Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:27:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ [ANN] MindCoin [MND] - Raising Awareness of Mental Health, By Trading ★★  (Read 52630 times)
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:24:03 AM

Also every coin is literally going masternode.
Thinking that could help secure network as well as grow community.

What are your thoughts on that.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:20:26 PM

Ha ha my thoughts on that. I know about as much of masternodes as about neuroscience. If you post a brief summary of what masternodes are and whether they will solve the network problems and then you post how much it will cost to do that I will give my opinion.
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:25:47 PM

Ha ha my thoughts on that. I know about as much of masternodes as about neuroscience. If you post a brief summary of what masternodes are and whether they will solve the network problems and then you post how much it will cost to do that I will give my opinion.

Hi peter.
Very much appreciate your responses.  Am actually very very keen on this project.  But am really not technically literate very much. I cannot tell you definitively what a masternode is, but it's like

Maybe an advanced proof of stake method.
And it is a form of mining from the little I know. But don't be too quick to qoute me.

Am certain MND coin will pick up interest bit by bit.
As a community forms around it, some community members will be either very technical or they will know someone who is.

Peace and love.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:00:55 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 02:22:20 AM by PeterTheGrape

Hi peter.
Very much appreciate your responses.  Am actually very very keen on this project.  But am really not technically literate very much. I cannot tell you definitively what a masternode is, but it's like

Maybe an advanced proof of stake method.
And it is a form of mining from the little I know. But don't be too quick to qoute me.

Am certain MND coin will pick up interest bit by bit.
As a community forms around it, some community members will be either very technical or they will know someone who is.

Peace and love.

Here is what we can try and do. I saw some other coins doing masternodes, Bitcoinfx was going to do them for gapcoin and some coin I saw yesterday made a big deal of them so it is something important I guess.

If Mike will hold an exchange wallet to stabilize the price, for example guarantee a minimum price so there are miners, I'll contribute a little to start that. He would have to agree to buy mnd for a certain minimum price as long as funds are available to buy at that price. He would sell large blocks at maybe that price plus 10% and use profits to do something with the coin, maybe some of his donation ideas.

If you want to figure out how much it will cost to experimentally start a masternode project and post a btc address I'll donate enough to start it as long as it is within my means. Then you see if it is easy and if it helps the coin, and if it does I'll offer bounties for starting more

Once the coin is stable and not prone to hijacking then Mike is a good public figure. Coin devs take a lot of abuse and especially for this coin it is important to have somebody up front to take the heat from trolls. Then others can start sideprojects.

add

https://themerkle.com/what-is-a-masternode/ I think it's something that requires redoing the coin somewhat, not clear. If you or somebody who knows about tech can figure out what is required and the cost and how to do it then post. i'll try to research

https://steemit.com/masternode/@jasonforish/masternode-investing

add2
This is what I noticed yesterday https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flax/#!network You can see at the top it lists masternodes instead of hashrate and on the thread there is a lot of chatter about masternodes. That coin used to struggle a bit so it sure helped them.

Here we go http://masternodes.pro/ I'll message Mike Wheeler and see if we can get that set up, if he thinks it's wise

...What exchanges is mnd on apart from yobit?

As far as I know only Yobit is keeping the coin going and somebody seems to have a helpful node in France that helps synch quickly. Exchanges are important to stay alive at the moment, but the trend in coins will definitely be toward some other solution. In a few years probably every business, maybe even every person will have their own coin. There will have to be some sort of instant network that arbitrages all coins and there will have to be some more deliberate way a person allocates their funds between coins, like maybe a wallet that arbitrages coins and lets you say how much of your 'wealth' you want in each coin. Hopefully mindcoin can stay ahead of that trend.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:47:58 PM

Here are some links if anybody wants to read on masternodes. I am trying to contact masternodes.pro on slack but am not up on how to use slack and so far have been chatting with a bot.

https://virtualrealitytimes.com/2017/07/27/best-list-of-cheap-masternode-cryptocurrencies/

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@everydaycitizen/masternode-frenzy-is-happening-now-passive-income-in-cryptocurrency-to-sustain-for-years-list-of-masternode-cryptos

http://cryptomasternode.com/

https://steemit.com/masternode/@thomasneely/most-complete-masternode-list

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1995066.0

Basically masternodes seem to strengthen the network from attacks. They offer a way to make money on coins you have by running a node i.e., leaving the wallet on. As long as you have some coins in your wallet you make a little income. My impression is that it might need some revision to the wallet, an update of some kind, so it will be best to have some participation from the dev and others to either agree or disagree with doing this.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:09:13 PM

It's been one day since the last block and there were no blocks on

Jul 11, 12, 13, 19, 26, 27, 28

Aug 1, 2, 7, 8, 11

The developer seems to have switched to Voxels coin and may have dropped this project.

The network has been hijacked for some time, it makes no sense to mine it for miners nor to buy it for speculation, since the hijacker owns the network.

Maybe better to let this coin die. If somebody wants to start a new mh coin but figure out the network problems beforehand to avoid this kind of attack I'll try to support it.
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:08:21 PM

It has now been a week I think that my wallet is stuck not fully sync

I was on sync and at a point it announced a 12 hours remain for been on sync.
this value did not change for a few days.

I closed the wallet, reopened it this morning and now announcing a 47 hours behind....
not progressing at all.

Is there an issue with the network or is it the wallet ?

Without bootstrap, I don't want to delete files in the roaming folder and beginning
again the syncing from scratch without beeing sure it will go up to sync

thanks for guidance

There are people that sabotage smaller coins by attacking the network so they can make a little money quickly. For now there is not a lot that can be done about it but eventually it will get sorted out. When a small coin doesn't seem to synch you should go to a reliable explorer and see if the blocks have big gaps in when they are extracted.

You posted on July 13 and there had been no blocks on July 11th, 12th and 13th https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/#!overview but there was on the 14th, so hopefully the wallet synched.

Currently there has not been a block since Saturday two days ago so a person has to wait for that block before it will be caught up to today. Maybe at some point the scumbags who overpower smaller networks will lose that ability but until then it is just something to deal with.
thanks a lot for your explaination. I am not really familiar with that kind of check.... appreciated.

I did not have opened my wallet since my message, I will see

Thanks also for further replies clarifying about the blocks and hijackers....

hope the coin is not dead

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:37:29 AM

hope the coin is not dead

As long as it is on an exchange and there is some trading there will be some mining and it won't be dead. But people who mine coins like this need to know that when somebody has taken over the network the hijacker can control mining and there is not really any point. Also sometimes the person who has taken over the network will mint fake blocks with extra coins and so on.

If somebody has a good fix they should say so, but a new person should be careful with this coin for now. I own a lot of mindcoin but I would rather it not be the main mh consumer coin because of the network issues. I'll support any similar coin somebody makes, no premine etc, but with some protection against malicious miners.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:00:30 PM

This is great timing to take risk on this project I hope this will go to the moon.

As long as nobody fixes the coin then nothing will come of any risk. Mindcoin needs to be fixed.

A lot of old coins are in the same boat and will not survive if they are not repaired.

An example that is an older well developed coin that was abandoned and has been hijacked by miners is Worldcoin WDC. It is a respected coin, but now it has collapsed. The people there seem to be trying to find a solution and I'll try to watch what they do and see if it can be copied to Mindcoin, if they find a solution. I am not a tech person though. I can bullshit up a storm but I don't really understand the tech side so somebody who does know that should try.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:29:42 PM

Final word from masternodes is "We are not coin devs. But if we find one I will send him/her your way".
LimeXminer

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:22:32 PM

Is it dead?
SteamOctanePool

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

sopool.us - One of the fastest pools!

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 04:15:27 AM

SOpool.us has added MND, only 1.25% fee!

Mine on one of the fastest most reliable pools on the net!  We are hosted on the top cloud platform, with built in DDOS resistance!

Multi-Pool is now enabled!
Use your wallet address as your username, and c=MND as your password.

No Registration required.  Rewards will be sent to your address every 3 hours!

Example config below

To get paid in MND:
Code:
-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3533 -u MVVz418yk7fQZAc2bDaT55DLHZg6EjrBcw -p c=MND 

To get paid in BTC:
Code:
-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3533 -u MVVz418yk7fQZAc2bDaT55DLHZg6EjrBcw -p c=BTC 
Donation Address: MVVz418yk7fQZAc2bDaT55DLHZg6EjrBcw

Sopool.us - High performance cloud pool | DDOS Protection | Auto Load Scaling | Pool build & hosting services | Node Hosting Service | Need a pool for your favorite coin?  PM us and let us know about it!
LimeXminer

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:36:15 PM

can anyone send me correct calc for me to know the profit from mining this coin?
razorgames

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 12:14:44 AM

BTCЯazor PoolBTC

No fee`s on some pools for a limited time!

Low fee`s <1% and Random no fee`s

Many algorithms and coins to choose from come check us out.

http://pool.razorgames.org

MindCoin mining

Code:
stratum+tcp://pool.razorgames.org:3533 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=MND
Only 0.5% fee for all x11 mining!

Low Fee Mining Pool Razor Pool
////    8 Server Nodes, 16 Intel 6 core CPU`s and a boat load of ram for your mining pleasure!    ////    Razorgames    ////
Edrick123

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:58:01 PM

is anybody still mining this coin??
FidelioCplus

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:00:39 PM

Will you have a pre-ICO and if yes when?
AU_AG

Activity: 305

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:37:37 PM

This coin active whats the algo
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

dev bailed and is sucking the dry tit at another shitcoin - voxels.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:53:43 AM

Mike put a lot of work into the coin, took a bit of abuse, got about $20 in donations so nobody can really say he did less than anybody else.

If somebody wants to fix the coin then it is a matter of finding a person who can upgrade the wallet and asking for donations. Once the wallet is upgraded then somebody can do something like make a faucet or whatever, rather than just complaining that somebody else isn't doing it.

I've messaged the dev a few times and he was vaguely going to try and get somebody to upgrade the wallet but if he lost interest then it can be done by anybody who wants to organize it.

The coin is pretty broken but it was a no premine coin made and released well and with good intentions, it could probably be fixed.
mwheeleruk (OP)

Activity: 554

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:50:54 PM

Mike put a lot of work into the coin, took a bit of abuse, got about $20 in donations so nobody can really say he did less than anybody else.

If somebody wants to fix the coin then it is a matter of finding a person who can upgrade the wallet and asking for donations. Once the wallet is upgraded then somebody can do something like make a faucet or whatever, rather than just complaining that somebody else isn't doing it.

I've messaged the dev a few times and he was vaguely going to try and get somebody to upgrade the wallet but if he lost interest then it can be done by anybody who wants to organize it.

The coin is pretty broken but it was a no premine coin made and released well and with good intentions, it could probably be fixed.

Hey,

Not really on with another coin - i was never the dev actual for the coin. i was merely helping someone out that wanted to make a difference, there hasn't been any contact from him for more than a year even at multiple attempted to gain access to the original git.  Check up on a domain registered to place some effort into this however ive been watching close and it does appear the chain is overtaken with mining. This domain https://www.whois.com/whois/mindcoin.co.uk was setup in order to provide a blockexplorer for the coin, an official source of news ETC i just havent had the time to put into the project, as mentioned via peter - no premine, profits or anything it literally was / is to raise attention.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: