Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust score algorithm  (Read 672 times)
Zeroxal (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:00:30 PM

As we have this trust score that is under our forum name/avatar, I wanted to ask if there is an official algorithm that has been released that determines that score.
I know that the btc amount and timespan play an important role, so is there a specific amount+time that will make your score higher?

I see many members with a positive trust score(like me), but they are not green but black. What does your score need to be to get a green trust?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:02:25 PM

it needs to be positive 5 to get green, so 5 months
so you will be green in about ~4 months
Zeroxal (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

I think it isn't that easy. What about the trusted amount?
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:16:21 PM

I think it isn't that easy. What about the trusted amount?
the more trust you get, the more trust you get, each positive from a trusted user gives you a +10 rating spread over 10 months
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:42:12 PM

As we have this trust score that is under our forum name/avatar, I wanted to ask if there is an official algorithm that has been released that determines that score.
I know that the btc amount and timespan play an important role, so is there a specific amount+time that will make your score higher?

I see many members with a positive trust score(like me), but they are not green but black. What does your score need to be to get a green trust?
From what i have seen until now you can get max of 10 points from a single user.

Even if he makes more than one feedback to your account, and it takes 10 months to get the max of 10 points from a single user.

1 month after a user gives you positive trust you will see 1 black color, then from 5 to 14 it is Light Green and from 15+ it is Dark Green
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

If you assume that you have no negative ratings then it is easy. Only ratings from people who are in your trust network are taken into consideration. For each person/account that gives you positive trust you get one trust point (the number on the very left) for each month since that account left you the first positive rating with a maximum of 10 trust points from each person.

The second number is the number of people who have given you negative trust.

The third number is the number of people who have given you positive trust.

If the last rating is your first negative rating then the highest score you can have is three question marks. The number of negative ratings you have, to the power of two is the number of trust points that are removed from your trust score (so if you have two negative ratings then 22 trust points are subtracted from your trust score, and if you have four negative trust ratings then you have 24 trust points removed from your trust score). If you have more unique positive trust ratings then the number of negative trust points that your negative trust removes, then your trust score is the number of unique positive trust ratings since your first negative rating minus the number of negative trust ratings.

I believe the above accurately explains it, however the code is below:

Code:
if there are no negative ratings
score = 0
for each rating, oldest to newest
if this rater has already been counted
continue
score += min(10, round_up(months since rating))
else
score = unique_positive - 2^(unique_negative)
if score >= 0
start_time = time of first negative
score = unique_positive since start_time - unique_negative since start_time
if(score < 0)
return ??? (orange)

move score to range [-9999,9999]
return score

This algorithm is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: