Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meanwhile on Wikipedia...  (Read 9895 times)
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 09:43:40 PM

and generally poor, with completely ignorant misunderstanding on business or finance.

Yeah, they totally missed out on 7% weekly returns with a guy named Pirate.  Fucking idiots.  They wouldn't even take the astute financial advice of a true captain of industry who also happens to be a Spongebob Squarepants fanatic.  Losers.  And like the morons they are, they haven't even dished out the money to preorder a BFL ASIC rig.  They don't even understand how awesome furry sodomy art is!  Goddamn it; fuck goons. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 09:56:03 PM

and generally poor, with completely ignorant misunderstanding on business or finance.

Yeah, they totally missed out on 7% weekly returns with a guy named Pirate.  Fucking idiots.  They wouldn't even take the astute financial advice of a true captain of industry who also happens to be a Spongebob Squarepants fanatic.  Losers.  And like the morons they are, they haven't even dished out the money to preorder a BFL ASIC rig.  They don't even understand how awesome furry sodomy art is!  Goddamn it; fuck goons.  

You do realize that only a small fraction of people here invested in pirate, or preordered from BFL, right? I mean, how many people complained about losing money from pirate, and hedged with Matthew? 40? Out of 60,000 registered bitcoiners? How many preordered BFL devices are there? Maybe 275, with many people making multiple pre-orders? I suspect the ratio of Bitcoiner idiots to those who are just minding their own business, discussing things that have nothing to do with scams or general dumbfuckery, is about even with the ratio of sensible and rational goons to those who are the idiot loosers who make up the majority of that forum. Seriously, you have Three-Phase, ymgve, and maybe even greyhawk, who have some sense and understand what's going on, in a pool of retards who are all just "Bitcoin is dumb! Bitcoiners are dumb! I said what everyone else here thinks (even though I have no idea why)." F'in bunch of retards....
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 10:42:30 PM

Either way it's starting to go from sad, to very very annoying...
lol... I agree with you but there's no need to get so angry and frustrated, because that's exactly the response they want from you. They're playing a childrens game and the way to win is to be the more mature one. There's no need to "fight" them or get angry about this, the way of the wise will win in the end, and we wont need to do anything. Just let bitcoin take its natural course and eventually it will be impossible for them to fight against it. I agree with casascius here, we need to simply play the waiting game and try again in a few months. Partaking in a childish edit war will solve nothing. Let them have their "win" here and now, it means absolutely nothing.
I'm not angry or frustrated. I know all about them.

Annoyed yes... These people are big for nothings.

They been on the net for a while so they have a bit of collective time on us.

However, everything else they have going SUCKS.

1. Site layout : vBulletin with a SHITTY 1999 AOL styled skin.
2. Crappy Originals: Flat, boring, unfunny, and overall irrelevant. I go on their site alot just to see if their main stories ever improve, and it seems like every week they go from omg not funny to just slit my wrist this shit sucks balls unfunny ( I love comedy btw, one of my favorite genres). Seriously all of their original material sucks.
3. Spammy forum: I have never seen so many people with the same exact identical opinion in my life. I can't figure out which idiot is further into the other ones ass, sorta like an endless black hole of mediocrity and overall moronity.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 10:47:35 PM

Yeah, they totally missed out on 7% weekly returns with a guy named Pirate.  Fucking idiots.  They wouldn't even take the astute financial advice of a true captain of industry who also happens to be a Spongebob Squarepants fanatic.  Losers.  And like the morons they are, they haven't even dished out the money to preorder a BFL ASIC rig.  They don't even understand how awesome furry sodomy art is!  Goddamn it; fuck goons.  

F'in bunch of retards....
Or paid. Would be cool if we launched a collective investigation to see who's funding that neo-nazi (yeah I said it) group. They literally go after ANYONE, and last time I checked this isn't South Park.

Libel laws do exist.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:51:53 PM

Or paid. Would be cool if we launched a collective investigation to see who's funding that harassing group. They literally go after ANYONE, and last time I checked this isn't South Park.

Libel laws do exist.

Trust me, they wish they got paid. A lot of them are very poor. A lot are also living at home, and thus have time to dick around on the web. If they were being paid, whoever was doing it would be getting a rather shitty return for their money, as their attacks on things are largely unsuccessful, and at most just somewhat annoying. Even Anonymous, a group of unpaid volunteers, does a vastly better job at attacking things than these jokers.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 10:58:45 PM

Or paid. Would be cool if we launched a collective investigation to see who's funding that harassing group. They literally go after ANYONE, and last time I checked this isn't South Park.

Libel laws do exist.

Trust me, they wish they got paid. A lot of them are very poor. A lot are also living at home, and thus have time to dick around on the web. If they were being paid, whoever was doing it would be getting a rather shitty return for their money, as their attacks on things are largely unsuccessful, and at most just somewhat annoying. Even Anonymous, a group of unpaid volunteers, does a vastly better job at attacking things than these jokers.
You have a point Cheesy.

These kids are like the D-List Anonymous.

No real knowledge or power, just time to kill and spew their misery.

If there are are "poor" kids in SA. I don't feel sorry for them one bit....

Get the fuck off the comedy forum, and GET A JOB.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:02:46 PM

Or paid. Would be cool if we launched a collective investigation to see who's funding that neo-nazi (yeah I said it) group. They literally go after ANYONE, and last time I checked this isn't South Park.

Libel laws do exist.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:18:27 PM

Libel laws do exist.

It is safe to say that the fuel powering the malicious machinery that is SA, is quite likely "welfare".
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:39:18 PM

It is safe to say that the fuel powering the malicious machinery that is SA, is quite likely "welfare".

I doubt that, too, although they DO have a huge issue with anything that resembles FY;GM, which wouldn't give them anything they feel their needs entitle them to. I'd say "I wonder why that is?" but honestly I never cared.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:51:05 PM

Too easy, don't you think?

Go read that SA thread where they engage in a circle-jerk over how badly Bitcoin sucks. See the groupthink. Then consider that's what this forum looks like to them. See what pisses you off most about what the SA folks say and do, and make sure you don't do it yourself, because that's all just primate dominance dynamics, nothing to do with actually furthering any cause beside self-aggrandization.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Zeeks

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 12:16:31 AM

I don't know a ton about the SA site but I do know that they seem to be a part of a lot of internet roots. 4chan was started by people from SA for example.
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 04:41:40 AM

Why are you talking about SA?

Someone on the talk page proposed a separate section on that wiki page for currencies without an ISO currency code. I think that's a reasonable compromise at least for the time being. If Bitcoin continues to grow in terms of awareness, adaptation, and valuation, then eventually it would be unthinkable not to include it on a list of currencies.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 06:15:27 AM

Why are you talking about SA?

Someone on the talk page proposed a separate section on that wiki page for currencies without an ISO currency code. I think that's a reasonable compromise at least for the time being. If Bitcoin continues to grow in terms of awareness, adaptation, and valuation, then eventually it would be unthinkable not to include it on a list of currencies.

I also think that a well-written page on crypto/alternative currencies in general is going to do more to promote awareness of the alternatives to conventional financial systems than the whole "make them treat Bitcoin like a mainstream currency" agenda.  It's kind of like putting "Jedi" as your religion on a census form.  You might think it's cute and sticking it to the establishment in some way, but does it really do anything to promote awareness or does it make you come across as a twelve year old trying to be edgy.  Wiki wars just create the impression that people are too lazy/incompetent to write their own well-researched article and need to hijack someone else's.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 06:18:46 AM

Academic papers?  Changing the minds of SA goons who vandalize Wikipedia pages?

Luring women into your man cave using Pokemon cards is likely to be more effective than that.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 03:24:33 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2012, 12:40:28 AM by Rassah

Sorry, I feel I need to explain this statement a bit better

Quote from: Rassah
Also, just remember that those cool kids at school usually end up with really shitty lives. SA is no exception (crappy, dead-end jobs, living in the middle of nowhere, REALLY boring lives, and generally poor, with completely ignorant misunderstanding on business or finance. A bunch of them are Occupy types)

I don't mean that they are bad or have less worth because they are poor. I don't think someone's current net worth necessarily says much about them. My own net worth only finally went from negative to positive this September. There are plenty of examples of Mr. Douche Moneybags out there, especially from people who simply inherited their money. And there are a TON of examples of poor people busting their asses dawn to dusk to support their families and strive to get to something better. Especially in the much maligned illegal alien community. I admire those people. Specifically those with the drive to move forward, the curiosity to learn, explore, and improve their lives. The types of poor that I don't like, and that I see among a lot of SA's ranks, are the complacent kind of poor, who are poor in money, motivation, curiosity, and culture, and are comfortable where they are. They are the types who live in Small Town, Middle America, working hard, dead-end jobs, living in the middle of nowhere, and have no interest in doing anything more, or traveling outside of their town, because they "have everything they need right here." Or the types that are like that, who also are often complaining about having too little money, crappy families, and not enough to do where they're at, but yet don't bother to do anything about it. All they do is moan, but are too comfortable where they are, and too afraid to attempt to change.
Maybe I'm just biased by the few people in SA I know personally, who do actually live in those poor, uninteresting situations, but considering one of the main points of SA's ridicule is that Bitcoiners are flailing around, trying to be "Randian supermen," whom they make fun of at every opportunity whenever someone tries to throw out wild ideas for starting a business, or invests in mining equipment, while their status quo is to just be a good little 9-to-5, tax-paying, obedient citizen, it makes me think that my bias is warranted.

I'm also now fairly convinced that SA works on their own self-feeding bias. Their whole point is to laugh at other's expense, so the only links that end up on their forums are ones some members track down about someone failing miserably. And sure, we have people like logansryche and others who may not be all right in the head, had a few people who did blow a ton of money on mining equipment at precisely the wrong time because they didn't bother doing their finance homework, and had idiots investing tons of money in things that were obviously too good to be true. If that's all you ever read when on that forum (and it usually is, since that's the point of it), then you would obviously have a pretty bad view of Bitcoin and bitcoiners, while completely missing that a majority here does have good business ideas (or are at least willing to risk and learn from mistakes), did run the math and are making actual profits on mining, and don't invest in stupid scams. Most just stay quiet, some ridicule the same people SA does.
One quote I remember best from one of my teachers - "If you get cut off by people in traffic, you will just assume "bad driver" and carry on. If you are told that Asians are bad drivers, and then you get cut off by people in traffic, you will actually look to see if the person is Asian, and validate your own prejudice that "Asians are indeed bad drivers, or ignore it if they aren't. That's how racism works - it's a self-feeding loop" We're all likely guilty of that at some level.
/rant

TL;DR "I don't hate poors; I just hate the bad kind of poors."
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 05:37:14 PM

Sorry, I feel I need to explain this statement a bit better

Quote from: Rassah
Also, just remember that those cool kids at school usually end up with really shitty lives. SA is no exception (crappy, dead-end jobs, living in the middle of nowhere, REALLY boring lives, and generally poor, with completely ignorant misunderstanding on business or finance. A bunch of them are Occupy types)

I don't mean that they are bad or have less worth because they are poor. I don't think someone's current net worth necessarily says much about them. My own net worth only finally went from negative to positive this September. There are plenty of examples of Mr. Douche Moneybags out there, especially from people who simply inherited their money. And there are a TON of examples of poor people busting their asses dawn to dusk to support their families and strive to get to something better. Especially in the much maligned illegal alien community. I admire those people. Specifically those with the drive to move forward, the curiosity to learn, explore, and improve their lives. The types of poor that I don't like, and that I see among a lot of SA's ranks, are the complacent kind of poor, who are poor in money, motivation, curiosity, and culture, and are comfortable where they are. They are the types who live in Small Town, Middle America, working hard, dead-end jobs, living in the middle of nowhere, and have no interest in doing anything more, or traveling outside of their town, because they "have everything they need right here." Or the types that are like that, who also are often complaining about having too little money, crappy families, and not enough to do where they're at, but yet don't bother to do anything about it. All they do is moan, but are too comfortable where they are, and too afraid to attempt to change.
Maybe I'm just biased by the few people in SA I know personally, who do actually live in those poor, uninteresting situations, but considering one of the main points of SA's ridicule is that Bitcoiners are flailing around, trying to be "Randian supermen," whom they make fun of at every opportunity whenever someone tries to throw out wild ideas for starting a business, or invests in mining equipment, while their status quo is to just be a good little 9-to-5, tax-paying, obedient citizen, it makes me think that my bias is warranted.

I'm also now fairly convinced that SA works on their own self-feeding bias. Their whole point is to laugh at other's expense, so the only links that end up on their forums are ones some members track down about someone failing miserably. And sure, we have people like logansryche and others who may not be all right in the head, had a few people who did blow a ton of money on mining equipment at precisely the wrong time because they didn't bother doing their finance homework, and had idiots investing tons of money in things that were obviously too good to be true. If that's all you ever read when on that forum (and it usually is, since that's the point of it), then you would obviously have a pretty bad view of Bitcoin and bitcoiners, while completely missing that a majority here does have good business ideas (or are at least willing to risk and learn from mistakes), did run the math and are making actual profits on mining, and don't invest in stupid scams. Most just stay quiet, some ridicule the same people SA does.
One quote I remember best from one of my teachers - "If you get cut off by people in traffic, you will just assume "bad driver" and carry on. If you are told that Asians are bad drivers, and then you get cut off by people in traffic, you will actually look to see if the person is Asian, and validate your own prejudice that "Asians are indeed bad drivers, or ignore it if they aren't. That's how racism works - it's a self-feeding loop" We're all likely guilty of that at some level.
/rant

The latter part of your post reminded me of 1984, quoted below in bold: http://douglassocialcredit.com/resources/resources/fromm_erich_afterword_%20to_%20george_orwell.pdf

To them "power is
not a means; it is an end. And power means the capacity to inflict unlimited pain and suffering to another
human being"[3]. Power, then, for them creates reality, it creates truth. The position which Orwell
attributes here to the power elite can be said to be an extreme form of philosophical idealism, but it is more
to the point to recognize that the concept of truth and reality which exists in 1984 is an extreme form of
pragmatism in which truth becomes subordinated to the Party. An American writer, Alan Harrington, who
in Life in the Crystal Palace [4] gives a subtle and penetrating picture of life in a big American corporation,
has coined an excellent expression for the contemporary concept of truth: "mobile truth." If I work for a big
corporation which claims that its product is better than that of all competitors, the question whether this
claim is justified or not in terms of ascertainable reality becomes irrelevant. What matters is that as long as
I serve this particular corporation, this claim becomes "my" truth, and I decline to examine whether it is an
objectively valid truth. In fact, if I change my job and move over to the corporation which was until now
"my" competitor, I shall accept the new truth, that its product is the best, and subjectively speaking, this
new truth will be as true as the old one. It is one of the most characteristic and destructive developments of
our own society that man, becoming more and more of an instrument, transforms reality more and more
into something relative to his own interests and functions. Truth is proven by the consensus of millions; to
the slogan "how can millions be wrong" is added "and how can a minority of one be right." Orwell shows
quite clearly that in a system in which the concept of truth as an objective judgment concerning reality is
abolished, anyone who is a minority of one must be convinced that he is insane.
BorderBits

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 09:24:19 PM

I think it's now fair to say that the entire SA "group" is nothing more than a bunch of paid shills. I don’t know who they work for, but it’s obvious they have an agenda.

They attack without reason, and will do anything to have it their "way".

Guess what you moronic, narcissistic, degenerate excuse for scum.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT YOUR WAY.

My Bitcoins are MINE, and you will never have your "way" with them... How much does that piss you tree-swinging monkeys off? That you can’t control & manipulate Bitcoin like all the other “systems” that your handlers have "blessed" us with? Does it piss you off that people are all now collectively starting to awaken to the invisible chains that you stupid neanderthals gleefully and voluntarily put on each and every single day.  

Or are you all just a bunch of sad degenerate nerds looking to ruin other peoples work, because you lack any sense of creativity or direction yourselves.

Either way it's starting to go from sad, to very very annoying...

Don't rattle a bees nest SA.... You may not like the result.

https://soundcloud.com/borderview/my-bitcoins-are-mine-featuring
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 11:41:02 AM

I don't think trolling is allowed on this board.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:01:08 AM

Now that BTC is listed by http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ perhaps it's time to revisit this talk page since "it isn't listed on sites like xe.com" was one of the issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Highest-valued_currency_unit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: