Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Human Resources" discussion  (Read 1210 times)
worhiper_-_ (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:02:02 AM

It seems like this Human Resources thing has started several promotional campaigns in bitcointalk. I thought I'd start an uncensored topic for everyone to discuss the matter freely.

Link to what seems to be an affiliated profile:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=667743
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:03:34 AM

It seems like this Human Resources thing has started several promotional campaigns in bitcointalk. I thought I'd start an uncensored topic for everyone to discuss the matter freely.

I think this is being discussed in Meta section already regarding his post's
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1305606.0
worhiper_-_ (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:09:37 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2015, 02:25:01 AM by worhiper_-_

I think this is being discussed in Meta section already regarding his post's
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1305606.0

That's different, the OP there is questioning whether or not having multiple signature campaigns is ok. I posted in service discussion for general discussion related to "Human Resources".
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 03:53:57 AM

What's there to discuss? And who's censoring any discussion?

The campaigns look legit (provided they end up paying for the first week.) The one fixed rate campaign that requires 12 posts (of 25) per week be posted in Services Discussion seems a bit excessive, but shitty posts should go through the regular vetting process for all spam. It's the burden of the poster to follow the rules of the campaign and the forum.

I look forward to hearing what you think the challenge is with this company's campaigns.
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:55:45 AM

The campaign is legit... They've paid for all the tasks they've offered thus far and they've already paid hero members up front.

I don't see why not to have multiple campaigns running at once... I think Subtracta is quitting his position so the needed new managers for the fixed rate campaign.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:10:43 AM

The campaigns look legit (provided they end up paying for the first week.) The one fixed rate campaign that requires 12 posts (of 25) per week be posted in Services Discussion seems a bit excessive, but shitty posts should go through the regular vetting process for all spam. It's the burden of the poster to follow the rules of the campaign and the forum.

I look forward to hearing what you think the challenge is with this company's campaigns.

Don't they have the right to have their own rules?
I do think their campaign is legit and I can see they are paying. Its up now for the users to join the campaign and accept the burden to post on Services Discussion. E-coin campaign as far as I know also want the users on their campaign to post on such section.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 04:28:18 AM

I don't see why not to have multiple campaigns running at once... I think Subtracta is quitting his position so the needed new managers for the fixed rate campaign.

Maybe so but it seems a bit sketchy that they ran through 3 other campaigners, a lot of them without real reputation or experience.

subSTRATA is (so far) the only campaign manager of them that I'd trust with anything. I've never heard of the others.

Anyways, I don't really think this is a good representation of their trustworthiness, though, so my view on them is mostly neutral.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 04:39:15 AM

Don't they have the right to have their own rules?
I do think their campaign is legit and I can see they are paying. Its up now for the users to join the campaign and accept the burden to post on Services Discussion. E-coin campaign as far as I know also want the users on their campaign to post on such section.

This rule has been updated, it's now 10 posts and participants are free to spread these across the Services, Service Announcements and Service Discussion sub-sections.
Of course campaign owners are free to set their own rules, it's the participant's responsibility to be honest about being able to meet the requirements and not spam. There have been  many campaigns that I would've wanted to join because of their excellent rates but I couldn't because they required that a certain number of posts be made in the gambling section, one of the few sections I truly feel I don't have a lot to contribute to (I've have never been interested in gambling).
QQ88

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:41:18 AM

The campaigns all have different requirements, so I think it's fair for them to create separate threads for each campaign.

Furthermore the matter was never censored...
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:29:30 AM

ObscureBean (and anyone else who will comment)

That is an interesting project you are involved with.  At some point I should work up the intellectual energy to explore PGP, the Dark Net and related technologies.  A big job, as I have no one to teach me, and I am no pro.

Whatever you can tell us about your project would interest us all.  

Good luck!
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 10:11:16 AM

ObscureBean (and anyone else who will comment)

That is an interesting project you are involved with.  At some point I should work up the intellectual energy to explore PGP, the Dark Net and related technologies.  A big job, as I have no one to teach me, and I am no pro.

Whatever you can tell us about your project would interest us all.  

Good luck!

Well first off, it's not my project, it's merely a signature campaign I'm participating in, you should check out the website. I've heard of PGP plenty enough times, I know it has to do with encryption and that you can 'sign' messages using it but that's about it, I've never researched it. Same goes for Dark net, I know it's a network built on top of the regular internet,  that you need special software to access it and that people usually use it to remain anonymous.
Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than myself will be able to explain them better to you  Smiley
worhiper_-_ (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:09:47 PM

Has anyone had any success contacting them?
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:21:31 PM

There have been  many campaigns that I would've wanted to join because of their excellent rates but I couldn't because they required that a certain number of posts be made in the gambling section, one of the few sections I truly feel I don't have a lot to contribute to (I've have never been interested in gambling).

This is the same position I am in. Even though secondstrade have just decreased there rates and reduced max posts per week it is still the best campaign for me to be in as a member because the higher paying campaigns require you to post in the gambling section and in order for me to post there I would just be spamming because I really have no interest in gambling my hard earned BTCs..

If the HR campaign would open up to member rank users then I would be highly interested in joining them..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:10:26 PM

Maybe so but it seems a bit sketchy that they ran through 3 other campaigners, a lot of them without real reputation or experience.

subSTRATA is (so far) the only campaign manager of them that I'd trust with anything. I've never heard of the others.

Anyways, I don't really think this is a good representation of their trustworthiness, though, so my view on them is mostly neutral.
hey thanks

given their website though, my guess is that they want to make the next evolution market or something, theres not much to indicate a scam as far as 'put your money here, deposit x btc to apply, buy this,' etc, goes. it seems they just want people to create some kind of dark net service, to me at least. they dont ask for personal info or anything else either, and try to keep everything as anonymous as possible, so the possibility of creating an illegal TOR-based service is there.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:27:40 PM

I don't think the legality really matters... We openly discuss dark web markets here, so why not humanresources?
worhiper_-_ (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:30:12 PM

I don't think the legality really matters... We openly discuss dark web markets here, so why not humanresources?

With that said, I've been thinking that HR might be a honeypot, what would be an argument against this? Any evidence?
entertheabyss

Activity: 588

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:25:32 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 07:48:04 AM by entertheabyss

I am suspicious of this. I have asked around within the darknet community, 1 person I know has applied and got an generic, possibly automated response back.

The main issues are:

1) Lack of Professionalism - their website is shitty and they want people to use thebox which is some shitty generic onionland messaging system. They do not have a publicly listed email contact or persona for managing the website.

2) Overwhelming shadiness. Total lack of transparency, nobody knows who is running it or anybody that has used it. Its unclear who they are hiring for. They dont have an FAQ or any interactive public outreach on any forum. The only information i could find is on there website.

People that operate darknet enterprises, like to have reputations, outreach and other stuff to let people know they are legit. Not sure about these guys. It would make more sense to have a listing page where people could post resumes and hiring opportunities then intrested parties could browse and hire select from a list of choices, with a built in escrow system. They manner in which they are operating is murky, inefficient and a bit n00bish. Its not a hiring platform its just a busybody trying to make a cut off a networking position. in the onionland early days you had people like this but now the scene is a bit more developed. Although who knows, it might become a very successful service.

Its a good idea, I'll probably end up launching a jobs marketplace on the ExchangeD.I2P platform later in 2016

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

✔️ Rainbot
✔️ Daily Quests
✔️ Faucet
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 07:46:24 AM

With that said, I've been thinking that HR might be a honeypot, what would be an argument against this? Any evidence?

SO you're not upset about their signature campaign practices, you're upset or questioning the actual business they run, providing jobs, etc.?

I think you should let the market handle this...bad businesses end up going out of business. However, it would be interesting to get a report from someone on their success or failure using the service.
entertheabyss

Activity: 588

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:52:23 AM

SO you're not upset about their signature campaign practices, you're upset or questioning the actual business they run, providing jobs, etc.?

I think you should let the market handle this...bad businesses end up going out of business. However, it would be interesting to get a report from someone on their success or failure using the service.

Providing jobs for who though?
If i was looking to hire someone for to build a darknet application i want a service where people list their resumes and had a reputation system so i could see some choices. sending this guy a pm on "thebox" is sketchy as fuck. i doubt they are hiring for themselves,

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

✔️ Rainbot
✔️ Daily Quests
✔️ Faucet
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:27:41 AM

aside from legality they are also not so caring on anonymity issues.I mean promoting the website or darknet service openly on ll forums is uite not wise i would say.There is a lot spam on reddit too and just social networking sites are to be left.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: