Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No Block Source Avaliable - Bitcoin-QT  (Read 1365 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:41:02 PM

It is working fine now. Thank you for your support and suggestions.

I have updated its priority on taskmgr.exe to high.

There is no need to do that. It will - if anything - only make other things slower.

Yes Shorena, I changed it back a few minutes after I did it. My fan got too warm. Also, it slowed down the display of my computer and since then, Norton Internet Security has flagged up an error saying it is using high sis usage. However, I assume this is normal!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:01:35 PM

There is no need to do that. It will - if anything - only make other things slower.

Yes Shorena, I changed it back a few minutes after I did it. My fan got too warm. Also, it slowed down the display of my computer and since then, Norton Internet Security has flagged up an error saying it is using high sis usage. However, I assume this is normal!

High CPU usage durring sync is normal. If your system overheats because of that you might want to look into that though. If its an older system it might be just dust clogging the air circulation.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:51:23 PM

High CPU usage durring sync is normal. If your system overheats because of that you might want to look into that though. If its an older system it might be just dust clogging the air circulation.

It is fine. I would expect this from a computer that is around 6 years old.

It has been underclocked for its entire use, so that keeps its CPU very well.

When new, it was at 2.3GHz dual core - 4.6GHz! As soon as I changed the priority it stopped overheatng.

I would also expect for it to go at least 50 megabytes per hour. I think that tht is a reasonable assumption for it.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 09:55:45 AM

It is fine. I would expect this from a computer that is around 6 years old.

It has been underclocked for its entire use, so that keeps its CPU very well.

When new, it was at 2.3GHz dual core - 4.6GHz! As soon as I changed the priority it stopped overheatng.

I would also expect for it to go at least 50 megabytes per hour. I think that tht is a reasonable assumption for it.

Considering that the blockchain (blocks folder only) currently uses 57.4GB I hope you can do more than 50 MB per hour or it would take you > 40 days to fully sync.

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:36:40 PM

~snipped~
Considering that the blockchain (blocks folder only) currently uses 57.4GB I hope you can do more than 50 MB per hour or it would take you > 40 days to fully sync.

I have run it for about 6 hours flat! The blocks folder (on its own) is:
13.4 GB (14,399,550,285 bytes)

and contains 223 files and 1 folder!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 05:48:06 PM

~snipped~

I have run it for about 6 hours flat! The blocks folder (on its own) is:
13.4 GB (14,399,550,285 bytes)

and contains 223 files and 1 folder!

2GB per hour sounds better. It will slow down a bit for the last year, but it should not take longer than 2-3 days total.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: