Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about the release of Darkcoin/Dashcoin  (Read 3976 times)
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 08:23:57 PM

*Also, Macrochiponhisshoulders, did I really need to add that Evan never answered why he launched early in a satisfactorily way? "We launched later" doesn't qualify as to explaining why those who went to bed thinking there was a later launch got shafted by a impromptu launch.

a) Yes you have to. People don't read your lunatic mind.
b) "Satisfactory" is a bullshit excuse you just made up after being caught lying.
c) Evan doesn't owe you shit. He gave his viewpoint on the issue. Whether you're "satisfied" or not doesn't matter. Plus YOU don't decide what's "satisfactory" or not. People do it on their own just fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 08:27:06 PM

Yeah stop pretending to care about OPs question when you just hijacked the opportunity to rant about Dash: The only purpose of this sock puppet account.

The question was fully answered by me and my quotations.

/thread

Sigh. Again you can start a Monero versus dash thread if you want or raise the old one from the dead, but Evan's answer in your post doesn't answer why he launched in an impromptu manner robbing those who went to bed of the early mining opportunity. Reread what he said, "We launched later.." he then tries to explain the instamine. He never explains why people went to bed thinking the coin was relaunched without any formal announcement.

Maybe an explanation exists, but it's not in your quoted material.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 08:31:22 PM

Yeah stop pretending to care about OPs question when you just hijacked the opportunity to rant about Dash: The only purpose of this sock puppet account.

/thread

Sigh. Again you can start a Monero versus dash thread if you want or raise the old one from the dead, but Evan's answer in your post doesn't answer why he launched in an impromptu manner robbing those who went to bed of the early mining opportunity. Reread what he said, "We launched later.." he then tries to explain the instamine. He never explains why people went to bed thinking the coin was relaunched without any formal announcement.

Holy shit.
Is that true?
A badly coordinated launch by someone with a non-crypto full-time job and some people were caught off guard?
Oh fuck!
How much coin did he and he alone steal from all those poor miners in those couple of hours as the sole miner?
Because nobody on the entire planet was awake at that moment, right?!
Dear God! This is the final nail in the coffin of Dash!
Screw all the technology the team created since then! The launch is holy and must be perfect!!! FUCK I'MA SELL RIGHT NOW!!!

Yep. That's what I would say if I was as obsessed and lunatic as the average XMR-troll.

TL;DR: Idgaf about that. Neither does any other sane person.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 08:41:56 PM

/thread

Holy shit.
Is that true?
A badly coordinated launch and some people were caught off guard?
Oh fuck!
How much coin did he steal from all those poor miners in those couple of hours?
Screw all the technology the team created since then! The launch is holy and must be perfect!!! FUCK I'MA SELL RIGHT NOW!!!

Yep. That's what I would say if I was as obsessed and lunatic as the average XMR-troll.

Again the questions were if the launch happened early (it did) and did Evan explain why it happened early (acknowledged, yes/explained, no). I'm hardly insane for knowing the subtle difference between explained and acknowledged. But good luck on your investment. 

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:48:24 PM

/thread

Holy shit.
Is that true?
Oh fuck!

Again the questions were if the launch happened early (it did) and did Evan explain why it happened early (acknowledged, yes/explained, no). I'm hardly insane for knowing the subtle difference between explained and acknowledged. But good luck on your investment. 

I don't even see where he "acknowledged" launching early. All he said is "when we relaunched" but nothing about timing at all.

adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:55:38 PM

It is true once they see you succeed, they all come barking at you. Why don't you do some development instead of coming to forums? it is sad watching people hating because Dash doing something they couldn't even think of because IF they did they would already be having what Dash has instant transactions/Governance model/ two tier network, and more....really man do something instead of really just hating. I just invested on Dash and I already feeling the hate -,-

He asked a question about the early launch, and since the answer doesn't reflect well for dash, you are hand waving about jealousy and supposed innovations--honestly, I'd love to dig into dash's clumsy technology, but this hardly seems the time and place and there are plenty of threads that have outlined these failures, but I doubt you want to bring those issues to light.

I just don't get the hate, you obviously just don't like Dash and wish that Dash investors lose ALL their money so you can feel happy. But even if you say that I did my research and even asked questions and I knew about what's bad/good about Dash and Monero "since you support it and fanboying about it" at the end nor you or you're developers who are all about gambling with no development over a year here saying this coin is bad and that coin is bad...why don't you tell us why your'e great instead? what innovations have you created that I can actually compare you with Dash? and please just stop the hate i've seen you're history just now (•̀o•́)ง
For me it's not about hate. It's about whether Dash might ever become widely used. I think that for a coin to ever become widely used it will have to be squeaky clean. But I could be wrong.
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:01:42 PM

/thread

I don't see where you answered my question.
What I am concerned about is this. Let's say Dash starts to become more popular and widely used. To the point where journalists and regulators look at it possibly. So as it getting more attention by this stage, people begin to ask about the early launch, and Evan at that point get's asked about it.
That could IMHO lead to problems
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 09:07:17 PM

/thread

Holy shit.
Is that true?
Oh fuck!

I don't even see where he "acknowledged" launching early. All he said is "when we relaunched" but nothing about timing at all.

He acknowledges the failed first launch and then jumps to the relaunch. So in macrochip's quoted material,  he did fail to even acknowledge that it was early. Wonder if the timing of the relaunch has ever come up to him before? Can't imagine it hasn't. Wasn't there an Illodin post addressing this right after the fact?

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 09:34:12 PM

What I am concerned about is this. Let's say Dash starts to become more popular and widely used. To the point where journalists and regulators look at it possibly. So as it getting more attention by this stage, people begin to ask about the early launch, and Evan at that point get's asked about it.

You claim the imperfect launch is going to get Dash into trouble? Why?
For what reason? Why the fuck would that have any impact? The only thing that's worth a damn is whether the proposed features work or not.

InstantX works
But the launch wasn't perfect!
DarkSend works
Masternodes work
Decentralized Governance works
But the launch wasn't yada yada yada....

How does the launch time have any impact on those features?
Do you have any idea how ridiculous this whole topic is?

In conclusion:
Your question is answered by common sense: It doesn't matter.

PS:
And if common sense is to you "hand waving" generalizethis, I must rightfully doubt your sanity, no matter what you say.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 09:54:42 PM

For what reason? Why the fuck would that have any impact? The only thing that's worth a damn is whether the proposed features work or not.

InstantX works
DarkSend works
Masternodes work

In conclusion:

PS:
And if common sense is to you "hand waving" generalizethis, I must rightfully doubt your sanity, no matter what you say.

Some of those things on your list are flawed and/or don't work very well and illustrates that trusting someone with shady credibility will lead to faulty presumptions about the product (especially in technology). The OP believes people will think the strangely timed launch is an issue, you don't--why make a big deal about it if you truly believe you are correct; the market will agree with you.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 10:04:09 PM

Some of those things on your list are flawed and/or don't work very well

LOL. "Some". Nice choice of words.
ONE feature of Dash, namely DarkSend is being criticized for taking too long to mix. Big whoop! I'd rather wait to mix my coins, than risk being retroactively deanonymized like XMR is being in danger of.
Besides DarkSend is going to be integrated into Dash Evolution anyway, which makes every transaction anonymous by default.

So again: What is "flawed"? Incentivized nodes which Evan Duffield invented? InstantX which Evan Duffield invented? Decentralized Governance by Blockchain which Evan Duffield invented?
I trust a developer that has constantly delivered on his feature promises for almost two years. What does your dev team have to show for? Name a single innovation of Monero besides cloning a scam-coin.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:16:14 PM

Why did Even Dunfield had to ninja mine it?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:43:13 PM

Dash is a certified instamined scam with a intentional failed release to get rid of every miner waiting to get in on announced release.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:06:33 PM

Is this correct, or have I been misled?

If it is correct , did Evan Duffield ever explain why, the release time was moved?

Yes, this is correct.

And no, he never explained the early launch.

I'm just trying to think through what might happen if Dash ever tried to become well known or widely used. I imagine if it ever started to become widely used Evan would have to explain what went on

If you are trying to think this through, maybe it would help to actually read his account of events here:

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Why should anyone take what Evan says as truth when he has been caught lying several times?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:15:05 PM

Is this correct, or have I been misled?

If it is correct , did Evan Duffield ever explain why, the release time was moved?

Yes, this is correct.

And no, he never explained the early launch.

I'm just trying to think through what might happen if Dash ever tried to become well known or widely used. I imagine if it ever started to become widely used Evan would have to explain what went on

If you are trying to think this through, maybe it would help to actually read his account of events here:

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Why should anyone take what Evan says as truth when he has been caught lying several times?

Because we the crowd are stupid.  I can see Evan laughing at this comment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:17:15 PM

It is true once they see you succeed, they all come barking at you. Why don't you do some development instead of coming to forums? it is sad watching people hating because Dash doing something they couldn't even think of because IF they did they would already be having what Dash has instant transactions/Governance model/ two tier network, and more....really man do something instead of really just hating. I just invested on Dash and I already feeling the hate -,-

He asked a question about the early launch, and since the answer doesn't reflect well for dash, you are hand waving about jealousy and supposed innovations--honestly, I'd love to dig into dash's clumsy technology, but this hardly seems the time and place and there are plenty of threads that have outlined these failures, but I doubt you want to bring those issues to light.

I just don't get the hate, you obviously just don't like Dash and wish that Dash investors lose ALL their money so you can feel happy. But even if you say that I did my research and even asked questions and I knew about what's bad/good about Dash and Monero "since you support it and fanboying about it" at the end nor you or you're developers who are all about gambling with no development over a year here saying this coin is bad and that coin is bad...why don't you tell us why your'e great instead? what innovations have you created that I can actually compare you with Dash? and please just stop the hate i've seen you're history just now (•̀o•́)ง

How is it obvious that he wants dash investors to lose their money?

You are once again hand waving to distract from the issue at hand.

Ever think he is not for people losing money in dash and instead is wanting to out the truth of the shadiness or dash and its developer and their past for current and future investors not to make decisions based on lies?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:20:53 PM

/thread

You appear to be really butthurt.

Instead of addressing the issue directly without hand waving you resort then to subtle personal attacks and putting words into people's mouths (or hinting at motivations with no proof).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:24:09 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2015, 12:51:35 AM by smooth

constantly delivered on his feature promises for almost two years

That's not even true, as I know there was a list of at least three features he promised and did not deliver that was posted on the Dash thread. The response was that he decided to change the priorities/direction of development, which by itself is probably reasonable except that it does not equate to having constantly delivered on his feature promises.

Anyway, that is off topic to this thread, which is about the release/launch. Feel free to create another thread about the feature promises of Dash and maybe people will want to discuss it.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:25:51 PM

InstantX works
DarkSend works
Masternodes work

In conclusion:

PS:

It would have an effect because your own developer mislead people who were waiting for the launch into believing that the launch time was much later than he actually did launch it.

You can remove the the cuss words at any time because it shows your emotions are possibly getting the best of you when answering a completely neutral party who has just an honest question to ask.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:27:57 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 11:56:24 PM by arielbit

ninja mined coins are not in circulation (in masternodes) and there was a supply reduction.... of course it will increase in price due to lack of supply Tongue

plus POS masternodes encourages locking coins because you earn interest...less coins in circulation, the rule of "supply and demand" follows.

Yes, Dash has a track record of making development decisions that make the coins people own more valuable.

When the next such development happens, I guess people who don't own any will moan about that too?

i was talking about the supply manipulation not development  Tongue  ....nice twist btw haha
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: