Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO BUY! Parabolic SAR just flipped the side  (Read 7107 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:21:47 PM

Whoever pays 0.6% gox commision isn't really going to cut it yes.

But duh! Wink

If you manage to trade a $50 million a month and have the lowest fee, you still need a 58% success rate to break even.  (Assuming a tight stop, which Gox doesn't provide and that connection issues at times of high volume can fuck up if you have a script to do it for you).

The solution is not to mtgox.

Bitstamp has similar fees.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:22:57 PM

these people trying to make money off wiggles should just look into being a local btc dealer :p
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:28:09 PM

Whoever pays 0.6% gox commision isn't really going to cut it yes.

But duh! Wink

If you manage to trade a $50 million a month and have the lowest fee, you still need a 58% success rate to break even.  (Assuming a tight stop, which Gox doesn't provide and that connection issues at times of high volume can fuck up if you have a script to do it for you).

The solution is not to mtgox.

Bitstamp has similar fees.

That's why I love btc-e.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:55:44 PM

Since some post were about me, let me clarify some aspects: I can make a decent profit if there's at least 3% difference between two local
minimums / maximums, considering a 0.8% (2x 0.4%) commission and adequate volume (which has been a problem lately on Gox).
But my biggest problem is catching the peaks and bottoms while I am not sleeping, because guessing the precise values for the peaks and
bottoms is bloody difficult for me (to place an order overnight). I moved to Gox from Bitstamp because of the higher volumes, but in the
meantime that advantage of Gox has diminished. I also can't do delayed arbitrage anymore (obviously), so I might move back to Bitstamp.
It was easy to reach their 0.5% (2x 0.25%) commission, on Gox to reach 0.6% (2x 0.3%) I'd have to almost double my trades, can't do that yet.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

to each their own!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:07:58 PM

Since some post were about me, let me clarify some aspects: I can make a decent profit if there's at least 3% difference between two local
minimums / maximums, considering a 0.8% (2x 0.4%) commission and adequate volume (which has been a problem lately on Gox).
But my biggest problem is catching the peaks and bottoms while I am not sleeping, because guessing the precise values for the peaks and
bottoms is bloody difficult for me (to place an order overnight). I moved to Gox from Bitstamp because of the higher volumes, but in the
meantime that advantage of Gox has diminished. I also can't do delayed arbitrage anymore (obviously), so I might move back to Bitstamp.
It was easy to reach their 0.5% (2x 0.25%) commission, on Gox to reach 0.6% (2x 0.3%) I'd have to almost double my trades, can't do that yet.

Short term trading would be much easier if we didn't need sleep.  But in light of the reality of my human form, and the fact I don't want to spend all day on the computer, I trade on longer time frames Tongue.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: