Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 03:10:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar panes as mining rigs?  (Read 5158 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:25:25 AM

i think it would be posible to do this at a great scale, and somewhere where there´s a lot of hours and of sun and cheap electricity, but we are in the same.

It still would be a long term investment even at a great scale.  I see it as a different investment then bitcoin, which is still pretty short term on miner lifetime.

So even if you manage a big scale investment it is long term.  I see it as apples and oranges for lack of a better term.  They are just not the same investment I don't think.  You might use the electricity with your investment for bitcoin miners, but I don't see it as a bitcoin investment.   I think miners are more likely to pay for electricity from one then actually build a big scale solar farm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:25:48 AM

i think it would be posible to do this at a great scale, and somewhere where there´s a lot of hours and of sun and cheap electricity, but we are in the same.

It still would be a long term investment even at a great scale.  I see it as a different investment then bitcoin, which is still pretty short term on miner lifetime.

So even if you manage a big scale investment it is long term.  I see it as apples and oranges for lack of a better term.  They are just not the same investment I don't think.  You might use the electricity with your investment for bitcoin miners, but I don't see it as a bitcoin investment.   I think miners are more likely to pay for electricity from one then actually build a big scale solar farm.

If I understand right, you mean that it is better for a miner to pay for electricity than build a solar farm. I agree with this. I mean I think that even to pay for elecricity in the areas with highest electricity rates still better than establishing and exploiting a solar system.

BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:01:32 PM

Yes good idea , but installiation on roof is expensive. I Think better way  is wind energy.
eaglero

Activity: 140

Olha eu aqui

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:25:09 PM

The solar power is great idea, i my home use 4x panel 250W during a day.
In night use baterry Bosch
I see expansive my system for 10 panel and 8 battery 210Ah, for my small mining system.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:05:14 PM

The solar power is great idea, i my home use 4x panel 250W during a day.
In night use baterry Bosch
I see expansive my system for 10 panel and 8 battery 210Ah, for my small mining system.

If you don't mind me asking what did it cost to get this system in place? And if I read right it is 1000 watt in total?

Are you using it for mining?  Or just your electricity i general? Thanks for sharing always love real info.
eaglero

Olha eu aqui

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:42:41 PM

I live in Brazil, my solar power actually demands 1000W
This system demands computer 400W and 2 gridseeds 200W, lights and small gadgets.
In Brazil price this project is R$ 4,500 BRL, i living Sao Paulo.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 06:55:40 PM

Unless you own an ASIC farm, solar panels won't do anything. You don't have the mining power to get an ROI, unless you want to wait multiple years, which will probably be more than what your minter can last.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ █▀▀█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ █▄▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀▀▀▀█                         
░░░░░▄▄▄ ░░░░░░░▄█▄ ░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░ ▄▀░░░░▄█
░░▄▀▀▄▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▀▀
▄█░░░░░░█▄ ░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█░░░░░░░░░░░
▀▄█▄░░░▄█▄▀▄▀▀█ ▀▄▄▀ █▀▀▄░░ ▀▄░░░▄▀
░░░▄█▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀░░░█▄▀█▀▄█░░░▀▀▄▀ █▀█▀▄
▄▀░░▀▀▀  █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█   ▄           █      █          █          █     █    █    █  █
█   █           █      █          █          █     █    █    █  █
█   █           █      █          █          █     █    █    █  █
||
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:38:24 PM

You don't have to get all the panels at one. But every one you get will in time reduce your expenses.

eaglero

Olha eu aqui

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:48:43 PM

Unless you own an ASIC farm, solar panels won't do anything. You don't have the mining power to get an ROI, unless you want to wait multiple years, which will probably be more than what your minter can last.

The solar power reduces cost of energetic, my mining ring is a low profit, working for trade bitcoins for BTC.
cryptotore

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:44:37 PM

You don't have to get all the panels at one. But every one you get will in time reduce your expenses.

You don't have to, buts its a really good idea to do so. First of all, the real expense is the inverter, cables and mounts. And of course the batteries. But you're better off going grid-tied, without batteries. (Sell power during day time, buy back power during night)

The second and probably the most important reason is that each panel in the whole array only performs as good as the worst one. Meaning that when you add 5 panels, 5 years later, the new panels are going to perform as the 5 year old ones.
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:19:55 AM

mining with solar pannel is profitable only after roi of soler panels. solar panel are not cheap as you think its price is almost equal to mininw hardware.so that you will have to recover cost of solar panel.

but when you success to recover cost of solar panel it will always profitable for you in every way.your electricity bill will be zero.

The thing is when you make back the cost of your solar panels it's time to replace most of them with new ones or at least to spend some money on fixing those which went out of order. Of course there are exceptions, HQ panels, but they also cost much more.

eaglero

Olha eu aqui

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:09:32 PM

mining with solar pannel is profitable only after roi of soler panels. solar panel are not cheap as you think its price is almost equal to mininw hardware.so that you will have to recover cost of solar panel.

but when you success to recover cost of solar panel it will always profitable for you in every way.your electricity bill will be zero.

I live in Brazil costs are very high, reduce my pantries invest in bitcoin for trade, the solar power is great investment
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.