Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Mining GLD Goldcoin  (Read 2548 times)
Matty956 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:20:22 AM

hi everyone new here, ive recently taken up mining goldcoin. this is sort of a part time hobby rather than a profit making scheme. using my r9 290 tri-x OC I'm able to get around 820kH/S on average around 15-20 coins a day in a pool. now there aren't many forums around for goldcoin so ive come here for hopefully some help on a new setup. I don't really want to be running my GPU at 100% load for long periods, I know these graphics cards can run up to around 95c without problem but this is purely for peace of mind. my question is are there any USB miners out there that will scrypt mine goldcoin? and atleast double my hash rate?. thanks
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:32:30 PM

Even if you are not into mining for profit, you will waste a lot of energy mining Scrypt coins using your GPU.
Scrypt coins are meanwhile ASIC dominated, like you seem to have noticed. The smallest ASIC I'm aware of are the Gridseeds (GC3355) with around 350 kh/s. If I were you, I would try to get one or some used Zeus Blizzard (https://zeusminer.com/product/zeusminer-blizzard-s2-1-3-1-4mhs/). Check eBay or similar sites, they are usually offered around 30-50 bucks each. Or check this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0.

Matty956 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:52:26 AM

thanks for the reply Smiley ive been looking at a bitmain antminer u3. there are a few on ebay in the uk (where I'm based) for around £40-£50. it has a max rate of 64gh/s although I'm not sure what this is in mh/s? or if it would mine goldcoins?. cant seem to find any info on what algorithm goldcoin uses?
tittiecoiner

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:04:17 PM

thanks for the reply Smiley ive been looking at a bitmain antminer u3. there are a few on ebay in the uk (where I'm based) for around £40-£50. it has a max rate of 64gh/s although I'm not sure what this is in mh/s? or if it would mine goldcoins?. cant seem to find any info on what algorithm goldcoin uses?

Antminer U3 is made for mining coins with SHA256 algo like Bitcoin. Goldcoin uses Scrypt algo, that's not compatible with each other.
Manufacturers for Scrypt ASICs are Gridseed (tiny hashrate), Zeus (for lower hashrate devices) and KnC (Titan with 30 MH/s) and Innosilicon (for high hashrate miners).

Matty956 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:48:28 PM

so if I got the bitmain u3 which would be the best sha256 coin to mine? also id be looking for a pool to. Smiley
tittiecoiner

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:04:21 PM

so if I got the bitmain u3 which would be the best sha256 coin to mine? also id be looking for a pool to. Smiley

There aren't many interesting SHA256 coins beside Bitcoin. And those few are hammered by other miners with big ASICs so you won't get a big share of the cake.
Check the SHA256 stats on https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp and compare the 24h profit against mining BTC for 24h. I don't think you will find many coins with a higher profit than mining BTC directly. Exception are some news-driven price peaks or the usual p&d game.

As an alternative to mine GLD, you could mine BTC with an U3 or sell your hashrate on Nicehash and buy GLD from your earnings.

BTC pool overview: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=41.0

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:43:51 PM

hi everyone new here, ive recently taken up mining goldcoin. this is sort of a part time hobby rather than a profit making scheme. using my r9 290 tri-x OC I'm able to get around 820kH/S on average around 15-20 coins a day in a pool. now there aren't many forums around for goldcoin so ive come here for hopefully some help on a new setup. I don't really want to be running my GPU at 100% load for long periods, I know these graphics cards can run up to around 95c without problem but this is purely for peace of mind. my question is are there any USB miners out there that will scrypt mine goldcoin? and atleast double my hash rate?. thanks

if you are here to leann how mining process work ok...
you can try and mine some coin..
if you want to invest, i think the right choise id to directly invest in goldCoin buying it.
GPU mining era is over!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 06:07:23 PM

Some really useful mining information being presented here. If you ever need anything related to Goldcoin, feel free to join our Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goldcointalk/?ref=bookmarks

Our developer monitors the group daily. You might also considering joining our growing Open Workforce™.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: