Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and shopping vouchers  (Read 406 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 09:38:19 AM

On reading another thread, it occured to me that there is a simple way for supermarkets to start accepting Bitcoin. All they woud need is an on-line facility to accept Bitcoin, and the ability to transmit a printable voucher for use in one of their stores. This would simplify the process for all parties involved.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:55:35 AM

what is the link of that on another thread ?
are you talking about customers getting printed voucher for paying online and using that voucher in merchant stores ?
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:58:12 AM

I think purse.io is something similar but a better version.They have your account with bitcoins and you can buy anything with them on amazon.Basically you select a number of items in your wishlist and link the wishlist to the purse.io,after verifying they pay for your order and ask you to send the similar amount of bitcoins .You can release the escrow after your product is delivered.They do have amazing discounts as well.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 10:04:40 AM

I was suggesting that it could be used to buy groceries in the local supermarket. The supermrket would offer the service, and not a 3rd party.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:18:39 AM

I was suggesting that it could be used to buy groceries in the local supermarket. The supermrket would offer the service, and not a 3rd party.

So a local supermarket has a portal on thier site to buy X value of vouchers with X amount of Bitcoin for use in thier stores, the customer then prints the vouchers and these can be used in store, I like the idea

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:22:57 AM

So a local supermarket has a portal on thier site to buy X value of vouchers with X amount of Bitcoin for use in thier stores, the customer then prints the vouchers and these can be used in store, I like the idea

That's it - minimum cost to experiment with Bitcoin, and no changes or extra knowledge required at the till

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

customers buying vouchers?

these days its giftcards.. vouchers are old school and only used for 'discount coupons'

i would say for the moment its easier to use gyft, purse and other services to buy giftcards, because they get them from others who dont want them so sell them to the service at a large discount. meaning the future buyer of the card gets a discount..

trying to convince a retailer to accept bitcoin is one thing.. but then saying they need to offer that service at a discount.. would not go well with retailers.

the only reason a couple retailers did offer discount.. is not due to customer love.. it was due to the ceo being a true bitcoin advocate and wanted to receive lots of bitcoin to keep for his own investment.

normal retailers that will instant swap back to fiat will not see any reason to discount it..
they wont even discount their own giftcards, even knowing their customers are literally handing them money before even getting a product..
(only corporate firms get a couple percent discount and that only due to bulk buying giftcards)

bitcoin is not and should not be about buying bitcoin just to spend 20minutes later just to get 5% discount..
bitcoin is about long term savings. where having $50 last year means you have more then that this year (its deflation)

by forcing retailers to offer dicounts not only loses retailers money for the 10 minutes they touch bitcoin. meaning they dont see advantages of it and think of it as just a gimmick... but also customers stupidly expect discounts everytime from everywhere.. because thats how they were introduced to bitcoin..

which eventually leads to customers seeing less advantages once the discounts dry up..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:42:34 AM

Gift cards are a great idea.
One company I worked for a few years ago was giving gift cards to all employees and most liked it. Some even traded them. I remember they had a validity date, I think it was the calendar year.

The problem is that it would be a very risky move for a retailer. If he agrees to it when BTC is $400 and the customer wants to use it 6 months later with BTC at $1,000, the retailer won't be happy.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:10:00 PM

Nobody suggested offering discounts. An even easier way for supermarkets that offer their own credit cards ( Waitrose for example ), would be to allow members to settle balamces using Bitcoin.

I was under the imression that Bitcoin was intended to be an alternative payment service. Without that facility. Bitcoin has no value as a savings medium.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:12:55 PM

Gift cards are a great idea.
One company I worked for a few years ago was giving gift cards to all employees and most liked it. Some even traded them. I remember they had a validity date, I think it was the calendar year.

The problem is that it would be a very risky move for a retailer. If he agrees to it when BTC is $400 and the customer wants to use it 6 months later with BTC at $1,000, the retailer won't be happy.

The voucher would have to be issued with a value in local currency. Anything else would require a substantial change to the till management software.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: