Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should i buy my first whole bitcoin  (Read 12188 times)
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:20:09 AM

It really depends on several factors. One thing I can say is that if you have those dollars that will enable you buy a single coin in full then you can go a head to do so. I am sure there are very many people who are willing to get more coins but the only thing that usually hold them back is the financial freedom they have. You also need to plan well on what you want to achieve in bitcoin trading. It will help you a lot.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:21:28 AM

Good choice you made! It feels good to hold an entire bitcoin somehow.

Even if the price may fluctuate on the short term, I think you will have a nice gain percentage in the long run.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:37:40 AM

If 4xx$ is not that much for you and that you are ready to let it stay in your wallet (not on an exchange !), yes, that could be the best investment you could do in your whole life. In a few years your investment could be double, tripled or even quadrupled ! You can still buy a fraction of a Bitcoin if you don't want to put too much money just now, but the earlier you buy it (so the cheaper), the better it is.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:48:16 AM

Yeah, sure, right now would seem as a good time to buy it. It thought it might fall below 400, but it looks like it is goint upwards again. Buy.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:12:24 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 02:48:20 PM by tmfp

Thankyou all for your advice, I can't believe how nice the community is and that you all mostly agree that its a good investment.

Im going to keep an eye on the price and maybe sometime in 2016 before the halving if the price happens to go down then i will consider buying more.

Thanks once again

LOL now you've really got the bug already!
It's not so much about the money for me, although that's potentially very nice, but look at it as a 300 quid adventure.

The Op has asked for input and made his decision. This thread is now redundant.
All posts from now on, especially carrying paid signatures, should be treated as post count spam.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Etoiliste

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:15:34 PM

if you have some money left from holiday better buy now because there is a spectaculation that bitoin prises will rise in 2016 so bette take the opportuity to buy now before the prises it become more higher
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:17:43 PM

If you have enough money to buy 1 bitcoin and you are happy to do so they why not, if you need to go without anything in order to buy 1 then it probably isn't a good idea, just buy a smaller part of bitcoin maybe half or a quarter, should never leave yourself without.
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:54:23 PM

Should i buy my first whole bitcoin ?

I just want opinions, would you buy a whole bitcoin ?
yes you should buy bitcoin,but i dont think now is the right time,lets wait until tommorow,if the price still like this or more down,you can buy whole bitcoin,but dont too much and make sure that you keep stay on your computer and keep watching bitcoin price.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:29:53 PM

You should know this yourself!
Are you a risk taker? Is the money you would invest to buy a whole Bitcoin affordable for you?
How long have you planned to hold this Bitcoin?
You can ask for as many opinions as you want and you will get always different answers.
In the end you are the one who has to make the decision!
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:36:47 PM

Good that you bought your first whole Bitcoin. I am sure you will end up buying more to benefit from the price that is going up. Next target will be 2 whole Bitcoins.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

I dont think it matters that you buy a whole coin.  Some people new to bitcoin have this facination with whole coins.  Just buy as much bitcoin as you can afford.  about 2 years ago i told my brother about bitcoin and he wanted to buy, so i advised him to get in slowly.  Purchasing a small amount every week or month, but he couldnt get his head around buying 0.5 or 0.25 bitcoin, which in my opinion cost him because he bought in at £600 per coin and it has yet to get back to that valuation (i do believe that some day it will be worth far more and ultimatly he will be in profit)  if he had spread his purchase out over a few months it would have saved him some money.

Either way its up to you, good luck

PS:  if you are new to bitcoin research bitcoin security first and what wallet you wish to use to secure it, my opionion would be a paper wallet backed up in atleast 2 places if its long term storage or something like breadwallet for iphone if your looking to speand it.  heres a great link:  https://youtu.be/I1uefzJJ6nM
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:32:52 PM

Price of bitcoin right now is very low so my suggestion to you is yes, buy it!
When price increase again you will earn a lot.
Of course it's always risk so never spend money you can't afford to loose.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:35:15 PM

i have a feeling next year will be a great year for bitcoin so go and buy many many more bitcoin if you can. and it is always gd to have one whole bitcoin. the feel is so different.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:40:29 PM

If you have money for it - go for it and don't hesitate. I will tell you an example, a story of a guy who bought 2 Papa Jones pizzas for 10.000 bitcoin, for years later these 10.000 coins were worth over $5 millions.
I would risk buying 1 bitcoin if I were you. Situation in the future could be the same.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:02:12 PM

I think you are talking about 1 bitcoin, if you have enough money than you can buy 1 bitcoin right now without thinking much as price is some dollar low than usual. Best time to buy.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:07:06 PM

I think you are talking about 1 bitcoin, if you have enough money than you can buy 1 bitcoin right now without thinking much as price is some dollar low than usual. Best time to buy.

yup, the price will keep increasing so it is always good to buy now and hold it. you also can consider to use it whenever there is a need. in this way u also can help to generate more flow in btc.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:08:47 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I have savings and 450 bucks isn't too much to forget about I'm prepared to take the risk.

I'm thinking it might be a good investment in say 5 - 10 years ?

Fuck it, do it  Wink
If it goes to $1m then you'll be a guru and if it goes to shit you can look back and laugh.

Thankyou all for the advice,
Just purchased it and do not plan to sell for years to come.

Congrats and thats a good decision the price will increase thi following year so keep holding or if you want to increase your bitcoin
Or make a profit you can try find a job in services section while your waiting for the price increase.
Honestly the price of bitcoin that you bought is cheap than buying it now in bitstamp.

LinaMay

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:18:58 PM

Wait to buy. This isn't buying season.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:29:41 PM

Wait to buy. This isn't buying season.

At $420-$430, it is. We can only go up from here.

Under construction.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:40:17 PM

yup, the price will keep increasing so it is always good to buy now and hold it. you also can consider to use it whenever there is a need. in this way u also can help to generate more flow in btc.

When considering upcoming events and increasing popularity of bitcoin, everyday must be a good day to buy bitcoin. If you find some reason not to buy, then you will regret later for not buying.
After you bought your bitcoin the price goes down you can buy again to get a better average buying price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: