Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin World - website & faucet.  (Read 2066 times)
iamraghavgupta (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:18:26 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 01:29:51 PM by iamraghavgupta

Bitcoin World. https://bitcoinworld.me is a website to carry information regarding everything about Bitcoin.
Suggestions are welcome. Its still in development phase. Please suggest more things that can be done.

Also there is faucet @ https://faucet.bitcoinworld.me. It is currently for new users. Ad revenue will be going to power up the faucet and the payout will be increased accordingly. Suggestions for the faucet is also welcome.

If anyone would like to partner with on development of the site, that can also be done.
Some options regarding that can be:
1) Open Sourcing everything, and allow the community to contribute.
2) Content revenue basis.

Or any other thing can be considered too.

**Guest bloggers are also welcome on revenue sharing basis. You can contact by PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:57:42 PM

Nice project, even when there is less content yet. You should add some more unique content there instead of sharing existing content like videos or links. Wish you good luck with your project!
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:04:47 PM

Hi, i visited your website, and what i like more is the glossary. We use words that new users on bitcoin world don't know witch meaning have, and the glossary of your web is a good thing.
iamraghavgupta (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:25:00 PM

Hi, i visited your website, and what i like more is the glossary. We use words that new users on bitcoin world don't know witch meaning have, and the glossary of your web is a good thing.
The idea is to have a place which have a lot of growing information. The website has been started from scratch. A lot of information is still to be added.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:34:17 PM

your site is good but still their is so much to be improved , and actually what type of site you wanted to start with. do you want just like thie forum type or else what is your idea that you have to come with in open.

this forum is fully with information about bitcoin and cryptocurrency with that the users are getting benefit from signature campaign, so i think you should have some thing where user come and get information at the same time they should also get benefit to be in your site .
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 11:51:15 PM

your site is good but still their is so much to be improved , and actually what type of site you wanted to start with. do you want just like thie forum type or else what is your idea that you have to come with in open.

this forum is fully with information about bitcoin and cryptocurrency with that the users are getting benefit from signature campaign, so i think you should have some thing where user come and get information at the same time they should also get benefit to be in your site .

I agree. And I really appreciate your thought. Its must have something extra that people want and can get easily.
iamraghavgupta (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:45:28 PM

u are absolutely right. this forum has the vast amount of information, but Bitcoin World is to be the place where user get the information they want and very easily, like a simple path to the world of Bitcoin.
There is a lot of things to be improved, and hopefully in some time, everything would be done.
It is not to be a forum or something, but a place to know about bitcoins. Just like the glossary page that has been created by researching over each and every term that can be related to bitcoins.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:37:36 PM

Bitcoin World. https://bitcoinworld.me is a website to carry information regarding everything about Bitcoin.
Suggestions are welcome. Its still in development phase. Please suggest more things that can be done.

Also there is faucet @ https://faucet.bitcoinworld.me. It is currently for new users. Ad revenue will be going to power up the faucet and the payout will be increased accordingly. Suggestions for the faucet is also welcome.

If anyone would like to partner with on development of the site, that can also be done.

**Guest bloggers are also welcome on revenue sharing basis. You can contact by PM.

Let me give you some tips mate.

First of all your menu is not looking good in firefox, i made a printscreen so you can see it
http://imgur.com/Pa4RLIu

Also you should add content, Many pages are empty or broken:
https://bitcoinworld.me/bitcoin-price/

Overall the sitel ooks good, but soem more effort should be invested in design.
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:02:49 AM

Good start ! Needs more information

noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:35:41 AM

https://bitcoinworld.me is very plain with good information but you do not put any theme on the website and you should consider adding some adverts banners.

iamraghavgupta (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:47:41 PM

Let me give you some tips mate.

First of all your menu is not looking good in firefox, i made a printscreen so you can see it
http://imgur.com/Pa4RLIu

Also you should add content, Many pages are empty or broken:
https://bitcoinworld.me/bitcoin-price/

Overall the sitel ooks good, but soem more effort should be invested in design.

Thanks, didnt look through in other browsers, changed it.
More content on way, currently there is not much data, but it will be filled gradually.
iamraghavgupta (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:56:48 PM

The picture at the top is too big for the site, I think it had been years since I saw a site with that problem (having such a big bar to scroll from left to right because the header did not fit properly). Also, I understand that you want to earn some Bitcoin, but those shortened URLs with no description do not really help (and I am more than sure that every single link is a referral Roll Eyes). Since I guess you copied most of the content (that video, it is the bitcoin.org video you find everywhere), where is your effort on this?

Thank you for pointing that out. The image renders perfectly on desktop, and the size changes as you change window size(its responsive), but it is not on mobile. Will look into the problem for a fix.
The links in the free bitcoins page are actually old (some dont work). Updated the page with the information. The main purpose of links (if will be shortened) is no personal gain, but to keep the website self sufficient and keep the faucet running. The front page has to be daily information from a sources. For the meantime that page is shown.
At current position, I agree most of the content seems completely copied. In a short time, more things will be updated, content added to make it more informative.
iamraghavgupta (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:06:14 PM

The image renders perfectly on desktop, and the size changes as you change window size(its responsive), but it is not on mobile.

Actually I opened the site from a desktop (a netbook, so yeah, it is a smaller screen, but not as small as a phone). I notice you decided to remove the picture, though. You should consider adding some sort of a captcha to your faucet, people may exploit* it (how are you checking the uniqueness of the claims?, via cookies?).

* Not I, of course, I did not even check if your faucet has any funds Grin.

Yes I removed the picture, I was not able to get it right for mobile at present. Looking into solutions for that. I first considered no captcha for making it easy to get some satoshis, but you are right it can be exploited. Will be adding captcha soon.  Only IP address is checked. One IP can claim once in an hour. and also no Tor is allowed. It is also checked. but I guess VPN's work.
https://faucet.bitcoinworld.me/stats.php  this page shows the stats of the faucet. The current balance it has and how much has been sent.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:23:14 PM

When I click open your site I like how clean it is.  It is not blinking and going crazy with ads and does not have overwhelming colors.  The font is stylized well.  That being said it is a refreshing change from other sites about bitcoin. 

The navigation for the site is upfront and clean highlighting key areas of Bitcoin.

I like the glossary and by spending only a small amount of time at the site it is apparent that you (the site creator) is interested helping people learn about Bitcoin.  If I did not know about bitcoin I think it would be a great first site to see because of how clean it is and doesnt feel like it is going to crash my computer.

So I guess from the last statements you can see how much I like a clean site - minimalism can be extremely effective.

More content is needed but you have a great start.  I like your vision with this.

I love Bitcoin
iamraghavgupta (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:15:25 PM

When I click open your site I like how clean it is.  It is not blinking and going crazy with ads and does not have overwhelming colors.  The font is stylized well.  That being said it is a refreshing change from other sites about bitcoin. 

The navigation for the site is upfront and clean highlighting key areas of Bitcoin.

I like the glossary and by spending only a small amount of time at the site it is apparent that you (the site creator) is interested helping people learn about Bitcoin.  If I did not know about bitcoin I think it would be a great first site to see because of how clean it is and doesnt feel like it is going to crash my computer.

So I guess from the last statements you can see how much I like a clean site - minimalism can be extremely effective.

More content is needed but you have a great start.  I like your vision with this.

I have been with this from 2011. In these years I gained a lot of knowledge, watched Bitcoin rise to its peak and tumble to its bottom. All these years, websites relating to this changed way only to earn defeating the purpose. This forum has been excellent source of my knowledge as one can find everything here. But for a beginner its a little difficult to start here. So Bitcoin World is something one can start with. There will be no annoying ads or anything as you already pointed, minimalism is effective. Just that the cost of running comes through. I am trying hard to add more and more information in a simple manner and will continue.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: