Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:37:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The space launchings aren't putting food on your table.  (Read 10581 times)
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:48:26 AM

Ah it's you again  Grin
NASA has a very high ROI. It makes back all the money put into it and more:
http://www.nss.org/settlement/nasa/spaceresvol4/newspace3.html

A huge number of modern technologies were invented by the Space Program:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies

Exactly how would you have the slightest clue about whether or not NASA "makes back all the money put into it".
Uhhh because it's right in the article I linked... Independent studies have shown NASA has a very significant ROI. Here kiddo I'll spoon feed you:

"Estimates of the return on investment in the space program range from $7 for every $1 spent on the Apollo Program to $40 for every $1 spent on space development today."

If you believe in cutting back on wasteful government spending then I'm right there with you, but NASA barely even gets a budget and makes the paltry sum it uses back.

Here are just some of the technologies NASA invented or improved:
https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html
These technologies have saved countless lives.

Yeah, independent studies and experts. Not sure how seriously I can take all that. And I doubt that the stuff that NASA is supposed to have invented wouldn´t have been invented anyway if it´s so crucial, hugely profitable  and life saving. But at this point I think they really need to re-invent a way for man to venture safely out of low earth orbit. They haven´t managed that for over 40 years now and I guess in a few decades more the people that fund this organization will be getting tired of waiting.

ace45954

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:49:28 AM

Ah it's you again  Grin

Exactly how would you have the slightest clue about whether or not NASA "makes back all the money put into it".
Uhhh because it's right in the article I linked... Independent studies have shown NASA has a very significant ROI. Here kiddo I'll spoon feed you:

"Estimates of the return on investment in the space program range from $7 for every $1 spent on the Apollo Program to $40 for every $1 spent on space development today."

If you believe in cutting back on wasteful government spending then I'm right there with you, but NASA barely even gets a budget and makes the paltry sum it uses back.

Hm, interesting. Thank you for that info. Going back to my other thread topic though, are the lives that were saved useful and beneficial lives to society? After all, we don't want Snooki lives being saved.
Roll Eyes Yes, you'll be happy to know that many of the lives saved were of individuals who were otherwise able bodied and functional and useful to society.  Grin

For example the digital signal processing used in CAT and MRI scans was innovated by NASA

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
ace45954

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

Ah it's you again  Grin

Yeah, independent studies and experts. Not sure how seriously I can take all that. And I doubt that the stuff that NASA is supposed to have invented wouldn´t have been invented anyway if it´s so crucial, hugely profitable  and life saving. But at this point I think they really need to re-invent a way for man to venture safely out of low earth orbit. They haven´t managed that for over 40 years now and I guess in a few decades more the people that fund this organization will be getting tired of waiting.

"Not sure how seriously I can take all that." Then don't, live in a parallel universe where NASA never invented or contributed anything. "And I doubt that the stuff that NASA is supposed to have invented wouldn´t have been invented anyway if it´s so crucial, hugely profitable  and life saving." Well that's only an opinion, and even if that's true, NASA still made back the money it used.

NASA makes tons of money off patents alone but can't keep it because that money goes to the treasury They also can't commercialize the products they make.

"But at this point I think they really need to re-invent a way for man to venture safely out of low earth orbit. They haven´t managed that for over 40 years now and I guess in a few decades more the people that fund this organization will be getting tired of waiting."

IIRC, NASA has had a shoestring budget since the Apollo days and like I said before, they can't keep the patent money they make.

████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
galdur

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:05:36 AM

Well, in my parallel universe technology doesn´t go backwards. Here they don´t go to the moon, then spend some time circling the earth in low orbit, then even stop that and start figuring out how to survive radiation in outer space. No, here technology always move forwards. We just keep getting better everything.

galdur

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:10:52 AM

A Force Field for Astronauts?

Researchers are reviving an old but wild idea to protect astronauts from space radiation.

June 24, 2005: Opposite charges attract. Like charges repel. It's the first lesson of electromagnetism and, someday, it could save the lives of astronauts.
NASA's Vision for Space Exploration calls for a return to the Moon as preparation for even longer journeys to Mars and beyond. But there's a potential showstopper: radiation.
Space beyond low-Earth orbit is awash with intense radiation from the Sun and from deep galactic sources such as supernovas. Astronauts en route to the Moon and Mars are going to be exposed to this radiation, increasing their risk of getting cancer and other maladies. Finding a good shield is important. ...

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2005/24jun_electrostatics/

ace45954

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:16:17 AM

Well, in my parallel universe technology doesn´t go backwards. Here they don´t go to the moon, then spend some time circling the earth in low orbit, then even stop that and start figuring out how to survive radiation in outer space. No, here technology always move forwards. We just keep getting better everything.
Well as I said before, NASA budget was drastically slashed after Apollo Program effectively neutering its pioneering spirit.
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-04-30-Presentation1-thumb.jpg

And to add insult to injury, it can't even make its own money because again, it can't keep its patent revenue or sell commercial products. Even so, despite everything, NASA has still managed to develop new technologies in recent years.

Researchers are reviving an old but wild idea to protect astronauts from space radiation.

June 24, 2005: Opposite charges attract. Like charges repel. It's the first lesson of electromagnetism and, someday, it could save the lives of astronauts.
NASA's Vision for Space Exploration calls for a return to the Moon as preparation for even longer journeys to Mars and beyond. But there's a potential showstopper: radiation.
Space beyond low-Earth orbit is awash with intense radiation from the Sun and from deep galactic sources such as supernovas. Astronauts en route to the Moon and Mars are going to be exposed to this radiation, increasing their risk of getting cancer and other maladies. Finding a good shield is important. ...

How is this a step backwards? Several astronauts on the Apollo program have died from cancer. That was a short-term mission. A long-term mission to the Moon or Mars is a one-way ticket to malignant tumors and empty hair follicles. Why wouldn't they want to research into how to prevent this?

galdur

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:27:23 AM

Well as I said before, NASA budget was drastically slashed after Apollo Program effectively neutering its pioneering spirit.

And to add insult to injury, it can't even make its own money because again, it can't keep its patent revenue or sell commercial products. Even so, despite everything, NASA has still managed to develop new technologies in recent years.

How is this a step backwards? Several astronauts on the Apollo program have died from cancer. That was a short-term mission. A long-term mission to the Moon or Mars is a one-way ticket to malignant tumors and empty hair follicles. Why wouldn't they want to research into how to prevent this?

Well, they can´t claim to have been unaware of space radiation and its harmful effects 45 years ago, right? Has it been proven that those astronauts died from a cancer linked to that radiation? I guess they´re still dying from regular old age at least some of them.

It is a technological step backwards if you send men to the moon and bring them back and then show no signs of being able to repeat that feat for half a century. Who know, maybe someone will be wondering in half a century more when they´ll get out of low earth orbit.

ace45954

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:35:00 AM

Well, they can´t claim to have been unaware of space radiation and its harmful effects 45 years ago, right? Has it been proven that those astronauts died from a cancer linked to that radiation?
They knew about the radiation but went through with the missions anyway because the doses weren't lethal for the amount of time they spent outside the magnetosphere. They were dangerous amounts, but not immediately deadly. "Has it been proven that those astronauts died from a cancer linked to that radiation? " Well you can't really prove it because only 24 astronauts left lower-earth orbit so the sample size isn't great. But, food for thought, the odds of a man dying from leukemia is 7.0 per 100,000 and leukemia is the form of cancer most commonly associated with radiation. Alan Shepard went on Apollo 14 and he died of leukemia. In addition many Apollo astronauts got cataracts believed to be caused by radiation: http://emmrem.unh.edu/papers/general/cataracts.pdf

If they had been on a length months/years long mission to Mars or spent that amount of time on the Moon, they'd've probably died.

galdur

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:48:52 AM

As far as I can tell 17 of those 24 are still alive which isn´t a bad average since they´re all 80+ years old, I guess.

ace45954

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:57:59 AM

As far as I can tell 17 of those 24 are still alive which isn´t a bad average since they´re all 80+ years old, I guess.
True but like I said, the amount of radiation they received during a short mission wasn't enough to be catastrophic to their health (for most of them). Also, the people chosen as astronauts are exceptionally healthy and fit so most of them live pretty long and they probably get really great healthcare.

Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake
The most damning evidence against the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy is that Russia, China, India, and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon and taken pictures of the Apollo landing sites. If the Lunar Landings were a hoax why didn't the USSR show everyone? Can you imagine the amount of prestige the US would lose in the eyes of the world if they faked the landings? It'd be great news for the Soviets.

galdur

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:16:34 AM

True but like I said, the amount of radiation they received during a short mission wasn't enough to be catastrophic to their health (for most of them). Also, the people chosen as astronauts are exceptionally healthy and fit so most of them live pretty long and they probably get really great healthcare.

The most damning evidence against the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy is that Russia, China, India, and Japan have all sent probes to the Moon and taken pictures of the Apollo landing sites. If the Lunar Landings were a hoax why didn't the USSR show everyone? Can you imagine the amount of prestige the US would lose in the eyes of the world if they faked the landings? It'd be great news for the Soviets.

Where are those pictures? I saw some supposedly recent NASA pictures that were frankly laughable. Looked like they were taken in the seventies. I guess it´s another example of their backwards technology. If over 40 years isn´t enough for them to produce pictures of the vehicles they left there I´ll have to doubt that they´re parked up there at all.

ace45954

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:23:49 AM

Where are those pictures? I saw some supposedly recent NASA pictures that were frankly laughable. Looked like they were taken in the seventies. I guess it´s another example of their backwards technology. If over 40 years isn´t enough for them to produce pictures of the vehicles they left there I´ll have to doubt that they´re parked up there at all.
I'll find them for you after I get some sleep. It's really late where I am and I'm tired lol

galdur

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:28:53 AM

I'll find them for you after I get some sleep. It's really late where I am and I'm tired lol

All right, no problem, There´s no hurry, we´ll be here tomorrow.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:00:31 AM

According to many opinions and calculations, even the small couple of minutes that it takes astronauts to go through the Van Allen Belts that surround earth is enough to fry anybody.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
ace45954

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:07:14 PM

All right, no problem, There´s no hurry, we´ll be here tomorrow.

Alright I'm back:
Hmm I stand corrected on other countries taking pictures of landing sites directly. None of the pictures and data are exactly beautiful because most of the data is from orbital probes rather than landers. The SELENE lunar probe launched by JAXA (Japan's space program) and Chandrayaan-1 (launched by India's space program) were not equipped with cameras powerful enough to photograph the sites. They did however record lighter colored disturbed soil in the area of the Apollo 15 lander, likely kicked up when it landed. The Soviet Union and several other countries tracked the Apollo Missions the by radar on their way to the moon and back. The Chinese have landed several probes on the moon but all the pictures they took are classified.

The only probe to take decent pictures of the landing site was the LRO which was launched by NASA, although the data and camera were under the control of various third party groups including some universities. Even the planted flags were visible, except on the Apollo 11 mission site which matches Buzz Aldrin's story which is that the flag was knocked over by exhaust when they left.

Hopefully this project will get some pictures: http://lunar.xprize.org/

According to many opinions and calculations, even the small couple of minutes that it takes astronauts to go through the Van Allen Belts that surround earth is enough to fry anybody.

Smiley
Which is why they avoided the most radioactive parts of the belt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuH4rxda3Z4
http://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/apollo-rocketed-through-van-allen-belts

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:23:29 PM

Smiley
Please explain to us, then, what exactly those huge moon rockets DID.

What did Apollo 8 do?  Where did it go?
Did Apollo 13 actually have three guys in it?
What actually happened to Grissom and his companions?
What was the actual path of the Apollo 16 vehicle?  Start with low earth orbit, and then the transfer to lunar orbit, and the supposed landing and return. 
Where did the "Moon rocks" come from, if guys did not go to the Moon and bring them back?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:27:18 PM

It is a technological step backwards if you send men to the moon and bring them back and then show no signs of being able to repeat that feat for half a century. Who know, maybe someone will be wondering in half a century more when they´ll get out of low earth orbit.
"Repeat a feat?"

Neither science, astrophysics or space science has as any of it's goals "repeating a feat."
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 08:01:30 PM

Smiley

What was the actual path of the Apollo 16 vehicle?  Start with low earth orbit, and then the transfer to lunar orbit, and the supposed landing and return. 
Where did the "Moon rocks" come from, if guys did not go to the Moon and bring them back?

No, YOU explain it. Because those guys couldn't have gone through the Van Allen Belts and lived.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 08:06:29 PM

"Repeat a feat?"

Neither science, astrophysics or space science has as any of it's goals "repeating a feat."

Play baby! You pick on a few words just to cover up the fact that we were promised throughout the '50s and '60s a living habitat on the moon - a moon base where we could go and live and visit - which we don't knowingly have even now.

There might be some diabolic reason for this gigantic NASA scam. But the closer we examine the space program, the more we see it is a scam. And now they are trying to do it again, just to screw a new generation.

Smiley

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 08:45:58 PM

...clip...

Sorry dude but the rockets travel in an arc and go into the ocean and the moon rocks are just petrified wood.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: