Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Amagi Metals - Best Prices of Gold & Silver for Bitcoins  (Read 135740 times)
Bitweasil

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:58:50 PM

Why do images of coins tend to have a black background (the flat area)?  Is this something done to prepare coins for photography, or do some coins actually have a black base painted on?

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iASIC

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

AMA BCT

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:51:07 PM

Why do images of coins tend to have a black background (the flat area)?  Is this something done to prepare coins for photography, or do some coins actually have a black base painted on?

They are proof coins, and polished very well before release.
amagimetals (OP)

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 05:44:02 PM

They are proof coins, and polished very well before release.

Yes! Thank you very much for helping with the questions. These depict Proof-Like Rounds which have a polished mirrored background.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:20:17 PM

We posted a picture of gold and btc on our FB page with some questions.

https://www.facebook.com/AmagiMetals

Would you prefer $100k in gold, or $100k in btc? If you had to wait 5 years before receiving it, which would you choose?

It may be a little biased in the BTC forums, but we wanted to see what you had to say about it!

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:08:27 PM

Are bitcoin transactions over 10K USD, reported to IRS?

Just searched and found your answer, thanks: "According to the Financial Crime Enforcement Network (FinCEN), we are not a Money Service Business (MSB). Luckily we do not have to have all the rules, regulations, and lawyer fees that MSB's must have. However it is required by law that we have an anti-money laundering (AML) policy, and we do have one. The basic premise of the AML policy is that we must know our customers. We must be vigilant of customers laundering money for terrorist activities and other illegal activities. Because of the AML policy, we are required to say that you may not use a fake name for shipping/billing.

Disregarding the above, it is not recommended to use a fake name for a few other reasons. If you use a fake name, the shipping service may not deliver the goods to your house because the name does not match the owner of the house. If a signature or signature + identification is required (for very large orders), you may be shooting yourself in the foot because the carrier will most likely not leave the goods with you. This may also void any insurance claims if a shipment is lost in the mail.

We keep customer order information indefinitely. However we do not retain or store any payment information on file such as your credit card number, bank account, or bitcoin address. We do value privacy and do not sell or give away any customer information to any other institution. We have a paper shredder and love to use it as much as possible. We do not hand any information over to any authority unless we receive a warrant. A warrant will ask for a specific persons information.

If you're a terrorist, don't do business with us. If you're spending millions of dollars in bitcoins on gold and silver, then give us a call so we can talk more in depth about AML and IRS reporting. Otherwise, you should not have too much to worry about."
BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:34:05 PM

Thanks for the prompt and efficient service supplying Suns of Liberty quarters recently.

Shipping to UK around 6 / 7 business days from payment.

Great communication and packaging was spot on.

Will you be stocking the SOL ounces when available?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
iASIC

AMA BCT

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:41:59 PM

My tracking ID has been stuck on "obtained electronic information" for like a day now.

Hopefully all goes planned, as I got 2 day shipping and it's been 3 now.  Huh Huh Huh
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:52:50 PM

My tracking ID has been stuck on "obtained electronic information" for like a day now.

Hopefully all goes planned, as I got 2 day shipping and it's been 3 now.  Huh Huh Huh

Could you shoot me an e-mail with your order details or call us? I can verify where the shipment is for you.

support@amagimetals.com

iASIC

AMA BCT

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:51:01 AM

Could you shoot me an e-mail with your order details or call us? I can verify where the shipment is for you.

support@amagimetals.com
It updated, I'll let you know when I get it.
J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

why don't you accept debit?
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 01:16:01 PM

why don't you accept debit?

We do accept debit card. You checkout with a debit card the same way as a credit card. Unless you are referring to some other payment option?

tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 01:49:42 PM

If anyone wants to see some Amagi products reviewed and learn a bit about the customer service, there's a great video here:

http://www.youmeandbtc.com/2013/11/amagi-silver-review.html

iASIC

AMA BCT

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:09:53 AM

EDIT:
I've emailed them the issue, I'd rather not make it public and taint a good reputable website over fear.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:19:32 PM

Amagi, please look at ticket #5092 . Thank you.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
EzCheese

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:17:10 PM

Btc payment option missing for anyone else?
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:36:54 PM

Btc payment option missing for anyone else?

Hi there. Are you referring to the currency selector? Or our website is not allowing you to pay with Bitcoin upon check-out?

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:42:11 PM

I can't see any prices in BTC until I get to the "payment" option in the checkout.

In the absence of BTC-denominated listings, a price ticker would at least let customers manually calculate their total without having to fill out their billing/shipping info and leave an unpaid transaction hanging around in your DB Smiley

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 06:05:31 PM

I can't see any prices in BTC until I get to the "payment" option in the checkout.

In the absence of BTC-denominated listings, a price ticker would at least let customers manually calculate their total without having to fill out their billing/shipping info and leave an unpaid transaction hanging around in your DB Smiley

We took down the currency selector temporarily as this was causing errors on our website. We're looking into a fix. Our apologies for any inconvenience this causes in the mean time.

EzCheese

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:25:28 PM

We took down the currency selector temporarily as this was causing errors on our website. We're looking into a fix. Our apologies for any inconvenience this causes in the mean time.

Ah ha!  Thank you.
J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:14:16 PM

Just made a BTC trade for some gold n silver with them..I'll post feedback,when it lands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: