Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Amagi Metals - Best Prices of Gold & Silver for Bitcoins  (Read 135740 times)
amagimetals (OP)

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:15:44 PM

I'm not sure what else you want. 

I don't want anything else. Now that they have said they will resolve it, and it is NOT conditional on their tapes (like before) I am happy.

I will let everyone know once I get a tracking number and also when the gold in hand.

Thanks. 

What has me confused is why these guys do not seem to be bothered about $15,000 missing. I suspect the owner really knows where the gold is. If it were my company I would be trying to track that down ASAP and see if it got lost or maybe even stolen by a worker. It just blows my mind that they don't seem to be bothered by this at all. But anyway as long as they do make it right with me they can run their business anyway they want I guess.

As for the level of concern we have, the CEO often reminds me that freaking out, being bothered, or being upset isn't doing much for a situation. It's not helpful with researching or figuring out where or how the problem was encountered and how to resolve the issue. I find this to be correct in my experience.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:38:40 PM

What's really concerning is the email I got yesterday that said
"Your order shipped here is the tracking number"

20+ hours later the USPS has no sign of the package entering their system,

I leave support a message and they say:

"Your tracking number will update early next week and show receipt from the post office. We have been short staffed the past few days because of the holiday"

So if you are short staffed, how do you have staff to send me an email with a tracking number, but not actually send the item.

Bitweasil

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:05:13 PM

"Your tracking number will update early next week and show receipt from the post office. We have been short staffed the past few days because of the holiday"

So if you are short staffed, how do you have staff to send me an email with a tracking number, but not actually send the item.

... automation?

Any company handling shipping on their scale is going to have automated systems that handle printing out the packing slips/post office postage/etc.

I have no idea what they are actually doing, but if I were managing a company that shipped a lot of stuff, I'd have a batch process that handled printing out packing slips/postage/etc when all the required quantity was on hand and at the front of the queue (and you get the email when the postage is printed, not when it's actually dropped off), and then have people packing the orders.

Seriously, "automated systems" handle a lot of the stuff that people seem to be imagining is done manually.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
joeventura

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:13:52 PM

... automation?

Any company handling shipping on their scale is going to have automated systems that handle printing out the packing slips/post office postage/etc.

I have no idea what they are actually doing, but if I were managing a company that shipped a lot of stuff, I'd have a batch process that handled printing out packing slips/postage/etc when all the required quantity was on hand and at the front of the queue (and you get the email when the postage is printed, not when it's actually dropped off), and then have people packing the orders.

Seriously, "automated systems" handle a lot of the stuff that people seem to be imagining is done manually.

When I get an email from any major ecommerce site that says my order has shipped its a results of the barcode being scanned on the way out the door.

this is an easy fix to a faulty system. Don't use a system that emails when the label is printed, or change the system so that it waits <insert average time to get the box out the door> hours and then send the email.

You can defend them all you want, I did a small test order to see if I could start making routine purchases, if this order shows up, I will forgive them the holiday rush and try one more, if it also takes weeks to ship then I am done.

Kao

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:50:11 PM

... automation?

When I get an email from any major ecommerce site that says my order has shipped its a results of the barcode being scanned on the way out the door.

this is an easy fix to a faulty system. Don't use a system that emails when the label is printed, or change the system so that it waits <insert average time to get the box out the door> hours and then send the email.

You can defend them all you want, I did a small test order to see if I could start making routine purchases, if this order shows up, I will forgive them the holiday rush and try one more, if it also takes weeks to ship then I am done.

Pretty much every seller will tell you that it could be up to a day before tracking data shows up. Generally that's on the shipping company, not the shipper's end and it may very well be reliant on actual pickup schedules from the shipper. I don't know how Amagi's system works but the way many do, and I'd be the first to say it isn't ideal, is that the email is sent when label is printed but the time between when that happens, it gets put on the box, and the box gets picked up and scanned as picked up by the shipping company could be quite long. The last step being the key one where delays would happen because presumably they're getting a few pickups per day.

You can bitch and moan about it all you want, but any company that tells you that the tracking data will be on Fedex, UPS, or USPS's website instantly when they mark the shipment as outgoing is flat out lying to you.

Edit: This is especially true of late in the day orders from many smaller companies. If your order is late in the day it may not be actually picked up until the next business day so give them at least that long before you start crying foul. Again, that is because many places don't get pickups 24/7.
joeventura

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:56:56 PM

Bought my wife an Otterbox for her new iPhone yesterday,

Email at 1:58pm today said it shipped with the tracking number
3:04pm in the Fedex system marked as picked up.

They didn't lie to me.

Amagi said early next week, that's 4 to 6 days from "Shipped" email.

Please!!!

Kao

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:57:09 PM

I realize that this is something I probably should have asked several orders ago (it honestly slipped my mind and it's never been an issue), and I apologize if this has been asked before, but is Amagi at most two steps removed from the mints? I gather that the company has a supplier but are they buying direct from the US Mint and Royal Canadian Mint, for things like Silver Eagles and Silver Maple Leaves respectively, are are there other suppliers up the chain before getting to the mint?
msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:51:57 AM

USPS is usually slow with their tracking info.  I had a package (not from Amagi) that was at my door before the tracking showed it was enroute, and they never did email me with an update.  I'd expect UPS and Fedex to be more accurate, but sometimes UPS passes packages off to USPS, or maybe vice versa.
joeventura

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:09:34 PM

USPS is usually slow with their tracking info.  I had a package (not from Amagi) that was at my door before the tracking showed it was enroute, and they never did email me with an update.  I'd expect UPS and Fedex to be more accurate, but sometimes UPS passes packages off to USPS, or maybe vice versa.

This is not a USPS problem,

I confirmed this morning that my package is still sitting with Amagi, all they did was print a label.
So it is supposed to ship today. (8 days after I ordered it) and I understand the holidays and who had the flu but I ordered it expecting it to be here by now, now when they attempt to deliver it needing a signature, no one will be there.

amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:25:09 PM

We often print off postage for a whole week at one time as this allows us to focus on the shipments. The postage will be for different dates and when the postage hits the day that we are shipping an automated e-mail goes out letting the customer know about the tracking number that was issued and their package being prepared. There was no way to know that the staff on hand would not be able to prepare all the shipments as expected. I hope that helps clarify why you received the e-mail.

... automation?

Yes!

I realize that this is something I probably should have asked several orders ago (it honestly slipped my mind and it's never been an issue), and I apologize if this has been asked before, but is Amagi at most two steps removed from the mints? I gather that the company has a supplier but are they buying direct from the US Mint and Royal Canadian Mint, for things like Silver Eagles and Silver Maple Leaves respectively, are are there other suppliers up the chain before getting to the mint?

Great question. We are a dealer who buys directly from some private mints however to order from government run mints you need to have a crazy minimum order. We obtain these through our dealers.
USPS is usually slow with their tracking info.  I had a package (not from Amagi) that was at my door before the tracking showed it was enroute, and they never did email me with an update.  I'd expect UPS and Fedex to be more accurate, but sometimes UPS passes packages off to USPS, or maybe vice versa.

This is not a USPS problem,

I confirmed this morning that my package is still sitting with Amagi, all they did was print a label.
So it is supposed to ship today. (8 days after I ordered it) and I understand the holidays and who had the flu but I ordered it expecting it to be here by now, now when they attempt to deliver it needing a signature, no one will be there.

I may be able to pull this from shipping still if you have an alternate address you'd like your order sent to. Please e-mail us with any changes needed. Thank you!

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
joeventura

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:45:18 PM

I'll pick it up from the Post Office thanks
Eb0la

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:54:19 PM

I have placed a few orders with Amagi.  Customer service is great and responded promptly to any and all questions I have asked.  I give them a 10/10 for that!  Shipping times are slow which is okay with me as long as I get my order.  Its not like I am going to do anything other than store the Gold / Silver in my safe. As long as it makes it to me I am happy.  I understand there are delays because I am sure they don't stock all the gold / silver on hand and have to go to their dealer to acquire it. 

They are currently looking into a custom order of gold for me which I am hopeful they will come through and I will further update on that matter later.

So for now I will continue to order from them.  I have 2 outstanding orders just recently placed and expect them to get to me in a few weeks (One order has pre-order items on it)
msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:11:05 PM

I have placed a few orders with Amagi.  Customer service is great and responded promptly to any and all questions I have asked.  I give them a 10/10 for that!  Shipping times are slow which is okay with me as long as I get my order.  Its not like I am going to do anything other than store the Gold / Silver in my safe. As long as it makes it to me I am happy.  I understand there are delays because I am sure they don't stock all the gold / silver on hand and have to go to their dealer to acquire it.  

They are currently looking into a custom order of gold for me which I am hopeful they will come through and I will further update on that matter later.

So for now I will continue to order from them.  I have 2 outstanding orders just recently placed and expect them to get to me in a few weeks (One order has pre-order items on it)
Agreed.  I've placed one order, which arrived safely and well-packed.  I won't hesitate to order again when I'm ready for more.

Also, for anyone who's unaware, you can order plastic cases in various sizes from air-tites.com.
Eb0la

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:08:23 AM

I have placed a few orders with Amagi.  Customer service is great and responded promptly to any and all questions I have asked.  I give them a 10/10 for that!  Shipping times are slow which is okay with me as long as I get my order.  Its not like I am going to do anything other than store the Gold / Silver in my safe. As long as it makes it to me I am happy.  I understand there are delays because I am sure they don't stock all the gold / silver on hand and have to go to their dealer to acquire it.  

So for now I will continue to order from them.  I have 2 outstanding orders just recently placed and expect them to get to me in a few weeks (One order has pre-order items on it)
Agreed.  I've placed one order, which arrived safely and well-packed.  I won't hesitate to order again when I'm ready for more.

Also, for anyone who's unaware, you can order plastic cases in various sizes from air-tites.com.

Thanks for the tip on the cases! 
bruiser

Activity: 68
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:09:59 PM

Well, here's my experience so far with Amagi.

Dec 11th: I placed an order for items that all claimed to be in-stock on their website. It wasn't a huge order, but I make "large" (subjective to me, ~$10-$15,000) purchases of metals 3-4 times a year and I'm looking for a new (and local, Denver area) supplier--especially one that supports BTC.
Dec 16th: I have a notification saying my order shipped but I haven't received anything via e-mail or actually in my mailbox so I contact them asking about the order.
Dec 17th: Jillian responds saying everything will be out by the end of that week (Dec 20th is end of week). She has been very timely and fantastic as a rep, I just wouldn't envy having to deal with people sitting out proportionately large chunks of money with unknown ETAs on a daily basis. Luckily, mine was not a large first order.

Dec 28th: I now ask why I still haven't seen my order after another week--and yes, I gave delays for "shipping company backlogs". Unfortunately, there has been 8 additional working mail days since the last possible day they said they'd have my package out. I've gotten all of my renter's payments via USPS between the 20th and Dec 31st as well as sent mail out to California and Illinois with no issues at all in the same period. It just means they haven't actually dropped my package off into the mail.

Dec 30th: Jillian responds telling me the order would ship today (Dec 30) or tomorrow (Dec 31). My tracking still shows nothing but the fact that they printed a label off half a month ago.

Now, I don't think they're scamming as they wouldn't take the time to respond but I do think they need to give actual estimates on "in-stock" items and work on their timing/telling customers the truth. I know many of us here run small businesses and have to deal with unexpected issues, but I can't fathom a situation where I could pull this over my own customers. I don't think I would sit comfortably being told that a much larger order was perpetually "about to be mailed", either.

I figured after my experiences (and still without any coins) I'd do a search and post.. low and behold there are already a lot of users with similar issues in here.   
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:56:46 PM

I placed an order with Amagi about 2-3 weeks ago and just got an email today with a tracking number.
Unfortuately, tracking number sends me to USPS that reads: Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again.
Maybe, they should add one more employee during the holiday season...

Update:
I received my order today. It took a little less than a month (they were 'in-stock' items). Missed out of giving silver ounces to my nieces and nephews for xmas, but better late than never.
I will order again...although I know to order further in advance for next time.
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 03:47:16 PM

We removed Bitcoin from our currency selector temporarily. We're working on a fix for the errors it was causing with orders coming in with Bitcoin.

jboss

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:01:25 PM

Just got my order today. pretty quick. ordered wednesday.

thanks!!
BitcoinTristate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:50:19 AM

We removed Bitcoin from our currency selector temporarily. We're working on a fix for the errors it was causing with orders coming in with Bitcoin.

Let us know when this is fixed!

From the time of order til received was only 4 Days on a decent size order. Looking to do more business very, very soon!

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:26:00 AM

Let us know when this is fixed!

From the time of order til received was only 4 Days on a decent size order. Looking to do more business very, very soon!

That seems to be very impressive. Faster than average I think.

Did you ever get your 10 ounces of gold?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: