Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Halving already 100% priced in! Would you buy or sell now?  (Read 3186 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 09:34:31 AM

remember that the current price is already good for the halving, but this is for now

there are still 7 months before the halving, which mean that plenty of thing will change, but if everything will remain the same by the time that the halving come, diff included

then yes there is no reason for the price to grow to accomodate the halving

Maybe its priced in for the smart money who already knows about the halving but not for the speculators who hear about it late and jump in when price is already moving up? It then creates a snowball rolling getting bigger where more people jump on at the end just because they see huge gains, this is the bubble forming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:09:26 PM

Maybe its priced in for the smart money who already knows about the halving but not for the speculators who hear about it late and jump in when price is already moving up? It then creates a snowball rolling getting bigger where more people jump on at the end just because they see huge gains, this is the bubble forming.
Now you've ruined it by letting everyone know! Wink

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 05:01:39 PM

Looking at the charts  there is still some action going on.
Although we can't see it with a big price raise, a new resistance is still being tested out.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 10:28:37 PM

Now you've ruined it by letting everyone know! Wink

Oops  Embarrassed
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:54:32 PM

I think the halving is priced in, but that is not to stay it would not move up for other reasons. It held well over the Holidays which is a good sign. I expected it to dip as people spent.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:57:00 PM

the price will surely have to rise a lot more, people will still invest a lot of money into bitcoin like a month ago as they will wait for a huge price increase because of price halving, these investments will surely bump the price upwards the only question is how much it will affect the price

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 09:42:28 AM

Similar to my earlier post, might as well look at the recent litecoin halving too

Litecoin had its first halving on 25 August 2015
https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/litecoin-first-block-reward-halving

Marked here with this orange vertical line on a chart of litecoin versus US$

This is quite different to the first bitcoin halving but in both cases there has been what looks like a large speculative bubble followed by higher price afterwards.

In Litecoin's halving the bubble peaked before the actual halving date and was not enough to approach all time highs in litecoin. Although litecoin normally has its own all time highs roughly in sync with bitcoins movements, this halving occuring at a time when litecoin was already at a very depressed price and bitcoin is still well below its own all time high.

But the essence of my idea remains that the halving may induce a bubble as part of the price discovery mechanism.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 09:59:30 AM

i will do nothing special about the halving...

asrilani

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:19:08 PM

I think the halving is priced in, but that is not to stay it would not move up for other reasons. It held well over the Holidays which is a good sign. I expected it to dip as people spent.

The smart money has cost, it will not enter bitcoin 6 months in advance. It will enter may be in March or April.
Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:45:43 PM

Halving is not priced in yet...My crystal ball told me this yesterday
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:42:15 PM

Yeah, not 100% priced in. Partially priced in perhaps, but not totally. The decreased supply after the halving will have it's full affect in a couple of months after halving day like it did last time. Maybe even sooner due to increased awareness and use of bitcoin compared to last halving. When this is realized and felt, then the pricing in will become closer to the 100% of what the halving should cause.
asrilani

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:27:25 PM

Halving is not priced in yet...My crystal ball told me this yesterday

The price has dropped a lot from the recent peak. So the price will rise even if the halving is already priced in.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:50:26 PM

Read in several threads that mining would still be profitable for most miners if price wouldn't change at all when halving kicks in.

Until today I was absolutely sure the price would go up long before summer but apart from the psychological factor and the entire community awaiting an increase there is no reason this would happen. Were we all wrong? Ever since the first halving new coins hitting the market play only a minor role (no role at all anymore for BTC pricing). So why would the price go up?

I don't know about you but perhaps this isn't the time for coin accumulation after all. 430 is too low to sell and too high to buy imo.

As for me there cannot be never told about mining that is profitable. If the price of bitcoin will move high normally without doing big jumps and stay there for sure that cannot be told that is profitable. The difficulty cannot be never predicted and it was enough to have two-three big jumps that mining become forever unprofitable for those who have invested in mining (whatever kind of investment may be) before these jumps. To not tell if the price stay unchanged and the difficulty increased. Or even worst the price go down. All these options probable to happen.

As for sell or buy for me is always buy. Even if the price increased buy. This price is to low compared to that in which is hoped that bitcoin arrive. Who believe on that, risk. Who don't, wait. Someone will cry and some another will laugh. Who will be one and who the other one will be known only in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: