gambling that have considerable chances of turning out badly. 

So maybe traditionally it could take a whole lifetime to build up a portfolio in which you might consider yourself rich, and there are a lot of young people who have historically talked a pretty BIG ass game, but statistics show that a large number of people do not succeed in terms of really establishing and maintaining situations that are very well off for them, which should also involve figuring out ways to live well within your means, and so you are always building an investment portfolio that at some point grows to such a level that you are able to live off the income from the size of your investment portfolio.  Standards of living will vary, too, so a person could become independently wealthy on less than $500k of principle, if his monthly expenses are sustainably below $1,667 per month. 

Other people are going to feel like they need more than that to be happy or able to generate enough income to sustain themselves with their lifestyle, and maybe they might paint themselves into a corner of never being able to pull the fuck you lever if their requirements to live are way higher than any principle that they are able to accumulate. 

So for example, acquiring a principle of $2million should be able to sustain a passive income of $6,667 per month, and many of us would believe that to be sufficiently enough, even in western economies, but if you choose to have higher expenses or to live in the middle of an expensive area, you might need twice that amount....

Yet a lot of the problem for people to establish fuck you status remains the inclination to gamble too much and to NOT sufficiently focus on the importance of actually building their principle to a sufficiently high enough level to sustain themselves sufficiently.  Sure anyone could get lucky and reach such "fuck you" status in less than 30 years or less than 15 years, but those are frequently considerable exceptions to the rule, and striving to rush the process will more likely cause failure to achieve such "fuck you" status rather than attempting to plan the longer game that concentrates on building principle and continuously stacking away principle in such a way that allows you to recognize a point in which that principle is going to be enough to sustainably pull the fuck you lever. 

You don't get these kinds of personal assessment skills by either relying on others or contracting out your thinking to others, and you are only going to get the requisite money management and wealth acquisition skills by attempting to employ them yourself, prudently practicing them, learning from your likely inevitable various mistakes and tweaking your system and approach on a sufficiently "as needed" basis.  Even if you get lucky with some gambling investment that you made, you still need to figure out ways to both preserve the gains and to figure out ways that your gains are sufficiently and adequately working for you.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
mrgou

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 03:30:11 PM

Would anyone be able to share the dataset or, preferably, functions for the two plot lines used to generate this graph?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 06:05:16 PM

Would anyone be able to share the dataset or, preferably, functions for the two plot lines used to generate this graph?
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

mrgou

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 09:00:33 PM

Thanks, but I wouldn't know where to look...
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 12:44:40 AM

... the first line (blue) is a simple geometric function that halves the slope of increase every 210,000 blocks (initial slope 50 bitcoin per block), increasing linearly between each halving. The second (red) line is derived from that, first derivative.

mrgou

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 06:53:21 AM

... the first line (blue) is a simple geometric function that halves the slope of increase every 210,000 blocks (initial slope 50 bitcoin per block), increasing linearly between each halving. The second (red) line is derived from that, first derivative.

Ah,thanks! That's what I was looking for!  Smiley
jargom

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 09:31:42 PM

Sad should we wait for so long till 2030>!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 02:53:53 AM

Actually, if you are just getting started in bitcoin, then 10 years would be a pretty good investment timeline to build up the quantity of your bitcoins.

In the scheme of things, even 10 years is fairly short for an investment timeline and to really establish your position, even though bitcoin has shown the ability of investors to profit quite well in the short term, too.   Yet, many times traditional investment timelines tend to take 30 years or longer to really bear fruit... and frequently there will be needs for persistence and even smart investment and preserving capital while building capital.

In regards to bitcoin, there could be up to 3 upwards and downwards cycles between now and 2030, though, so it is good to prepare for those kinds of cyclical possibilities, too... .even though none of the BTC price action matters are even close to guaranteed, there are merely a variety of decent BTC price prediction models, that so far seem to be valid, which would include the stock to flow model amongst the most well known of the current seemingly valid BTC price prediction models.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
jargom

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 07:32:43 AM

Actually, if you are just getting started in bitcoin, then 10 years would be a pretty good investment timeline to build up the quantity of your bitcoins.

In the scheme of things, even 10 years is fairly short for an investment timeline and to really establish your position, even though bitcoin has shown the ability of investors to profit quite well in the short term, too.   Yet, many times traditional investment timelines tend to take 30 years or longer to really bear fruit... and frequently there will be needs for persistence and even smart investment and preserving capital while building capital.

In regards to bitcoin, there could be up to 3 upwards and downwards cycles between now and 2030, though, so it is good to prepare for those kinds of cyclical possibilities, too... .even though none of the BTC price action matters are even close to guaranteed, there are merely a variety of decent BTC price prediction models, that so far seem to be valid, which would include the stock to flow model amongst the most well known of the current seemingly valid BTC price prediction models.
I mean less than year it was pretty much upwards and downwards that;s make me kinda doubt about 2030
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 10:39:02 AM

I mean less than year it was pretty much upwards and downwards that;s make me kinda doubt about 2030

Of course, there are no guarantees in bitcoin, so if you have any knowledge of bitcoin, then you should use that knowledge to figure out how much of your wealth that you would like to put into bitcoin.  I surely do not believe in all or nothing investing, but if you are a young investor, it might be practical for you to start out with one investment while you are expanding the kinds of things that you invest in, and while you are building your investment portfolio.

Some people make mistakes regarding what they invest in, and other people make mistakes by not investing at all.

But, you still need to ask yourself if you are not investing into bitcoin, then what are you going to invest in, and if you have some competing investments, then maybe you would choose to put somewhere between 1% and 10% into bitcoin, while investing the rest of your capital into other kinds of investments.  Ultimately, people are not going to choose the same, and also people are going to have varying degrees of performance too.

So the personal factors that you figure out for yourself should be: your cashflow, your other investments, your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, your risk tolerance, your timeline, and your skills, time and abilities to research, manage and tweak your investments from time to time, including trading, if any.  People are going to be in different places, including different if you can afford to invest some lump sum or if you only can invest $10 per week or maybe you can afford $200 per week, but if you have 10 years as your investment horizon, something like dollar cost averaging, even a small amount, might end up working out better in terms of NOT being so worried about what is going to happen in 2030, if anything... and if you are really worried about it, then maybe if you have $100 per week to invest, , you only put $1 to $10 into bitcoin in such a way that feels comfortable to you, and whether you are correct or not is a risk that you have to take for yourself, because other people do not know either, they merely have theories and some of those theories are more likely to be better theories and some theories are going to NOT look so good, when we look back 10 years from now.

PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 05:51:31 PM

I believe in bitcoin. But despite this, I will not risk investing part of the capital in bitcoin for 10 years. It is better to choose gold - even if I increase my capital, but at least I will not lose. Because how Bitcoin will behave in 10 years is unknown.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 04:14:32 AM

I believe in bitcoin. But despite this, I will not risk investing part of the capital in bitcoin for 10 years. It is better to choose gold - even if I increase my capital, but at least I will not lose. Because how Bitcoin will behave in 10 years is unknown.

Of course, your choice, yet there are a decent number of people who are going to figure out ways tto invest in bitcoin in ways that don't really hurt them, in the even that they lose everything, but that they would also be in a decent position to potentially profit stupendously from bitcoin in the event that it does perform anywhere close to the asymmetric bet that it presents.

You may be presented with a great once in a lifetime opportunity to invest in something (referring to bitcoin) that seems to be such a great asymmetric bet, but sure, do what the fuck you want, if you believe that you are better off with gold, then that is your choice in the event that you believe that you have to choose one or another.

By the way, for more than 10 years before I got into bitcoin (I got into bitcoin in late 2013), I had been considering investing in gold in order to hedge my dollar-based investments, and surely, I considered almost all of my other investments to be dollar based or dollar dependent in some kind of way... and some of my explorations into gold was causing me to consider gold to have a bit too many dollar dependencies too and including several complications that seemed to be considerably less problematic in bitcoin in terms of various attributes that bitcoin has in regards to its scarcity, verifiability, portability, divisibility and even some of the various third party complications that come with buying/selling, securing and/or transporting gold.  So, I suppose that part of my receptivity towards bitcoin soon after learning about bitcoin came from my desire to find an investment that was kind of like gold but seeming to have fewer problems that I had perceived to have been in gold, and the case for bitcoin is way the fuck stronger than it was in late 2013 when I started or even in 2014 while I was building my initial investment into bitcoin while continuing to study it.

So, I have some troubles with how you could be so hot and heavy about gold when there are a whole hell of a lot of challenges with gold, likely little upside, and even current generation of investors are likely to increasingly learn similar things to me in terms of appreciating bitcoin to be much better than gold in a variety of ways, so in that regard, you are likely to witness ongoing gravitation of value into bitcoin and some of that value is also going to come from gold bugs either migrating over to bitcoin or at least hedging some of their investments with bitcoin instead of gold.. which seems to be happening more and more and more, even if you want to stick with that historical relic of an investment that is likely to continue to underperform bitcoin, just like it has done in the past 10 years.. gold is likely to continue underperform bitcoin in the coming 10 years... and we will see... we will see.. hopefully you figure it out rather than assuming that shininess or the fact that you can snuggle up with your gold bars or coins actually means value, when it may well be more of a burden than it is worth.. except perhaps having some gold in small portions.. just for funzies... rather than a practical long term investment hedge/compliment.

Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 03:16:08 PM

why not doing both?
Like is more than 0s and 1s.
if you're in a hurry and think 10 years is too long you could still adjust exposure to bitcoin and gold in a desired %.

but take into account that upside for BTC is much higher than for gold.
bitcoin scarcity will never change (code is law)

gold amount could change in the world, we could find new spots to mine it or even asteroids
(have you seen this? https://theprint.in/opinion/giant-asteroid-has-gold-worth-700-quintillion-but-it-wont-make-us-richer/260482/ )

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hawaii88

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 02:05:09 PM

price of bitcoin is victorious and can be told launch to the moon these days. the question further is "can it possibly reach more than the current price in the upcoming months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: