Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **Download the blockchain here, updated regularly **  (Read 97636 times)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:48:33 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 02:10:48 AM by 2112

Does anyone require this link anymore? We currently have duplicates, probably not necessary.
Yours has a distinction of actually working. The one posted lkloon123 don't seem to work. They seem to hang on: Preparing download: zipping 1 file: progress circle gets stuck below 25%. In a dedicated Google Drive download utility they show as "files offline".

So maybe keep your until somebody confirms successful use of the other links?

Edit: Further research shows that barto123 posted hyperlink to a file, but lkloon123 posted link to a directory of subdirectories (named with a date) that contain the actual RAR files. Google Drive must have different special cases for different browsers. I managed to start download of lkloon123's post by starting it in "Google Internet Explorer Chrome", pausing the download and then copy-pasting the end-file link to a browser not approved by Google.

Pain in the neck, but it could be made to work. I'll update one the RAR download finishes and passes verification in unrar.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barto123

Activity: 644
Merit: 321

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 04:45:29 PM

Does anyone require this link anymore? We currently have duplicates, probably not necessary.
Yours has a distinction of actually working. The one posted lkloon123 don't seem to work. They seem to hang on: Preparing download: zipping 1 file: progress circle gets stuck below 25%. In a dedicated Google Drive download utility they show as "files offline".

So maybe keep your until somebody confirms successful use of the other links?

Edit: Further research shows that barto123 posted hyperlink to a file, but lkloon123 posted link to a directory of subdirectories (named with a date) that contain the actual RAR files. Google Drive must have different special cases for different browsers. I managed to start download of lkloon123's post by starting it in "Google Internet Explorer Chrome", pausing the download and then copy-pasting the end-file link to a browser not approved by Google.

Pain in the neck, but it could be made to work. I'll update one the RAR download finishes and passes verification in unrar.

I tested the link plus installing it into new wallet on different PC, should work if you have winRAR

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
barto123

Activity: 644
Merit: 321

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 04:47:53 PM

Apologies for that Dropbox link, they only allow a small of downloads per day. Trying Google drive now. *Bitcoin Blockchain Updated 10 Jun 17*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQX3WA9rhJCMERON0FFdUdhUkE/view?usp=drivesdk

Trying to help Bitcoin & get more nodes running to activate Segwit. These transaction fees are a killer!

If you run one of these clients https://uasf.bitcoinreminder.com/ you will start showing support for BIP148 UASF - before Activation on 1 Aug 17. The more people that run it the better the chance we have of getting Segwit. The power is in the users hands!

BTC: 14VbJUwQswTxf7VVn86nmqdseW7SjPh5FR
ETH: 0x600a9777936051daca6338b5fd397b546ea4313e

A small donation would be appreciated for cost of the cloud storage, however not necessary.

Please let me know how you go with that link.

I will leave this up as there's most likely going to be a need for 2 links with all the UASF traffic. Bitcoin is growing really fast.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:30:27 PM

I tested the link plus installing it into new wallet on different PC, should work if you have winRAR
Yeah, I can confirm it "works", i.e. downloads in full and restores correctly.

The question is "how much effort is required to use it on a clean computer, especially Windows?" When somebody doesn't already have Google Chrome and payware RAR utility this isn't so easy.

Depending on the country the attempt to use of directory-level Google Drive link in Microsoft Internet Explorer one ends up with either a hang (described above) or a prompt to upgrade browser.

I don't know if payware RAR utility is smarter, but the freeware unrar restores those directories in a heavily fragmented state. It doesn't make sense for anyone to pay for full RAR license (or lookup the ever-popular cracks) when all that's required is a one-time uncompressing. With heavily fragmented store Bitcoin Core client works much slower then when it would do the download itself.

Yeah, but it makes everything go much faster, especially for users of the ISPs which don't have fully routable IP addresses but have to use to use CG-NAT-ed shared IP addresses. Google Drive doesn't seem to do per-IP throttling unlike e.g. Mega.nz .

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
PatrickMacH

Activity: 442
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:34:54 AM

Now, Blockchain requie over 120G, it too big for my PC,
other way to used Bitcore?

Usually you are not required to store the complete blockchain on your PC.
Did you consider to use pruning to reduce your storage requirements?

It's about adding a line "prune=[allowed blockchain storage in MB]" to your bitcoin.conf configuration file.
A value around 4488 [MB] which is currently about a month of backlog may be useful.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] following the spirit of the age,
you have to follow the edge of technology
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:01:33 AM

Bitcoin Blockchain Download [bootstrap.dat]

About
Code:
block date:     Sa. 08 Jul. 2017 14:17:11
block number:   #47480
file name:      bootstrap.dat.xz
file size:      ~80 GB [81,657 MB]
file format:    compressed xz (containing bootstrap.dat)
uncompressed:   ~116 GB

Indexed with Bitcoin Core v0.14.2 on Linux (4.4.0 x64) platform.

What's new
The compression format has been updated to xz which allows the decompression of the bootstrap.dat file while downloading it. If you are an expert you can use system pipes to inject the highly compressed serialized Bitcoin blockchain bootstrap.dat to the Bitcoin Core initial blockchain loadup process.

Setup
Move the decompressed bootstrap.dat into your Bitcoin-Qt application folder and (re)start your Bitcoin-Qt client:
  • Unix/Linux: ~/.bitcoin
  • MAC OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/
  • Windows: [User Directory]AppDataRoamingBitcoin (i.e. C:UsersMyUsernameAppDataRoamingBitcoin

If you don't know how it works you can check the details on the download page.
Beware that after decompressing the XY file, you need additional ~130 GB to import the bootstrap file!

Download
--- https://goo.gl/gdHA8S ---

Hint
This is a private hosted download. To scope the hosting costs the download page requires a donation of whatever amount is suitable for you.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6088

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:31:31 AM

About
Code:
block date:     Sa. 08 Jul. 2017 14:17:11
block number:   #47480
file size:      ~80 GB [81,657 MB]
uncompressed:   ~116 GB

What's new
The compression format has been updated to xz which allows the decompression of the bootstrap.dat file while downloading it. If you are an expert you can use system pipes to inject the highly compressed serialized Bitcoin blockchain bootstrap.dat to the Bitcoin Core initial blockchain loadup process.

Setup
Move the decompressed bootstrap.dat into your Bitcoin-Qt application folder and (re)start your Bitcoin-Qt client:
  • Windows: [User Directory]AppDataRoamingBitcoin (i.e. C:UsersMyUsernameAppDataRoamingBitcoin

Beware that after decompressing the XY file, you need additional ~130 GB to import the bootstrap file!

Download

Hint
This is a private hosted download. To scope the hosting costs the download page requires a donation of whatever amount is suitable for you.

It is no longer suggested to download the Bootstrap file anymore. It's better (and faster) to let the software download it and sync alone.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PatrickMacH

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:31:27 AM

[...]
Download

Hint

It is no longer suggested to download the Bootstrap file anymore. It's better (and faster) to let the software download it and sync alone.
Yes, the recommended way is to sync the client alone.

But nevertheless an up-to-date bootstrap.dat file is useful for some usage scenarious like:
  • rolling out multiple installations
  • speeding up the initial sync (because the bootstrap.dat is already serialized)

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:33:03 AM

About
Code:
block date:     Tu. 18 Jul. 2017 16:13:56
block number:   #476400
file name:      bootstrap.dat.xz
file size:      ~80 GB [82,644 MB]
file format:    compressed xz (containing bootstrap.dat)
uncompressed:   ~116 GB

What's new

Setup

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:04:36 PM

About
Code:
block date:     Sa. 29 Jul. 2017 09:31:58
block number:   #478100
file size:      ~82 GB [83,729 MB]
uncompressed:   ~119 GB

What's new

Setup

Beware that after decompressing the XY file, you need additional ~140 GB to import the bootstrap file!

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Wanko

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:12:32 AM

Die Idee ist gut aber an der Umsetzung scheitert es anscheinend. Hab "gespendet" damit ich den Downloadlink bekomme. (Es ist keine Spende sondern eine Bezahlung für "deine" Dienstleistung). Siehe da ich lade mit maximal 2,8mb/s runter(schwankt immer zwischen 1,2mb/s-2,8mb/s. Das ist ja wohl eine Frechheit. Geld verlangen für den download und dann nicht mal eine richtige Geschwindigkeit bereitstellen. Wahnsinn. Kann nur jedem davon abraten.

Hab übrigens eine 400.000er Leitung -> ziehe immer mit mindestens 55mb/s von richtigen Anbietern.

english:
The Idea is good but the downloadserver is horrible. I download the Bootstrap.dat with 2,8mb/s. My Internet download is normally 55mb/s. Really bad service which you have to pay for.
lungbubble

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:23:36 PM

Okay, so people keep saying its "better" to download through the wallet program than to download a bootstrap. 

Been syncing for under an hour, wallet claims it will take 7 weeks to fully sync from a clean install. 

How is that faster than under a day that would be required to download a 50-100gb bootstrap?

Some claim re-indexing is not required with the newer clients as well so that would suggest to eliminate that. 

Even with those things being the case, why is the download so slow?!
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:25:45 PM

Okay, so people keep saying its "better" to download through the wallet program than to download a bootstrap. 

Been syncing for under an hour, wallet claims it will take 7 weeks to fully sync from a clean install. 

How is that faster than under a day that would be required to download a 50-100gb bootstrap?

Some claim re-indexing is not required with the newer clients as well so that would suggest to eliminate that. 

Even with those things being the case, why is the download so slow?!

With the bootstrap you still have to validate the data. It's not just "the people" who say it's faster just syncing normally, it's the devs and the changelogs...
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:26:56 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2017, 12:24:13 PM by Mad7Scientist

My assumpton is that they're considering that you will reindex (./bitcoin-qt -dbcache=600 -reindex) after you download it from somebody. Of course if you don't reindex then there is no way that downloading with the client could be faster provided that the source that you're downloading from isn't limiting its upload speed.

edit: I believe that bootstrap.dat requires indexing no matter what, so downloading and indexing would always be slower than downloading and indexing at the same time. What I was talking about is actually getting a complete database (blocks and chainstate directories) from somebody.

edit2: If you have a mechanical hard drive, downloading the blockchain requires 2GB of cache memory in addition to memory for the OS and the bitcoin program. In other words you need 4GB and even with that it'll slow down getting in to 2016 data. Also, if you don't have ECC RAM then as single bit error will invalidate the entire index due to something like checksum error - database corrupted or Mekcle Root mismatch and you'll have to start over with the -reindex flag.

Free blockchain download to people in Illinois and bordering States, but please do me a favor. This is an older one that's at block 474777 from June 8th. Also it was created using bitcoin-core 0.12.1. Newer versions should be able to use it and auto update the format but I'm not sure about the newest versoins. This blockchain is already indexed and it was created by myself. You can check my trust with the web of trust used on the IRC channel. I have a high rating. If you're not close to Illinois I'll disconnect you. No, I'm not being charged extra to send to a long distance location, I'm just enforcing my own personal Internet agenda. I'll take the link away once one or two people start downloading it.

If you want to pay me $3 I'll let you download it even if you're not by Illinois. I will also accept 0.0005 Bitcoins, 0.03 Litecoins, or 3 Primecoins.

The favor: When you download this could you tell me if it works on your system and could you check error.log in your Bitcoin configuration/data directory (where wallet.dat is) and tell me if it encountered any errors when you reindex it, if you do chose to reindex it.

Here is the link to the file. It is a 100GB rar archive with a recovery record in case a bit gets corrupted. It also includes peers.dat. I thought that that might help bootstrapping go a little faster some day in the future. SHA1: b4d34735dac777202b681ef021ed38bfd6bc1f02

http://[URL hostname hidden - please PM me for this URL or use the Gnutella download method]/public/blockchains/bitcoin-core_0.12.1_indexed_blockchain_block474777_and_peers.dat_2017-7-8.rar

Once you download it then unpack it in your bitcoin data directory. Make sure to preserve the directory structure in the unrar program or the Windows GUI version. Delete the blocks and chainstate directories first to not have abandoned files around.
In Linux at the command line it would be something like this:
$ cd ~/.bitcoin
$ rm -r chainstate/ blocks/
$ sha1sum bitcoin-core_0.12.1_indexed_blockchain_block474777_and_peers.dat_2017-7-8.rar
# The result should be b4d34735dac777202b681ef021ed38bfd6bc1f02 . If it isn't, then you have a bad download. Try to do a recovery on the rar archive. It will create a copy that's corrected to the correct sha1 hash.
$ unrar x r bitcoin-core_0.12.1_indexed_blockchain_block474777_and_peers.dat_2017-7-8.rar

Now run bitcoin-qt. If you don't trust me or if you have a lot of money in your wallet then you'll want to reindex it. Do bitcoin-qt -dbcache=500 -reindex #This will take a long time. If you don't have more than 2-4GB of RAM (depending on your client version) and you don't have a SSD don't do it.

edit 3: Another method! I have the file shared on Gnutella. It's the same file as mentioned above. Would someone like to try putting urn:sha1:WTJUONO2Y53SAK3ID3YCD3JYX7LLYHYC in to a program like gtk-gnutella and seeing if it finds the file? Please do ensure sharing is on in your client as you download! This is a base32 SHA1 which is different than what sha1sum produces. After downloading the file with Gnutella, the previous instructions for unpacking it still apply.
PatrickMacH

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:24:18 AM

My assumpton is that they're considering that you will reindex (./bitcoin-qt -dbcache=600 -reindex) after you download it from somebody. Of course if you don't reindex then there is no way that downloading with the client could be faster provided that the source that you're downloading from isn't limiting its upload speed.

edit: I believe that bootstrap.dat requires indexing no matter what, so downloading and indexing would always be slower than downloading and indexing at the same time. What I was talking about is actually getting a complete database (blocks and chainstate directories) from somebody.

Using a recent bootstrap.dat file can speed up the initial blockchain loadup process in many scenarious, because:
  • you save a decent amount of download data: The bootstrap.dat.xz is highly compressed.
  • you save computing ressources: The bootstrap.dat file already contains serialized data.
  • you only have to download the bootstrap.dat.xz file once and can use it to deploy multiple instances.

The compression format xz allows the decompression of the bootstrap.dat file while downloading it. To download and import/index at the same time you can use system pipes to inject the highly compressed serialized Bitcoin blockchain boostrap.dat to the Bitcoin initial blockchain loadup process.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:27:52 AM

About
Code:
block date:     Aug. 10, 2017 05:14:49
block number:   #479900
download
 - file name:   bootstrap.dat.xz
 - file size:   ~83 GB [84,852 MB]
 - file format: compressed xz (containing bootstrap.dat)
uncompressed
 - file name:   bootstrap.dat
 - file size:   ~120 GB

What's new

Setup

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
bitco4ever

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

Found the full blockchain 08/2017 available as download from blockchain-downloads.com. Hope it helps!
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:58:20 AM

Good work. Is this project still going on?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:22:01 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 09:30:52 PM by Mad7Scientist

Found the full blockchain 08/2017 available as download from blockchain-downloads.com. Hope it helps!
Probably not bad, but they want $10 on their site! My price is closer to $3 if someone wants to PM me and get my download link that I mentioned earlier. It'll probably take 1.5 days to upload it here though.

Anyway, as I edited in and mentioned in detail 5 posts back I put this up on the Gnutella network. Put this in the search bar in gtk-gnutella or similar and see if it finds my July blockchain 100GB rar file. I'd like to know if it works! Gnutella searches can be slow to returns results.

urn:sha1:WTJUONO2Y53SAK3ID3YCD3JYX7LLYHYC

edit: Has anyone tried? Could you PM me if you can't find the file on Gnutella?

edit2: I have the complete blockchain up to 2017-8-20 as well. Just download the following 7.2GB file on Gnutella and unpack it in your bitcoin directory AFTER unpacking the first RAR archive. Be sure to preserve the directory structure and overwrite files.

urn:sha1:TZOOC2VV4G3LQZEXEUG65DY7VEWFCIEV

I'm surprised nobody has tried to download it yet or contacted me about it not working.
NeonFlash

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:24:00 AM

@Mad7Scientist: Thanks for your efforts. Is there an equivalent for Bitcoin Cash blockchain as well?

Is it possible to get a copy of the Bitcoin Blockchain prior to Hard Fork. Something like synchronized upto July 2017 only and not after. I'm asking for this because after hard fork on August 1st, the Bitcoin Blockchain is not compatible with Bitcoin Cash Blockchain. However, if we can get the latest snapshot of Blockchain prior to hard fork, then it can be re-used with Bitcoin ABC wallet and only the blocks after hard fork would need to be downloaded.

By the way, let's say you import a blockchain of size 100 GB into Bitcoin Core wallet. How long does it take to reindex the complete thing? How much time would you save as opposed to letting your own Bitcoin Core installation download and sync the blockchain?

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: