Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:03:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only 1600 coin making 10$ dump in price  (Read 1280 times)
mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:15:41 PM

I think this is quite abnormal, don't you ?
Price get dumped to 420 range from 430 only due to 1600 coin getting dumped in market.
seems like market is under pure manipulation, constant linear rise with small volume and some dump with large volume.  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:26:14 PM

Can you post proof that only 1600 coins were sold between all exchanges?
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:55:18 PM

Most exchanges have very thin volume order books, and people put up fake walls to frighten people. The volume you see is mostly fake, so it doesn't take too many Bitcoins to make a 10$ dump in price. Probably some of the 1600 coins you say created the dump were the same person's coins he was buying and selling off himself to make his manipulation look more legit.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:16:47 PM

That's why it corrects back up quite fast afterwards..Also, that 1600 coins is more than half a million, which is quite a significant amount to be sold in one go considering the daily volume.

Be more afraid of massive dumps when the buy walls are bigger, more coins can be dumped for a higher price then.
Next BillG

Activity: 431

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:58:46 PM

In one exchange, 1600 is quite a large amount of money. So it is possible for the price to drop significantly. The wall is too thin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:30:47 PM

In one exchange, 1600 is quite a large amount of money. So it is possible for the price to drop significantly. The wall is too thin.

but it dropped only by ten so it's mean that the buy support is really strong around 400, and we don't need to worry
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:24:31 PM

Are you sure this is 1600 coins across all exchanges but not 1 exchange?
anders lokka

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:03:07 PM

Btc price is unpredictable

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:55:09 AM

1600 coin is still a lot of money as previously mentioned

There is probably a very large group of people chomping at the bits for sub $400 that it probably won't go under $400

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:08:36 PM

Can you post proof that only 1600 coins were sold between all exchanges?
I have seen it in markets.blockchain.info under bitfinex but when i navigate to othere exchanger i found same amount on all of those exchanger. Quite confused as that as a total number or indivisual volume for exchanger.  Huh
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:19:48 PM

It's because the low volumes and thin order books. On days with high volume you would need a lot more than 1600 coins to get the price $10 lower on Bitfinex.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

It is an amount that I do not think its too low for only a 10$ variation. Probably it will get more stable as more and more people enter into trading Bitcoin, but thinking that there are not so many people doing it, it does not seem strange.

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:56:49 PM

I think this is quite abnormal, don't you ?
Price get dumped to 420 range from 430 only due to 1600 coin getting dumped in market.
seems like market is under pure manipulation, constant linear rise with small volume and some dump with large volume.  Huh

Only? 1600 coins aren't enought for you?  People buy and sells much more bitcoins per day than 1600 and that's pretty normal for bitcoins, all those price pumps and dumps are typical day of bitcoin
andreld

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 12:13:42 PM

It is an amount that I do not think its too low for only a 10$ variation. Probably it will get more stable as more and more people enter into trading Bitcoin, but thinking that there are not so many people doing it, it does not seem strange.

It depends on the market depth. The volume of bitcoin is quite low recently. I think there will be big rise soon.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:44:17 PM

It depends on the market depth. The volume of bitcoin is quite low recently. I think there will be big rise soon.

the only reason for the recent low volume is that the day traders has stopped (or slowed down) their daily process of buying and selling because of the stable price.
you can conclude from that a price rise.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Nancimy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:21:26 PM

the only reason for the recent low volume is that the day traders has stopped (or slowed down) their daily process of buying and selling because of the stable price.

But the daily price change is still around 2 to 3 percent. If they use margin, they can still make some profits.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:42:09 PM

But the daily price change is still around 2 to 3 percent. If they use margin, they can still make some profits.

no matter how small the price movements are, there is indeed always profit to be made on exchanges without fees. i have been trying to trade when the price was barely moving, and i made some small profits while i have invested a lot time in it. but i stopped doing so because it cost too much time.
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:59:25 PM

no matter how small the price movements are, there is indeed always profit to be made on exchanges without fees. i have been trying to trade when the price was barely moving, and i made some small profits while i have invested a lot time in it. but i stopped doing so because it cost too much time.
Trading is always like this , the trader need to watch the screens many times a day . with a huge a mount to invest i think it deserved the time wasted for it and sleep with a good profit earned.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Namrekka

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:01:49 PM

I guess less. You will get a avalanche of triggered stoploss orders.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:17:07 PM

I guess less. You will get a avalanche of triggered stoploss orders.

that is the problem or maybe benefit of using bots but those stop-loss trigers are not going to last forever, so the decrease can not go on forever the "avalanche" will be small

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: