Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero developers  (Read 1117 times)
Days (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:18:09 AM

Hello, I was suggested by a Monero developer called Smooth to open an appropriate thread for someone like me to get answers, so my question's are

Who are the developers who copied Monero from Bytecoin using a crippled launch?

How come they just disappeared and new ones came from no where and took over?

I am no computer expert I could not even get to start their Monero wallet because it was too complicated for me to understand it call me noob or dumb so going to github to check how many Monero developers worked/working now is simply beyond my knowledge so could someone here from Monero dev team tell me who are they and what they did for Monero? I prefer to get an answer from a Monero developer such as Smooth since he is always here and properly know's he's crew team better.

P.S my posts were deleted earlier today even thou it was directed to get answers and HOPE this one does not get deleted also

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:05:16 PM

Maybe this will help you with getting vallet.
 https://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

Here you have written Monero  developers as they were listed in May 2014. I am sure today many more contributed to Monero.
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

"The official core team members are (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle"

Who were the ones that started BitMonero or how was it called in April, i have no ideas since was not here. I am sure there was lots of topics on this forum you can find. But not sure if there was ever clear answer.  Could be some of those here: https://cryptonote.org/  team that parted from them and started Bytecoin.

In any case, having open projects you always risk that community take them over from you if you are running them badly.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:35:12 PM

Maybe this will help you with getting vallet.
 https://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

Here you have written Monero  developers as they were listed in May 2014. I am sure today many more contributed to Monero.
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

"The official core team members are (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle"

Who were the ones that started BitMonero or how was it called in April, i have no ideas since was not here. I am sure there was lots of topics on this forum you can find. But not sure if there was ever clear answer.  Could be some of those here: https://cryptonote.org/  team that parted from them and started Bytecoin.

In any case, having open projects you always risk that community take them over from you if you are running them badly.

ya HYP coin Scammer.

Also a community take over on a coin that already had used the name Bytecoin ?

I also see the guy commenting is maybe French and there is also a French dev he did not mention.

nobody know who original made it ?
community take over usually screams scam.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:06:41 PM

lol Spoetnik. What?

"ya HYP coin Scammer."

What is that? Something i said or something i am. lol, like we live on different planet.

"Also a community take over on a coin that already had used the name Bytecoin ? "

On your opinion community also take over Bytecoin? I have no knowledge of Bytecoin and have no ideas of that.

"I also see the guy commenting is maybe French and there is also a French dev he did not mention."

What you ment here? David is French as i know, I saw you made a post about him, so i would understand you also know that. But i dont again understand what you wrote. "Guy commenting", who is that and i am sure there can be people from France nowadays help develop Monero.

"nobody know who original made it ?"

I dont know who originally run it.  I got here a bit latter. You were here at that time, so i would expect you at least know username of guy on Bitcointalk forum if not his real name. I am sure many does, and i am sure, if you search forum you will find their names.  Saying that noone know their names is plain stupid, at least the one who made it knows his own name. But, would you believe him, he was the one that made it, or you will believe someone else? I am sure one day someone will write a book about it Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 02:25:05 PM

lol Spoetnik. What?

"ya HYP coin Scammer."

What is that? Something i said or something i am. lol, like we live on different planet.

"Also a community take over on a coin that already had used the name Bytecoin ? "

On your opinion community also take over Bytecoin? I have no knowledge of Bytecoin and have no ideas of that.

"I also see the guy commenting is maybe French and there is also a French dev he did not mention."

What you ment here? David is French as i know, I saw you made a post about him, so i would understand you also know that. But i dont again understand what you wrote. "Guy commenting", who is that and i am sure there can be people from France nowadays help develop Monero.

"nobody know who original made it ?"

I dont know who originally run it.  I got here a bit latter. You were here at that time, so i would expect you at least know username of guy on Bitcointalk forum if not his real name. I am sure many does, and i am sure, if you search forum you will find their names.  Saying that noone know their names is plain stupid, at least the one who made it knows his own name. But, would you believe him, he was the one that made it, or you will believe someone else? I am sure one day someone will write a book about it Smiley

Thankfulfortoday was the original Dev of Bitmonero when it was forked--it was subsequently forked from him because he wasn't taking the community's input into consideration. There are 30+ people who have worked on the project including a lead Bitcoin Dev.

Don't mind Spoetnik, Febo. When you're a hammer all you see is nails.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:52:03 PM

in other words a big list of random names.. $$$

30 devs huh ?

i love how the Monero story has evolved & morphed all this time.
I need to pull a Gleb and recap your idiot ass's bullshit.

Days (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:05:39 PM

Thankfulfortoday was the original Dev of Bitmonero when it was forked--it was subsequently forked from him because he wasn't taking the community's input into consideration. There are 30+ people who have worked on the project including a lead Bitcoin Dev.

Where is Thankfulfortoday? did he work alone, I want to talk to him about Monero if it's possible. Also, 30+ people is a lot but why there is no sync between them to make something amazing? it just feels like those 30+ coders "or bug fixers" did not work with each other at all except Fullfypony and Othe winning 21000 Monero coins in Fluffy's gambling site business MoneroDice?

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:57:47 PM

Fluffypony won on lottery, that is a developing in your eyes? You seems to have lots of questions, but you know some things i never heard of. You sure you are not just bla bla FUD about Monero as so many loves to? You still did not used search to find old threads? You were not able to find user    thankful_for_today so far? I found this user and thread on BitMonero in fw seconds earlier today. I never before see it, since i registered about time when last posts in that thread was made.

As i said it will be nice one day to see a movie about it. Knowing who he is will right now not change anything about Monero. Since he is not one of those 30+ developers that build Monero right now, working with each other for common goal.

I have no ideas why you don't go to IRC on Freenode and join #Monero channel, and get all answers in real time.  Or i have this answer already. You dont realy care.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:44:11 PM

Hello, I was suggested by a Monero developer called Smooth to open an appropriate thread for someone like me to get answers, so my question's are

Who are the developers who copied Monero from Bytecoin using a crippled launch?

How come they just disappeared and new ones came from no where and took over?

I am no computer expert I could not even get to start their Monero wallet because it was too complicated for me to understand it call me noob or dumb so going to github to check how many Monero developers worked/working now is simply beyond my knowledge so could someone here from Monero dev team tell me who are they and what they did for Monero? I prefer to get an answer from a Monero developer such as Smooth since he is always here and properly know's he's crew team better.

Here is the original thread where thankful_for_today launched Bitmonero as a fork/relaunch of Bytecoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0

Here is the list of developers who have committed code to the core Monero code (daemon, simplewallet): https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/graphs/contributors

Here are some other Monero subprojects along with their contributors:

Mininero (Monero crypto in Python): https://github.com/monero-project/mininero/graphs/contributors

RingCT (improved crypto for transaction amount privacy; reddit, does not have its own repo): https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3pw30d/ringct_for_monero_updated_versions/

URS (Ring signature toolkit for signing and voting): https://github.com/monero-project/urs/graphs/contributors

Kovri (I2P router): https://github.com/monero-project/kovri/graphs/contributors

Web site: https://github.com/monero-project/monero-site/graphs/contributors

Forum software  (includes crowdfunding tools): https://github.com/monero-project/monero-forum/graphs/contributors

Monero Core (cross platform GUI): https://github.com/monero-project/monero-core/graphs/contributors
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:48:47 PM

Where is Thankfulfortoday? did he work alone, I want to talk to him about Monero if it's possible.

He quit when the community disagreed with his ideas and followed the Monero fork instead of Bitmonero. You can try sending him a PM but his account has been inactive for over a year.

Also, 30+ people is a lot but why there is no sync between them to make something amazing? it just feels like those 30+ coders "or bug fixers" did not work with each other at all

People work together every day. You have no idea what you are talking about.

except Fullfypony and Othe winning 21000 Monero coins in Fluffy's gambling site business MoneroDice?

I can't see how this is anything but off topic.
Days (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:04:43 AM

Sorry was away from my computer.

This is a long list  Shocked but did they come up with something new or are they just bug fixing and are they capable of creating new answers for Crypto currencies, if 33 developers can't make a simple GUI wallet why should I be happy as an investor.

Also saying they make money by making MoneroDice and actually winning big is a concern to me, and you Smooth even went away by creating you're own coin Aeon? this makes it look to me that no one is taking Monero serious because it is just a side business to make more money, I don't know about the other developers but If I dig more I probably going to find some of them also have other coins they main and Monero is yet another side job I'm I right?

To me this is why Monero updates and lack of development is taking so long if not never yet? People are taking it as a side business by bug fixing and no innovation with no bright future because simply this guy is here in forums, the other is counting he's money from MoneroDice, the other having problems with French police, other are like 1-2 commits and mehh. They need to work with each other with ONE project and that is Monero and leave their side business for now.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:12:41 AM

why should I be happy as an investor.
I haven't owned any Monero for a while but just bought some. But if you invest and promote it I would definitely sell mine Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 05:20:14 AM

why should I be happy as an investor.
I haven't owned any Monero for a while but just bought some. But if you invest and promote it I would definitely sell mine Smiley

It's better to have smart enemies than stupid friends.  Wink

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:38:38 AM

There was 2 Bytecoins.

I also have a hard time taking peoples word for so much of this.. story of Monero.
The problem is a lot of coins before have been a take over of sorts and some faked !
The fact the original dev has not posted for a year is fishy.

So what part does the Millionaire Risto come into the story ?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:08:19 AM

Sorry was away from my computer.

This is a long list  Shocked but did they come up with something new or are they just bug fixing and are they capable of creating new answers for Crypto currencies, if 33 developers can't make a simple GUI wallet why should I be happy as an investor.

There is both new work and bug fixes. As for why you should be happy or not as an investor that is up to you. Nobody is trying to "sell" the coin to you.

Also saying they make money by making MoneroDice and actually winning big is a concern to me, and you Smooth even went away by creating you're own coin Aeon? this makes it look to me that no one is taking Monero serious because it is just a side business to make more money, I don't know about the other developers but If I dig more I probably going to find some of them also have other coins they main and Monero is yet another side job I'm I right?

Monero is a volunteer open source project. If you are looking for a product that has full time developers, promoters, etc. you should look elsewhere.

To me this is why Monero updates and lack of development is taking so long if not never yet? People are taking it as a side business by bug fixing and no innovation with no bright future because simply this guy is here in forums, the other is counting he's money from MoneroDice, the other having problems with French police, other are like 1-2 commits and mehh. They need to work with each other with ONE project and that is Monero and leave their side business for now.

Nobody asked what you think people should do. If you want more or different development done your only two options are to do it yourself or pay someone to do it. That's how open source works, period.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:10:50 AM

There was 2 Bytecoins.

Yes that is right. BTE has nothing to do with BCN. That latter (BCN) was forked to create Bitmonero/Monero.

BTE thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164569.0

BCN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0

I also have a hard time taking peoples word for so much of this.. story of Monero.
The problem is a lot of coins before have been a take over of sorts and some faked !
The fact the original dev has not posted for a year is fishy.

You should not take anyone's word for things. Believe what you like, disbelieve, investigate, or ignore. It is up to you.

So what part does the Millionaire Risto come into the story ?

About a month or so after the launch, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.0
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 07:50:55 AM

I have been around since the Bitmonero fork was announced by TFT (thankfulfortoday). The original cryptonote - Bytecoin was a massive premine so Bitmonero fork was the answer. But TFT showed the same fishy behaviour as did the suddenly found Bytecoin supporters. TFT was not ready to listen to people. So a set of members took over and changed the name to Monero (with the knowledge of TFT). After starting work on Monero, they found the miner was deliberately crippled by the bytecoin team, If memory serves me right it was noodledoodle who found it and released the updated faster code. Since then Monero has been developed as expected from honest and professional people
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: